nearly binned it

Dave172

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It appears that are witnessing the unfortunate outcome of the car's depreciation and the resultant influx of a new kind of owner here.

You drive a sub 10K Nissan thats probably your pride and joy, how does that give you the right to look down on others like you are in line for the throne or something? :angry: Are the "old kind" of owners rich aristocracy who never exceed a speed limit and all have Le Mans titles under their belts? I dont think so, so stop acting like you are better than this guy. :thumbdown:

The guy has asked a genuine question, OK, maybe it could have been worded better but Im actually a bit ashamed to have anything to do with this place after some of the answers.

I was not being pretentious/out of order/whatever when I made my post. I just presume that if you want people to answer a question in an online community, then basic courtesy like punctuation marks and capital letters every now and then actually enables the audience to read the question in the first instance. In addition, there is the subsequent layer of asking questions to which there can be no sensible answer along the lines of "I was going round a corner where I previously had handling issues on a previous car I owned. I decided to go round the corner just as quickly as before, accelerating as I went and found that the car slid because I was not in control and not driving according to the conditions. The car then saved my day through the automatic TCS/ESP systems and I avoided a major accident. Is there something wrong with my car?"

on my normal drive to the garage to day went round a right hander and the abs kicked in 3 times in quick succession i nearly kaked me sell :lol: it has worn re050a on the front with 5 mm left it is not the first time it has done it and a @*!# me sell every time am just asking because my old Clio 182 seemed to have trouble at about the same speeds on the same corners is the 350 nowen to under steer or do i just need to learn to :drive1 ha

Sorry but without reading between the lines and making too many presumptions

1. - a 'normal' drive shouldn't result in the abs coming on 3 times, 5mm is not excessively worn in my book

2. - he said that his previous car which is completely different in many many ways did exactly the same thing on the same corners

both points lead me to one conclusion -

Epic_Facepalm_by_RJTH%255B1%255D.jpg

:stir::snack:

Oh, sorry, must be me reading it totally wrong then. :dry:

Do me a favour, this is the typical "Im better than a Saxo/Clio/Corsa" owner rubbish, at least be honest about it. The new kind of owner is obviously one that doesnt use commas, because I can understand the words just fine - pull the other one. :yawn:

Sorry but without reading between the lines and making too many presumptions

1. - a 'normal' drive shouldn't result in the abs coming on 3 times, 5mm is not excessively worn in my book

2. - he said that his previous car which is completely different in many many ways did exactly the same thing on the same corners

both points lead me to one conclusion -

It wasnt the ABS, it was the VDC which can come on for a variety of reasons. He was following a Land Rover, do you think a Zed should be able to go round corners at the same speed as a Land Rover without the stability control coming on? I do, but again, what do I know, Im probably one of the "new kind" of owner though. :bangin:

Theres no need to be supercilious and patronising here, its not like hes asking the best way to streetrace at McDonalds. :thumbdown:

a had me foot in it and backed off when it slid the car done the rest

If that's the 'new kind of owner' then god help us all :surrender:

Youve never had the TCS/VDC cut in on the road? Maybe you should consider something cheaper to run, like a Micra then. ;)

I know not everyone is a mad speed bastard like me, but come on, whats the point of having a 350 and then driving like Miss Daisy everywhere?

I think people are being a bit harsh on the bloke TBH....

It appears that are witnessing the unfortunate outcome of the car's depreciation and the resultant influx of a new kind of owner here.

You drive a sub 10K Nissan thats probably your pride and joy, how does that give you the right to look down on others like you are in line for the throne or something? :angry: Are the "old kind" of owners rich aristocracy who never exceed a speed limit and all have Le Mans titles under their belts? I dont think so, so stop acting like you are better than this guy. :thumbdown:

The guy has asked a genuine question, OK, maybe it could have been worded better but Im actually a bit ashamed to have anything to do with this place after some of the answers.

I would say the problem here is ;

a) The grammar. It isn't being pedantic to expect people to type words in the correct order and spell the odd word crecktly.

B) The speedy escalation to insults and cussing.

c) The combination of a + b leads people to jump to the conclusion that this guy might stick all sorts of rubbish on his car and allow it to slowly wither and die due to poor maintenance.*

* 'c)' may be totally unfounded in this case and the poor guy might own the 350Z because he has great taste and it's a great example of a good value driver's car. I do hope so.

In which case why don't you people just LIGHTEN UP! Make a little space, make a better place. Save it for our children.

a had me foot in it and backed off when it slid the car done the rest

If that's the 'new kind of owner' then god help us all :surrender:

Youve never had the TCS/VDC cut in on the road? Maybe you should consider something cheaper to run, like a Micra then. ;)

So now who is being supercilious and patronising ?

I do so love people who stand by their moral judgements :thumbs:

What has a car being cheaper to run got to do with turning off the TCS, you suggesting that because the Zed is fuel hungry you HAVE to drive it with the TCS off and like you stole it ? :bang:

Personally I would rather people see me in my Zed and think 'that looks nice and sounds nice' that 'wow nice car shame he drives like a ****'

Do me a favour, this is the typical "Im better than a Saxo/Clio/Corsa" owner rubbish, at least be honest about it. The new kind of owner is obviously one that doesnt use commas, because I can understand the words just fine - pull the other one. :yawn:

Seriously do you speak mong or something? How the hell could you decipher what the hell he was going on about? For a kick off he said that he lost the Clio in the same place (which he then appeared to change his mind about).

I'm not better than a Saxo/Clio/Corsa driver at all................I am however better than any feckless mongtard who spends his days 'sticking his foot in it', at 60mph round right handers whilst tailing a Landie, asks a question in a language something akin to Klingon and tops it off by giving a load of mouth when he gets an answer he doenst like.

