Journey to the Dark side.

Kev T

My journey to the dark side has begun !

Mark from Abbey picked up my 370 yesterday evening to start the supercharger build thats been in the planning for the last couple of months, to my knowledge this is the first of its kind in the uk and Mark promised to photograph the project progress for those that are interested.

The project will be, GTM stage 1 supercharger, CJ 370z fuel return system and larger 725 cc injectors and oil cooler system Attached Image: 67.jpg i am also fitting a Greddy deep oil pan at a later date to help cooling .

One of the problems with the GTM Stg 1 is relocating the windscreen washer bottle as this is where the air filters will sit so this will all have to be modified.Attached Image: 56.jpg

possibly with a smaller bottle.

Having spoken to Mark about the conversion we are expecting in excess of 500 bhp with new uprev map settings !

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will you be taking out the blanking plates in the bumper that I gather were earmarked for brake cooling ducts but seemingly would give enhanced air flow to the rads/filters?

As regards the washer bottle, would the nearside be enough if the headlamp washer function were disabled (except for when it was MOT time ;) ) But is going to need adapting for filling :shrug:

Hi colin, i have already taken blanking plates out but tbh air flow in that area is minimal ( though at some point in the future i may use them to duct air to brakes ) but i do intend to cut out part of the arch liner and fit a louvre panel to aid air flow through the oil cooler and out of engine bay as for the wash bottle i think GTM provide a smaller bottle, it is just a case of finding the space to relocate.

The build should be finished and on dyno today, here are some pics that Mark ( Abbey ) took to keep us informed along the way

.Attached Image: DSCF4134.JPGAttached Image: DSCF4135.JPGAttached Image: DSCF4136.JPGAttached Image: DSCF4137.JPG