Can't wait!

Hi,

Forum newbie here! Just thought I'd introduce myself and my near-start to 350z ownership.

A couple weeks ago I sold my beloved Peugeot 205 Mi16. I'm now in the market for a 350z, and after reading many reviews and buying guides on here and other sites I cant bloody wait!!

I went to view a couple last weekend - one turned out to be an import, but the other was in excellent condition; low miles, the exact spec that I wanted and within budget. So I put down a deposit and begrudgingly had to wait a few days while it had a couple of small problems fixed and new tyres fitted. This morning though, I had a text from the seller with some bad news. One of the mechanics at the garage had crashed my car-to-be. Apparently a 17 year old apprentice was hooning about in it and drove into the back of a transit! So that sends me back to the classifieds to find another...

Not a great start to 'Z' ownership but I already have 3 to go and see tomorrow. Better luck this time, I hope.

Pete

This morning though, I had a text from the seller with some bad news. One of the mechanics at the garage had crashed my car-to-be. Apparently a 17 year old apprentice was hooning about in it and drove into the back of a transit! So that sends me back to the classifieds to find another...

That's a garage to be avoided....

Welcome to the forum BTW. :wave:

Pete

Hi,

Forum newbie here! Just thought I'd introduce myself and my near-start to 350z ownership.

Not a great start to 'Z' ownership but I already have 3 to go and see tomorrow. Better luck this time, I hope.

Pete

Hi Pete, good luck with your search. I think I may be one of the ones you are viewing is mine tomorrow :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

My advice is check to see if the car has been looked after. Imports/or UK does not matter but you get a lower price with JDMs. There are plenty of guides on here ..................And :welcome:

Thanks everyone :)

Went to see a couple of cars today, including MFM's ^^ - an immaculate car, very good condition inside and out, and obviously been well looked after, but I just dont think an JDM import is what i want. The other one had a bit of a shabby interior with scuffs all over the seats. Also both headlights and a tail light had a lot of condensation in. Is this a common thing? Fixable? I doubt new units are cheap! The headlights didnt have much in, but there was alot in the o/s tail light, however none in the n/s tail light which seemed strange to me..?

For the moment i think im going to wait and keep an eye out for the right one.

Welcome to the forum. And thank goodness said apprentice crashed it on the current owners time/hassle, not yours. Hope the next one is just the ticket, just keep it away from apprentices. ;)

The other one had a bit of a shabby interior with scuffs all over the seats. Also both headlights and a tail light had a lot of condensation in. Is this a common thing? Fixable? I doubt new units are cheap! The headlights didnt have much in, but there was alot in the o/s tail light, however none in the n/s tail light which seemed strange to me..?

For the moment i think im going to wait and keep an eye out for the right one.

Sounds like one to walk away from, good a escape.

You do hear of the occasional one with condensation on the headlights, less frequently the taillights. Would make you wonder where it's been, given it's getting a bit warmer over there now. Are you definitely sure it's on the inside?? 350's can suffer from oxidation of the headlights, making them look very hazy.

Thanks everyone :)

Went to see a couple of cars today, including MFM's ^^ - an immaculate car, very good condition inside and out, and obviously been well looked after, but I just dont think an JDM import is what i want. .

Hello Pete, thanks and good of you to put the nice comments on my car :thumbs: Just try to remember next time on a test drive the indicator stalk is on the right B)

Good luck in your search and I hope my comments about what to look out for will help in your search and then :drive1

M