Beaten by a SEAT Leon!

taffyjason

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ahhh cheers for that info, i guess the only realistic weight saving for day-to-day car is the seats then? although i would think the tailgate would be a much simpler swap?

Yeah the boot is simple and saves alot but then you are removing most of the weight from over the back of the car so you may find you have a tail happy car which is the reason i'm not doing it until I can afford the adjustable wing I want :)

This thread makes me sad, how most of the guys on here think the Zed isn't a quick car. Yes some of the super dooper hot hatches of recent years are quicker/just as quick but my god i think any car with sub 6 seconds to 60 is quick!

Give the Zed the respect it deserves :thumbs:

ahhh cheers for that info, i guess the only realistic weight saving for day-to-day car is the seats then? although i would think the tailgate would be a much simpler swap?

Yeah the boot is simple and saves alot but then you are removing most of the weight from over the back of the car so you may find you have a tail happy car which is the reason i'm not doing it until I can afford the adjustable wing I want :)

I'll start with the seats then!

What wing are you after?

I'll start with the seats then!

What wing are you after?

2676087939_6f9f338355_o.jpg

or

APR GTC-300

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/465703/2003-nissan-350z#4657030018

The day my brother bought his car he got hassled by an Ibiza, as we reached the dual carriageway we were laughing about how the Ibiza was going to get blown away ........ it came flying past him as he went in 4th and carried on up the road. The lad was gutted. :D

My brothers car?? A 380hp Evo8 ......... :lol:

aye right, I don't believe that for a minute ... Unless the ibiza had 4wd and +350bhp either that your brother didnt know how to drive the evo. My mates ibiza cupra r has 250ish and still cant get near the zed on track so for a 380hp evo to get spanked theres something seriously wrong :bangin: .

OK mate, whatevs .......... Ill just leave this here. ;)

IIRC Ibizas dont have 500hp or 4WD but it seems to have caned that R34 .......... :teeth:

The day my brother bought his car he got hassled by an Ibiza, as we reached the dual carriageway we were laughing about how the Ibiza was going to get blown away ........ it came flying past him as he went in 4th and carried on up the road. The lad was gutted. :D

aye right, I don't believe that for a minute ... Unless the ibiza had 4wd and +350bhp either that your brother didnt know how to drive the evo. My mates ibiza cupra r has 250ish and still cant get near the zed on track so for a 380hp evo to get spanked theres something seriously wrong :bangin: .

IIRC Ibizas dont have 500hp or 4WD but it seems to have caned that R34 .......... :teeth:

That Ibiza does have 500hp though and I doubt theres many driving round the uk roads with that. Theres more videos of it and others similar still spinning the wheels in 4th on youtube.

A standard r34 gtr has around 280bhp from factory :shrug: An evo 340MR would easily leave a standard r34 gtr let alone an evo with 380 horses.

My point was that a standard ibiza cupra would never beat a 380 horse evo.

That Ibiza does have 500hp though and I doubt theres many driving round the uk roads with that. Theres more videos of it and others similar still spinning the wheels in 4th on youtube.

A standard r34 gtr has around 280bhp from factory :shrug: An evo 340MR would easily leave a standard r34 gtr let alone an evo with 380 horses.

My point was that a standard ibiza cupra would never beat a 380 horse evo.

Its not a GTR ;)

Yup, it will be RWD

Cool which means that as the skyline will still be spinning up its wheels also with that power its not an accurate video of a 4wd 380hp evo compared to a normal seat ibiza cupra of any power variety. :stir::lol:

Indeed ;)

I used to own a MK4 Cupra before the Z, not a hope in hell that it beats an Evo (Although I'm sure Docwra will have driven multiple tuned versions of both cars to give his opinion :p)

I've showed this thread to Mr Squee, a Leon FR driver. He now feels much better and much less emasculated having a girlfriend who owns two zeds!

Thanks OP!

S.

Has he got a Petrol or Diesel FR?

I have a Zed and a Leon FR so I am both emasculated and exfoliated all at the same time :thumbs: