nearly binned it

Dave172

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now I can see what threads get the best response, either a woman asking something or a this type of question.

I might change my name to Cheryl and see what replies I get!

that's just asking for it mate.

MODS ......a username amendment please.

Have we heard what the conditions were when this chap "almost binned it"? If it was a bone dry summer day, then something may be amiss.

We've had glorious hot sunshine for well over a week up here, and today it's been raining. I think that puts an end to this thread. ;)

*edit. But the op started this thread yesterday, so I'll get my coat. :blush:

Ask anyone who went to Wales last year if they can keep up with a Landy in a Zed :wink:

We should have given that landy an honourary zed badge

And don't foget,you were all overtaken by one. :lol::lol:

Ahh we were not over taken by him, but pulled out behind him, Admittedly it was a struggle to keep up as he was certainly driving it to it`s full potential, but when he decided to completely ignore the speed restrictions we let him on his way ;)

Land Rover doing 60 in 6th vs a Zed doing 60 in 3rd/4th is how I would imagine a perfectly fine working TCS system would catch the OP's ass in this situation. Riding in a lower gear would have left him higher up in the power band and a tiny blip on the throttle in less than perfect conditions could easily send the Zed facing the wrong way.

Few weeks ago I turned off a round-a-bout in 2nd in decent conditions at about 40, hit the pedal a little too early and the TCS kicked my ass for it. Easily done until you learn the car.

Land Rover in 5th gear you mean :D But i agree with what you say, i can take my landy round a corner at 60mph in 5th and it'll stick like glue (albeit with the cab leaning at a 45 degree angle and me leaning in to it) but if you plant your foot in 2nd gear in the zed round the same corner of course you're asking for trouble. At the end of the day i think we've all found that point where we realise that rwd is a bit more exciting than we realised. I'm just glad i found that at 15mph on a wide wet road. Once bitten twice shy.

But common sense tells me that if one end of the car has more grip than the other, I'm going to have problems going round corners quickly.

RE050's on the front, FK452's on the back. Place your bets, which end will go first ;)

Anyway, we really need to stop the mixed tyres one before Ekona gets here ;)

+1 agreed.

:lol:

But common sense tells me that if one end of the car has more grip than the other, I'm going to have problems going round corners quickly.

RE050's on the front, FK452's on the back. Place your bets, which end will go first ;)

+1 agreed.

He probably preparing his speech as we speak, I'll put the kettle on :stir:

One of my pleasures many years ago was cornering faster than following drivers expected when I had an orange 2CV. It helped that it was a daily route of back doubles that I knew inside out. From the outside it would look extreme but it was nothing like as bad on the inside. This all hinged on 2 things - (1) Being in 3rd and (2) being able to maintain momentum at all times. If someone stopped on a hill in front of you it would take several minutes to get underway again :angry:

One of my pleasures many years ago was cornering faster than following drivers expected when I had an orange 2CV

Maintaining momentum in lo-po cars can be good fun, I miss having to think about the run-up needed to overtake. Actually scrub that, it was sh*t! But I used my wife's 1.4d Pug 106 for a few months between cars and it took on hilarious body-roll when changing direction quickly, ie lane changes. I swear it must have hit 20 degrees off horizontal :lol:

+1 agreed.

He must be on a sabbatical not been on all week....

:ban:

:stir:

I have worn Falkens on the front (from excessive camber) and RE050's on the rear.

Had a very :drive1:scare: butt clenching moment in the rain during the last midlands meet. No issues what do ever. In fact the Meisters save my life I'd say, increased my braking performance massively.

I have 50's to go on the front once the Falkens are ready to come off.

I have worn Falkens on the front (from excessive camber) and RE050's on the rear.

Had a very :drive1:scare: butt clenching moment in the rain during the last midlands meet. No issues what do ever. In fact the Meisters save my life I'd say, increased my braking performance massively.

I have 50's to go on the front once the Falkens are ready to come off.

Similar to me - when my 50s come off the front I will put pilot super sports on so I am matching all round. its a weekend car anyway, not a daily drive.