What body type (women) do you prefer?

twobears

I am a member of a predominantly female forum as well as this one and a question that greatly exercises the minds of most members is that of female body shape. As this forum is composed mainly of males I thought it would be the ideal opportunity to ask the question - what type of body do you prefer a woman to have? There are no right or wrong answers and if anyone wants to single out particular female attributes as 'must-haves' that is fine. I will be reporting back my findings to the ladies in due course if enough men reply to this thread :D

To start you off, most women think that skinny to the point of emaciated is the best body shape but I am not totally convinced. Having been this shape myself in the past and ended up looking rather cadaverous, I no longer aim for the scrawny look but most women do 'watch their figures', 'count calories' etc and it would be good to know if their efforts are appreciated by men or not.

I don't really like very thin at all. Christina Hendricks body shape is fine by me B) That also gives away my preferred shape distribution.

I don't have an issue with my wife seeing this, as she is, of course, perfect B)

Sorry, I forgot to add that, if your other half is also a member of this forum (or reads your replies over your shoulder) you MUST NOT REPLY :lol: Unless, like ChrisS and NeilMH, you are a very diplomatic sort of chap :teeth:

Perfect 10 as a rough guide.

You can be a size 6 or 4, but only if you are near 5ft tall. Then up to size 12 for nearer 6ft.

That's what I like. But I am only 5'6" so the tall ones happen but only very rarely!

But with curves. Not skinny. Need someone to hold, but not someone who is overweight.

With a great bum comes great legs, so breasts are just an added bonus.

But this is just body shape. I can be set off by someone's smile, eyes, personality etc.

This will be an interesting thread!

Personally I like curvy :) I like visible 'hips' that sway when she walks and boobs that bounce a bit (or even a lot) - am I sounding pervy?

For me, too thin looks unhealthy and I don't go for all the celebrity size 0 stuff, I think the celebrity/fashion industry is a disgrace...but I won't get on the soap box! - put it this way, would you be attracted to a bloke who sported the physique of a mal-nourished 12 year old boy? I bet not!

On the other hand, fat or obese aint attractive either! The odd spare pound here and there - wouldn't put me off a woman if I found her face and personality attractive.

I think 'lean' is probably a better aspiration than 'skinny' - sounds healthier - deep down, for an animal perspective, I think we are subconsciously attracted to people we think look healthy - so like you say, watching your figure is probably the way ahead - but no obessing over it to the extreme.

My missus did a degree study on this sort of thing - couples were rated by random strangers - nearly all were rated as roughly equal in perceived attractiveness and were generally of similar fatness/thiness and even facially similar - weird eh? I guess it means we are all somewhere in a 'pecking order'.

Be intersting to hear what women like physically in a bloke! Please don't say David Beckham....

To be honest, I shouldn't really have a type. Been single for two years, previous relationship lasted 11 months and before that I was single for 5 years. Relationship before was 5 months.

In the last 13 years I've had two relationships lol!

I really should learn, but my gorgeous Zed shall keep me happy! She's the perfect woman! Lol.

"Be interesting to hear what women like physically in a bloke! Please don't say David Beckham...."

What's wrong with David Beckham, apart from his horrible voice and the fact that he seems rather sweet but not overbright? :D

Interesting that your partner's study found that couples were roughly the same body size. It does look funny when you see a very large woman with a tiny, skinny man though!

i would say kim kardashian has a god body size, women I've dated seem to have this thing about there bums, its one of the first things i look at on a woman, bums and legs. there is nothing worse imo than a skinny woman with no bum.

Tulisa is another, most blokes dream women are shapely i would say.

"Also I'm offended by this thread as I like men and there was no room in the title for that!! "

Sorry if I've offended you. Not my intention but this thread is about female rather than male body shape so the question was designed to elicit responses about women. I am sure that there is plenty of scope for a thread about male body shape too :)

Before Answering this question can i ask why they call you twobears?? I need to be sure i answer the right way. :scare:

Some call them puppies, but when gifted by the lord above they're called bears :#1:

What's wrong with David Beckham, apart from his horrible voice and the fact that he seems rather sweet but not overbright? :D

Nowt wrong with him, but if that's the shape women like - I'm sh!t out of luck! :lol:

I definitely don't have a hairy chest like a bear :lol:

thank christ for that :lol: .........but I don't think he was referring to hair :scare:

Kylie all the way for me :yahoo::thumbs: (probably 'cos I'm only 5' 4" :surrender: )

Could say warm with a pulse, because my other half does not read this :lol: . Seriously though the fashion industry has a lot to answer for with these anorexic models they use, they set a bad example to the young ladies. I quite like the curvy ones with a bit of meat on them, Nigella Lawson fits the bill. I found as I aged I got more attracted to this shape must be a getting old thing, lastly a good sense of humour can make overweight ladies look slimmer, if you see what I mean, or a beer or two, yes the latter was a bad male joke.

There you are two bears I guess you could get a vote on this to see the percentages?

I think the only people that propogate 'size zero' are women themselves. I've never heard a single man say 'ooh I love my bird to be a bag on bones'. Simarly, men's magazines don't show us skinny 6 stone women, they are all 'voluptuous' to say the least as thats what the male market says we want. Conversely, womens magazines are full of skinny women, it's almost as if they don't want to alienate their readers with women who have figures that are unachievable, and would rather promote 'skinny' as something all women can achieve via the latest fad diet etc etc.

"but I don't think he was referring to hair :scare: "

Well, neither do I but I'm not getting into a discussion about my own vital stats :blush:

Can you conduct polls on this forum? I'm not familiar with how it works yet but I can't see a button for it.