nearly binned it

Dave172

I would like to see you call me a knob to my face big man..................................

I would but I didn't bring a ladder !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol:

Sorry mate I had to !!!!! :blush:

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we draw a line now please, thanks.

No worries :thumbs: I've said all i have to say to this guy.

While I posted to the op in my first post all I was thinking about was Ian, the member we tragically lost. Maybe if he was on here when that happened his perspective to what I was saying may have changed

Perhaps try re writing your original post in a legible language may be a good place to start......I'm still struggling to understand what the hell your on about.

Also I'm no expert but I don't know many 'right hander's aside from on a track that you can safely take at 60 whilst tailing a landie.

Just a thought.....you weren't over laden with car parts that you were running for Dom Torretto were you?

a wasn't braking round the bend the car done it by its sell and saved my ass am getting falcons for the front as soon as i can

I'd get some 50's for the rear if I were you. 5mm on the front is enough for now.

You'll get a better response if you type something people can understand, too :thumbs:

I would like to see you call me a knob to my face big man..................................

really? I always thought Neil looked like this

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTLKDKXVK1alPXhAU3VOF1MZDuqzzg6EVNHVBf-cxi7AvQI3aLO8wq_bhYk

I learned (the hard way) how the ESP worked fairly soon after getting my Zed - nearly binned it too because I decided to put the hammer down in 2nd gear off a roundabout in the middle of december on a cold road with cold tyres. Pretty stupid. And I had a passenger. Reckless. In short - I was over excited about the speed and power of my beloved new Zed and was showing off and basically driving like a tw@t and was lucky to get away with it.

I was quite glad it happened though as it taught me a lesson, fortunately without any damange to the car, me or anyone else. Anyway I'm not preaching here, but just in case you had a heavy right foot and the car has slapped you for it - well you're not the only one, and I'm sure there are others out there. Just turn it into a positive experience and learn from it.

My advice is -

1. Make sure your tyres are in order, same types, correct pressures.

2. If you believe that the issue was down to the ESP and not your driving, then get it checked out ASAP.

3. If it could have been down to your driving, then take it as a lesson like I did - take it easy until you get used to the car.

4. Calm down - if you think somebody has disrespected you then maybe just get some clarification before you wade in with an insult - things can get lost in translation. 99% of the posters on here are good folks with a common love of the Zed, and are happy to help each other out.

My advice is -

2. If you believe that the issue was down to the ESP and not your driving, then get it checked out ASAP.

3. If it could have been down to your driving, then take it as a lesson like I did - take it easy until you get used to the car.

4. Calm down - if you think somebody has disrespected you then maybe just get some clarification before you wade in with an insult - things can get lost in translation. 99% of the posters on here are good folks with a common love of the Zed, and are happy to help each other out.

:thumbs: Good advice, No one is perfect, so learn from your mistakes.

Just for clarification:

TCS - cuts power when it detects wheel spin. This can be thrown out by incorrect tyre sizes fooling the TCS in thinking the rear wheels are spinning faster than the front even when they arent. You can disable this by pressing the TCS button.

ESP - brakes the wheels independantly when the yaw sensor and various others tell the car it is in a slide. You cant turn this off with a button, but you can disable it if you read about.

If edging towards the limit, you should get understeer first, then oversteer if you keep pushing. If you go straight into oversteer (on OEM geometry) then you've been a bit quick with you're right foot ;)

Well said :thumbs:

I learned (the hard way) how the ESP worked fairly soon after getting my Zed - nearly binned it too because I decided to put the hammer down in 2nd gear off a roundabout in the middle of december on a cold road with cold tyres. Pretty stupid. And I had a passenger. Reckless. In short - I was over excited about the speed and power of my beloved new Zed and was showing off and basically driving like a tw@t and was lucky to get away with it.

I was quite glad it happened though as it taught me a lesson, fortunately without any damange to the car, me or anyone else. Anyway I'm not preaching here, but just in case you had a heavy right foot and the car has slapped you for it - well you're not the only one, and I'm sure there are others out there. Just turn it into a positive experience and learn from it.

My advice is -

really? I always thought Neil looked like this

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTLKDKXVK1alPXhAU3VOF1MZDuqzzg6EVNHVBf-cxi7AvQI3aLO8wq_bhYk

That's the chap ..... he will defo need a ladder :lol:

A hve never ad problims in the 30+k miles I av dun in my zed ha

If yuv ad problims in ur last car and now in the zed to maybe you shood get sum lessons ha

What have we told you about sniffing your petrol fumes Dave :p:lol:

It appears that are witnessing the unfortunate outcome of the car's depreciation and the resultant influx of a new kind of owner here.

Plus effing 1!

With Zeds for under £6K it was always going to happen.

I just hope not too many are ruined by skimping on maintenance and being chavicised :fishslap:

Your grammar and punctuation is appauling.

So is your spelling. Beware the irony trap ;)

I think people are being a bit harsh on the bloke TBH. He has asked a perfectly reasonable question (why did my car start braking for me), if I didnt know about the VDC then Id be surprised too. The fact it kicked in doesnt necessarily mean he was driving too fast - if he was following a Landy its pretty clear he wasnt, maybe he hit wet leaves, patch of diesel, whatever - I know mine has been known to come in without me driving like a tool.

As it happens Ive actually got my ABS, VDC and TCS all turned off at the moment and probably will leave it like that until the missus drives the car again, I found it infinitely safer, more predictable and more controlable at Bedford Autodrome like this the other day. Am I driving god? I dont think so.

The mixed tyre explanation from some shows how people will repeat a response, parrot style without even thinking about it as well, its not mixed tyres causing this issue. Unless mixing your tyres suddenly gives you less grip than a Land Rover, and I dont think it does.

Finally, as for this comment:

It appears that are witnessing the unfortunate outcome of the car's depreciation and the resultant influx of a new kind of owner here.

You drive a sub 10K Nissan thats probably your pride and joy, how does that give you the right to look down on others like you are in line for the throne or something? :angry: Are the "old kind" of owners rich aristocracy who never exceed a speed limit and all have Le Mans titles under their belts? I dont think so, so stop acting like you are better than this guy. :thumbdown:

The guy has asked a genuine question, OK, maybe it could have been worded better but Im actually a bit ashamed to have anything to do with this place after some of the answers.