I'm so much better in fact that I sit in front of a mirror and lightly tap my Johnson with a small stick just to prove how much better I am.

Yes ......... if you arent driving it for the performance then you are better off buying a Primera, surely. :)

Fair one :)

Just thought I'd say though, you missed an apostrophe out there docwra.

Runs and hides :lol:

Its a style thing, I dont use them myself ;)

Maybe Im just shaping for a :boxing: here, but I have noticed a slightly "superior" attitude to anyone who isnt coming from a £10K+ car - its nowhere near as bad as Pistonheads (I dont actually go on there anymore because of the users that think they are better than everyone) but worse than somewhere like SXOC (where since drifting got famous we have already watched our cars become the chavs choice of showoff car already) :wacko:

You are going to see a lot more guys coming in without RWD experience, sometimes with limited experience of cars at all and tempting as it might be to shoot them down in flames most times its better to educate than to berate :thumbs:

The busyness of the Welcome forum shows this place has a hell of a future in store, Im just pointing out that not everyon who misses a comma here and there is automaticaly a chav ;)

Pistonheads is awful, and if you want to see superiority complexes check out the Evo forums.

It isn't the £10K plus thing, not for me. I just hate to see people buying good cars and ruining them. Everyone jumps to conclusions on forums, it's the nature of the beast and to be fair there normally isn't smoke without fire.

i think the biggest mistake made here was to swear at the person on the forum with possibly the shortest fuse. and in fairness i don't blame him for his response.

I'm no language god, far from it, but i try. and i think alot of people are tough on what looks like txt spk. and being that its a forum where text is not limited i don't think its an unfair point.

people also defend their cars, when you spend alot of cash and its you P&J your going to stick up for it, be it a corsa, a zed or a ferrari.

this does tend to lead to a lot of people riding on very high horses. if this club was to play polo, we'd all need very long sticks.

Seriously do you speak mong or something? How the hell could you decipher what the hell he was going on about? For a kick off he said that he lost the Clio in the same place (which he then appeared to change his mind about).

I'm not better than a Saxo/Clio/Corsa driver at all................I am however better than any feckless mongtard who spends his days 'sticking his foot in it', at 60mph round right handers whilst tailing a Landie, asks a question in a language something akin to Klingon and tops it off by giving a load of mouth when he gets an answer he doenst like.

I'm so much better in fact that I sit in front of a mirror and lightly tap my Johnson with a small stick just to prove how much better I am.

+1,000,000 :lol:

Have an actual look through the Welcome posts, most are along the lines of "I have wanted one of these cars for a while and finally I have one my pride and joy :yahoo: "

Not "I went round a corner at 60 and nearly binned it....."

Thats why the first type of posts get a friendly wave and some good advice and the second type don't, if that makes us all bad people then ho hum :dry:

if this club was to play polo, we'd all need very long sticks.

My stick will ALWAYS be considerably longer than yours :p

and i shall always look down on you all from my horse called Jag :lol: i just won't hit any balls with my shorter than average stick :blush:

Just sitting back reading this...bizarre how it got to this really, we must look a right bunch from the outside in.

Reading back, the original post was cryptic and bizarre in its own right and people tried to figure out what was going on with questions etc. :shrug:

Personally, I think people should be allowed to speak how they like - but at least spell it in someway correct, so if using 'know what I mean mate' try not writing 'no wat I meen mate' - computers have spell checkers nowadays :thumbs: people that start picking at the odd comma here and there really only say that as they really have nothing of any use to say. If you go to a meet I don't hear people speaking in perfect English so not sure why there is such drum banging about it on here.

But from what I saw the OP launched in a swearing fit at a long term member who had good reason to be concerned about the apparent way the car was being driven, in fact I thought Neil was very reserved in his reply and didnt drop to the level of the OP....since then we have had a series of nit picking going on :doh: which has somehow gone over into five pages when in fact 80% of the answer, to me anyway, was in the very first reply from Zugara...

Just to clarify:

1. I have no problem with anybody based on what car they drive now/have driven in the past.

2. I am generally open-minded and do not have prejudices based on a person's age/background/job or anything else for that matter.

The statements above were based solely on the fact that, perhaps because I am old beyond my years, I find it very difficult to read posts with absolutely no punctuation, very poor grammar and spelling (including txt spk). In addition (and I risk repeating myself here), irrespective of the driving experience, skills or car ownership history of the person concerned, if somebody writes about losing control of the car in circumstances where they clearly were not adhering to the conditions and then ask whether something is wrong with their car, I won't be having much sympathy with that person.

Yes, we've all had our moments when we felt that perhaps we had lost control, slid where we shouldn't have, gone too fast through a corner, but the right reaction here is to be humble and learn for the future as driving a moderately powerful rear-wheel drive car does not inductively make you a driving god amongst mere mortals.

---

Also, arguments about the Land Rover are quite frankly irrelevant. I judge the speed I should be going through a corner on my own ability, the car's ability and the conditions rather than the speed of the person in front of me. I have twice witnessed the person in front of me write off their car and have enough sense to know two things:

i. I am able to decide for myself what is appropriate for any given stretch of the road.

ii. Many cars on the road including some Land Rovers will have far superior handling ability/control in a number of situations than I will in my zed because while I personally love my car I have the sense to know that there all cars are different and many are better for different purposes/in different situations.

Maybe Im just shaping for a :boxing: here, but I have noticed a slightly "superior" attitude to anyone who isnt coming from a £10K+ car

This is because we don't like poor people...........they don't wash and they can't afford good quality balsamic vinegar.

2009 - 350Z = Poor mans Porsche.......attracted twunts.

2012 - 350z = Rich mans Saxo.......attracted twunts.

Money doesn't come into it.