Journey to the Dark side.

Kev T

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The air filters for GTM S/c are located behind the wing splashshield so fairly well protected from road junk and the car will have to be half submerged for water ingress but probably a good idea to stay away from really deep puddles.

TB absolutely honest the Z is not my daily driver so doesn't usually go out in the rain, so not really all that concerned about deep puddles, there are no reports of probs from over the pond about the air filter setup as far as i know.

Really can't wait to get her back and go for a blast it is going to be mental, god help the first Porker i come across ! :#1:

Unless you decide to go through a ford, I'm sure you'll be find daily driving. Afterall if you do come across a big puddle, just tell the satnav to get you around it ;)

Look forward to some vids Kev, might do this to mine once its paid for (some time next year) :drive1

One of the problems with the GTM Stg 1 is relocating the windscreen washer bottle as this is where the air filters will sit so this will all have to be modified.Attached Image: 56.jpg

possibly with a smaller bottle.

Good idea about the washer bottle.

My one has developed a leak so it is going in the bin and no doubt what ever Abbey do to yours they will do the same to mine.

The other one should be big enough surely?

Thenoname

:lol:

Unless you decide to go through a ford, I'm sure you'll be find daily driving. Afterall if you do come across a big puddle, just tell the satnav to get you around it ;)

Look forward to some vids Kev, might do this to mine once its paid for (some time next year) :drive1

Why wait. just do it:)

Why wait. just do it:)

Because I've just paid for a wedding (quite literally) and I need to pay the car off. Then I can play with it some more ;)

Ok the story continues ................. abbey had my car for around a fortnight and have done a great job of converting a good car into a great one, it now pulls in any gear like a steam train just oodles of torque !

During the build we decided to paint the intercooler black to maintain the stealth look which you can see from photo works well as my aim is to keep everything looking original as far as possible, except under the skin.

The Dyno figures were down on what was expected and Mark thinks the air intake pipes are slightly restrictive, allowing the flow over MAF sensors to be too fast and so is going to fabricate a larger diameter pipe intake to allow higher boost ( as can be seen from dyno figs the boost flattens at 0.5 bar ) for more power and better AFR along with a deep pan sump for extra cooling. Ultimately i think we will probably gain another 20/30 rwhp.

The extra mechanical noise/whistle from the S/C takes a little getting used to but the instant grunt is very addictive, i have to keep telling myself to ease off the throttle cos KayTee really is a blowhard now !