Value of a Supercharged 350z?

wizard

As I keep re-living my skyline GTR dream over and over, I'm pondering whether or not to sell the zed.

Brief spec of the car...

Engine:

- 2003 Black J-Spec ('52 plate), 6spd manual, GT Spec equivalent. Zmanalex provided engine (only around 30K miles on it). Around 70-80k on chassis, including import KM.

- 2006 gearbox with 15k miles on it (previous gearbox had 3rd gear synchro issue).

- Vortech v3 supercharger (upgraded Si impeller)

- CJM Stage 0 Fuel Return system

- Walbro 255 Fuel Pump

- DW 600cc injectors

- Motordyne Plenum Spacer 5/16"

- HKS Grade 8 plugs

Exhaust:

- Inchiba Y-pipe

- Berk Decats (Stock cats included too).

- 5zigen A-Spec Exhaust

Drivetrain:

- JWT Clutch and Flywheel

- 2006 Gearbox

Brakes (stock brembos):

- DBA 4000 Discs

- Ferodo DS2500 Pads (front)

- Brembo rear pads

- Motul RBF600 brake fluid

- HEL Braided brake lines

Electronics:

- RSW Pillar Pod with AEM AF/R and Boost gauges.

- Uprev Licence for stock ECU.

- DVD player and flush mounted screen

- Becker Satnav

Bodywork and Msc:

- Shine Auto front bumper (v2 replica), canards and rear spats.

- Tyres: Bridgestone Potenza (fronts), New Federal 595 RS-Rs (rears). Standard Rays.

Mapped by Mark @ Abbey with Uprev. Running around 444hub bhp / 380lb/ft.

Oil & filter changes every 2 - 3K miles.

Many many other nice bits on there. Don't believe in breaking cars so car will go as is.

How much you guys reckon car should be listed for (if I decide to sell)?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How long is a piece of string?? :headhurt:

I think you'd struggle to sell this outside of the forums, as the level of mods would put off most buyers. I would think that the most likely buyer would be a member who wants to do all the work you've done, but without the time and money you've put into it.........which is a very small market to be aiming at.

Yeah you may be right about the market for this.

After owning and driving this, I could never go back to an N/A zed. It's on a completely different level.

Surely this is not a how long is a piece of string question? Everything has a price! :lol:

Not as much as you think or hope ;)

You won't regret the change though :teeth:

I wouldn't be so sure you know. Driven a few skylines and thought the outright power might be more, the response on this zed is amazing!!!!!!

well, id start on the value of the base car, which unfortunately isnt that much, but you knew that anyways... unfortunately the value of a lot of those parts secondhand isnt that much really... so i'd say £5000 for the car, plus a another £2000 for the mods, about £7000 maybe £8000 tops

as Sarnie says the most likely buyer will be someone who wants a 'charged zed without the expense of building it themselves, but similarly any potential buyer would have to trust that the work that had been done was of a high quality and will be reliable. do you have all the history accompanying the build and the service schedule it will have had following the conversion?

Probably about a grand more than a standard one, unless you get the right buyer. I'd pay about £8K for the car as it is, maybe £8500.

having recently purchased a zed I'd be very surprised to see it sell for this much I'm afraid- most Pre 06 zeds were going for max 7-8k with low mileage

well, id start on the value of the base car, which unfortunately isnt that much, but you knew that anyways... unfortunately the value of a lot of those parts secondhand isnt that much really... so i'd say £5000 for the car, plus a another £2000 for the mods, about £7000 maybe £8000 tops

£2k for the mods?! Probably value of the exhaust setup alone! LOL

I presume you drive a stock 350z?

It doesn't matter how much you spend it doesn't add this value onto the car. A tt zed sold on here not long so for not much more than an n/a standard car.

Max I would be paying is about 8.5k unfortunately. This is the reason most people strip back to stock and part out.

£2k for the mods?! Probably value of the exhaust setup alone! LOL

I presume you drive a stock 350z?

Cost and value are two completely different things.

It doesn't matter how much you spend it doesn't add this value onto the car. A tt zed sold on here not long so for not much more than an n/a standard car.

Max I would be paying is about 8.5k unfortunately. This is the reason most people strip back to stock and part out.

I have to agree with the big man on this. I would say you MAY be able to stretch it to 9k but that will prob take a bit of waiting on the correct buyer.

Probably about a grand more than a standard one, unless you get the right buyer. I'd pay about £8K for the car as it is, maybe £8500.

I really hope that was a joke! LOL :lol::ban:

Why would it be a joke? It's a 10 year old imported car with 80k on the clock at the basic level, you're only ever going to add a couple more grand on it with the mods you've got on. How much were you thinking then out of interest?

Why is it that when people ask for a valuation and they get it, that they are more than often offended or disappointed with the answers they get. :shrug:

You will be very lucky indeed if you get a residual of 8K.

Alex :)

Why is it that when people ask for a valuation and they get it, that they are more than often offended or disappointed with the answers they get. :shrug:

Usually because they have a stack of receipts indicating a lot more than £8k :lol:

I'd be discarding my 'I don't believe in breaking cars' mantra with immediate effect :D

Seems to be a trend lately along with spending thousands modding your car and then expecting any kind of return...

The sum of the parts is always greater than the whole :thumbs:

oi Alex.

Sell me your zed for £8k please! :)

In all honesty guys, I was only mucking about.

I know you guys are right. Modifications add very little value to a car (if any).

What is interesting though is that if I were presented a s/c zed for the same money as a newer N/A zed, I know which one I would be picking! ;)