Journey to the Dark side.

Kev T

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Take a lool at mine kev. 442bhp so you would have thought that with yours being a tad more powerful from stock you would be around the 450bhp?

But then what do l know.

I am a novice:)

Thenoname

B)

Yes i agree and thats why we are going to enlarge the intakes to increase boost which should release more rhp.

After the final bit of fettling in a few weeks time there will be no more power mods for me, going to concentrate on handling, braking and cooling now for track days in the autumn.

I put a slam plate on. and the temp never rises above normal.

I like the idea of the larger oil pan and bought one myself.

Only the usual happened and i never checked.

It was for the previous model:(

Once i have the bigger rotas on the front and the water bottle issue sorted

I have 2 more little things to do.

One Taras at RT is manufacturing a carbon rear spoiler for me and should be able to have a fitment soon.

I have the rear carbon defuser on order, and no doubt a smaller pulley and remap for the supercharger.

But my main hobby is detailing, and I have just spent out on a new DA polisher.

I put a picture up on the leather cleaning page yesterday of a old XK8 that was detailed using Maguires only products.

The guy that did it has never done one b4.

I have been playing around for a while now so I am waiting for 2 days sun then I shall wash it and mask everything up

and away l go.

Unfortunately being silver I have to really work on it to get the wet look.

My previous one was a gun metal so that would have looked great.

Quite looking forward to it:)

Peter

From reading the USA forum the 370 engines can run hot, so to enhance the oil cooler performance i have fitted louvre grills in the under wing splash guards to allow more air flow through the engine bay.

• 1 month later...

Hi Wizard, there are blanking plates either side of the front fangs which i have cut away as well, but my idea was to to prevent heat build up in the engine compartment by allowing it to flow through the arches into wheel well. I am having a Greddy deep sump fitted soon to help heat sink as well.

I was a little disappointed by figures but the intakes are too restrictive and are going to be modified by Abbey in a couple of weeks then more tuning where hopefully Mark can squeeze out some more ponies.

Hi Wizard, there are blanking plates either side of the front fangs which i have cut away as well, but my idea was to to prevent heat build up in the engine compartment by allowing it to flow through the arches into wheel well. I am having a Greddy deep sump fitted soon to help heat sink as well.

I was a little disappointed by figures but the intakes are too restrictive and are going to be modified by Abbey in a couple of weeks then more tuning where hopefully Mark can squeeze out some more ponies.

I would have thought the GTM with the VQ37 would have definitely made more power.

Are you running the smallest size pulley for your blower?

I cant see the attachments:(

Me either!

Not even if you place your cursor cover the attachment so it becomes a magnifying glass and then left click to open the pic?

I gather it stems from the server transfer that has not 'lifted' all the thumbnails correctly - one of the gremlins Admin are hoping to sort :thumbs:

• 4 weeks later...

Ok here we go again with S/c for the last time, ( at least for this mod ;) ) The car went back to Abbey for a few days to have a greddy deep sump fitted which i must say keeps the oil temp. very stable when used with oil cooler, and to have the GT spec braces fitted ( see related post ) while it was there they fitted slightly bigger intake tubes post-5990-135011927117_thumb.jpg post-5990-13501192713_thumb.jpg to slow down air flow on boost giving me another 20 RWHP.

As you can see from Dyno plot she is now producing 431.5 Rwhp which is about as much as i am going to get from the Stg 1 GTM Supercharger, but to be fair it is more than enough, the car is very fast, picks up instantly in any gear and now after uprev tweaking feels smooth, i am a happy bunny. :teeth:

post-5990-135011927103_thumb.jpg

B)

Good to see a 370 this side of the pond turning making some decent power :thumbs:

You may have said somewhere so forgive me for asking if that is the case, but what tyres are you using to handle that output?

Yep still original oem tyres, but having done several CAT driving / drifting days i don't find them ok and have learnt to catch the back end break dance as it happens and to have a sensible right foot for different weather conditions.