My tour of hell is over...yeehaa...

Zugara

Well done!!! a week suffering shite like that is too much but just goes to prove all this dignity in the workplace malarky is just show by employers. I can speak from experience having worked for Dickension attitude gaffers on a few occasions...... needless to say not for long when you reach a certain age you stop putting up with crap!!! There are not many situatons in life that are irreversable only the obvious one so best foot forward you can focus all that energy you used putting up with dick heads into more positive ventures.

:thumbs::thumbs:

Congratulations :thumbs: . Having been in a similar situation before (albeit for nowhere near as long) it is great that you have managed to extricate yourself from this situation. I also worked my notice period in full with a large smile on my face :D - I wanted to go out with my head held high. The next 9 years I had at the new company turned out to be the best I had - so I hope the same happens with you. To be able to look forward to going into work is a major thing in your life. Recognition of your value and knowledge will be a real boost for your confidence and, ironically, the experience you have been through will be a source of strength in the future (ie. whatever happens going forward you will be able to say - well it wasn't as bad as before).

Guys, again, a really truely genuine thankyou's from the heart for all of your positive comments and ermmm suggestions. :lol:

I am welling up here.... :blush:

Its amazing how this community has come together, and celebrated my success. :thumbs:

All I can say is this......

:band:THANKYOU :band:

I will answer all the questions in one post, or I could do them individually and get my post count up...... :lol:

Seriously people, massive thankyou, I actually had a good night sleep last night, seem that huge burden has been lifted, and suddenly everything became clear......phew!

Good for you and congratulations :band::yahoo::drunk::clap:

It can be a nightmare when you're trapped in a work situation or job in the kind of circumstances you've been in, well done for escaping.

I bet a whole load of that pressure has been released already and more will follow, which will do you (and your loved ones) wonders.

You'll jump in to this new role with such a positive attitude, sleeves rolled up ready to get stuck in and make a success of this new opportunity that you'll be amazed at what you'll achieve.

It sounds like this could be one of the best decisions you've ever made. I wish you all the very best with it. :thumbs:

Just picked up on this thread.

It never ceases to amaze me how much stress folks are put under needlessly in this day and age, if you could just get on at your own pace much more would be acomplished. I have to deal with it every day, and I only pedel cars, I am not perfroming heart surgery. So pleased to hear that you have not got the position you obviuos deserve, and I am sure you will be much happier and fulfilled. Best of luck :thumbs:

Surprising how many people seem to suffer from this :scare: me included

I got the option of a secondment to a different department for a year and nearly took their hand off in the process - I go back though in 2 weeks time,however..........the A**hole who made my life hell, was, lets just say.....encouraged to leave and he kindly obliged :yahoo:

congrats and all the best for you in your new position :clap:

ps

what service are you operating manager of

• 2 weeks later...