Beaten by a SEAT Leon!

taffyjason

You obviously didn't have your puma super duper driving shoes on in you high performance race car. Still makes me chuckle to hear people wear them in a 350z. We all agree it's hardly a fast car.

I was massively disappointed with the speed of them. I get people try race me all the time, not that it is my thing at all but I just know that most of them would beat me so I just pootle along and let them past. :byebye:

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

really rattled me some crappy car like that put the Zed in its box

Why? Are you now gutted that you didn't buy a Leon instead? Hardly a crappy car is it, if it's quicker than yours.

Why can't people just show a little respect when humbled by something, well, humble? I got slaughtered once by a Citroen AX running god-knows-what when I had my VXR220, but as he went past me the 2nd time I backed off and gave him a massive thumbs up. I wouldn't want to swap cars with him, but by damn I'll show him some respect for having a proper sleeper mobile :thumbs:

Spend some money on your car and get some lessons. Myself and Leo were on track on Thursday night with a couple of 911 996 turbos and they weren't very happy with me harrassing them through the corners :lol: The only place they could get a decent run away was up the main straight at Knockhill and it wasn't by muh :#1: If I had my nitrous running (left the bottle open and it leaked out :thumbdown: ) it would have been a whole new story.

I can't wait for the lightening of the car (carbon boot and doors) and then I reckon that on a track like Knockhill I will be able to harrass most cars.

really rattled me some crappy car like that put the Zed in its box

Why? Are you now gutted that you didn't buy a Leon instead? Hardly a crappy car is it, if it's quicker than yours.

Why can't people just show a little respect when humbled by something, well, humble? I got slaughtered once by a Citroen AX running god-knows-what when I had my VXR220, but as he went past me the 2nd time I backed off and gave him a massive thumbs up. I wouldn't want to swap cars with him, but by damn I'll show him some respect for having a proper sleeper mobile :thumbs:

+1 a few months back a I had an encounter with a 51 plate polo running very low and fitted with a roll cage....it was bloody quick. There are plenty of sleepers out there.

Even if the Seat is quicker in a straight line would still rather have the zed than any scrabblewaggen,

on the point of sleepers iv had a couple of micra's now with a good setup on the suspension and a bit of a tweek and they can upset some pretty quick stuff

The thing with the Z is it's got very long legs, if you're not in the right gear at the right time most hot hatches will keep up no problem.

Because a 'lesser' car kept up doesn't make the Z slow though.

Just think of it like this, there's probably plenty of people on the porsche owners forum saying they can't belive a 350z kept up.

The day my brother bought his car he got hassled by an Ibiza, as we reached the dual carriageway we were laughing about how the Ibiza was going to get blown away ........ it came flying past him as he went in 4th and carried on up the road. The lad was gutted. :D

My brothers car?? A 380hp Evo8 ......... :lol:

The day my brother bought his car he got hassled by an Ibiza, as we reached the dual carriageway we were laughing about how the Ibiza was going to get blown away ........ it came flying past him as he went in 4th and carried on up the road. The lad was gutted. :D

My brothers car?? A 380hp Evo8 ......... :lol:

aye right, I don't believe that for a minute ... Unless the ibiza had 4wd and +350bhp either that your brother didnt know how to drive the evo. My mates ibiza cupra r has 250ish and still cant get near the zed on track so for a 380hp evo to get spanked theres something seriously wrong :bangin: .

A 350+ Ibiza weighs a lot less than a Evo though, and 4WD counts for nothing when you're rolling.

On a side note, I love the mk1 Golfs that end up with a turbocharged V6 conversion in them, utterly mental! :D

A 350+ Ibiza weighs a lot less than a Evo though, and 4WD counts for nothing when you're rolling.

On a side note, I love the mk1 Golfs that end up with a turbocharged V6 conversion in them, utterly mental! :D

my mates ibiza hits boost and even with r888's and lsd it will burn the tyres in 3 and 4 easily. Thats with alot less that 300hp at the hubs. Its like a turbo 350z, tims car got smoked off the line by the pulsar gtr until about a ton or because he simply couldnt put the power down. A seat ibiza maxes on not much further after that. A front wheel drive matchbox like the ibiza struggles alot to put the power down especially with more than it came with.

Infact I have a video of a seat ibiza cupra from a wales trackday at raf valley somewhere. It was running alot of power. I'll see if I can find it on my old harddrive to show you what happened

Spend some money on your car and get some lessons. Myself and Leo were on track on Thursday night with a couple of 911 996 turbos and they weren't very happy with me harrassing them through the corners :lol: The only place they could get a decent run away was up the main straight at Knockhill and it wasn't by muh :#1: If I had my nitrous running (left the bottle open and it leaked out :thumbdown: ) it would have been a whole new story.

I can't wait for the lightening of the car (carbon boot and doors) and then I reckon that on a track like Knockhill I will be able to harrass most cars.

are you getting the Seibon carbon parts?

are you getting the Seibon carbon parts?

Already have em ;) Just sitting in my garage

oooo...how's the quality? is it a 'simple' remove the gubbins from the OEM door and straight fit to the Carbon door? any ideas the weight you'll save?

Not got a clue yet matey but I wouldn't recommend them for a day to day car as you may struggle to maintain the oem internals and windows etc probably.

I'm saving for a wing I want before attempting to change it all over and put lexan windows etc on her