Value of a Supercharged 350z?

wizard

In all honesty guys, I was only mucking about.

I know you guys are right. Modifications add very little value to a car (if any).

What is interesting though is that if I were presented a s/c zed for the same money as a newer N/A zed, I know which one I would be picking! ;)

The newer one everyday :#1:

But then everyone is different and want different things from their car, the fact that there are very few S/C Zeds goes to show it is a bit of a niche market...

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is it that when people ask for a valuation and they get it, that they are more than often offended or disappointed with the answers they get. :shrug:

You will be very lucky indeed if you get a residual of 8K.

Alex :)

It's human nature that's why? :shrug:

I used to see disappointed faces every day when I worked in a dealership as a student where customers would be given a 'book value' for their trade in cars. I know it all too well. :bounce:

£8k is not worth selling up for? Think I may have to keep hold of this one! :yahoo:

Not as much as you think or hope ;)

You won't regret the change though :teeth:

I wouldn't be so sure you know. Driven a few skylines and thought the outright power might be more, the response on this zed is amazing!!!!!!

Then why change?

My 34 is a lot quicker than my supercharged Z was (Que your LOL HKS was slow :yawn::p)

Its an early JDM with 80K+ miles, its worth maybe 6K at best in N/A form. I'd say around 7.5-8K max for it with the supercharger fitted. Also your front bumper needs a respray badly :p

You will make a @*!# load more money by breaking it, trust me. Been there, done it, bought the Skyline ;)

I wouldn't be so sure you know. Driven a few skylines and thought the outright power might be more, the response on this zed is amazing!!!!!!

Then why change?

My 34 is a lot quicker than my supercharged Z was (Que your LOL HKS was slow :yawn::p)

Its an early JDM with 80K+ miles, its worth maybe 6K at best in N/A form. I'd say around 7.5-8K max for it with the supercharger fitted. Also your front bumper needs a respray badly :p

You will make a @*!# load more money by breaking it, trust me. Been there, done it, bought the Skyline ;)

Do you do a lot of track session Ian?

Ray you are bored and just want a change because we are all playing about with ours.

You know it makes sense to keep it.

Unless you did what l have done and kept all the bits from stock to put back on then you have no choice.

Its a buyers market and they call the shots.

Try advertising on Outlaw modified or test the water on Ebay.

But you only have a few months of saleable timeslot as the price will plummet come winter.

You should have marketed it at easter when people get a spring in there stride lol.

I dare not even ask what anyone would pay for mine as I know what the answer would be.

:blackeye:

I'm no expert on values but while I went up and down the country looking for my Zed, I test drove a Stilllen supercharged 2004 UK model in Black, GT spec, with satnav etc etc. It had 58,000 on the clock and I could have drove it home from the albert Embankment in London for 5,500 and that was a couple of months ago.

No

Ta.

Does it make my opinion less valid?

Not at all boss, I'm just trying to understand why people spend all that money on a road car. It seems like an awful lot of money just to feel good about the performance of your car that will be rarely used to its full potential IMHO.

Your opinion is very valid Ian.

I dont track mine and when asked why have you put the GTM on the car my answer is. because I can:)

I have a neighbor that keeps having digs about me polishing the car every chance l get.

Most know that I am detailing the car, but why the heck I should justify myself to a neighbor or anyone

is beyond me:)

Enjoy life whilst you can and the time for sleep is when you are dead:)

Come on England. 3-2 France:)

:bangin:

Then why change?

Breaking a car though I just think is utterly pointless man!! Why go to all that headache... and trust me, it really was a headache! LOL

Is your R34 really quicker then my zed? hmm... :p

Bayside blue R34 GTR would be my dream.... :cloud9: but it'd have to be 600bhp+ to even consider!

Why buy a Z? it will rarely be used to its full potential. We might aswell all buy Daewoo Matiz ;)

The reason I do it is as a hobby. I don't smoke & rarely drink, so I've got a fair bit of disposable income. I'm still relativity young & may never get the opportunity to enjoy fast cars once I finally grow up and settle down.

Driving fast isn't the be all and end all of owning a fast car, its more about the whole package rather than outright speed.

Then why change?

Breaking a car though I just think is utterly pointless man!! Why go to all that headache... and trust me, it really was a headache! LOL

Is your R34 really quicker then my zed? hmm... :p

Bayside blue R34 GTR would be my dream.... :cloud9: but it'd have to be 600bhp+ to even consider!

Trust me, its quicker ;)

Ian when you get to be an old git like me you still want the toys.

Women want shoes we want toys.

There is no age limit on speed unless you are a fighter pilot.

Don't get caught in the trap of having to justify yourself mate.

You will bang your head against the wall.

I blame Wizard for strting this post and winding you all up

He is sitting at home laughing his rocks off!!!

:stir:

The other thing on this R34 GTR vs FI 350z debate. You'll be easily paying 3x what the 350z is worth for a decent spec R34... but is it really 3x the car?

My mate would sell me his modified 996 turbo, running over 600bhp for a similar price to the R34 GTR, so would it make sense to go for the R34 over that? Being sensible? - or is it the case that you buy the skyline with your heart, rather then your head?

I have a stock car, and after driving it a while, i'm actually under the impression that i'd love a charged zed - for the weight of the car, it needs around 400bhp i'd say, not the 280 it has from factory.

and you can use any car to its full potential on the road IMO, if you're cruising on a motorway in 6th and you floor it, you're using your cars full 270lbft of torque, which is why you accelerate somewhat faster than the cars around you!

The other thing on this R34 GTR vs FI 350z debate. You'll be easily paying 3x what the 350z is worth for a decent spec R34... but is it really 3x the car?

My mate would sell me his modified 996 turbo, running over 600bhp for a similar price to the R34 GTR, so would it make sense to go for the R34 over that? Being sensible? - or is it the case that you buy the skyline with your heart, rather then your head?

You definitely buy a Skyline with the heart & not the head. If I'd been sensible I would have bought the Maserati - It would have been cheaper to run :headhurt: