Newbie needs car

Hi Folks.

My name is John and I am looking to replace my Corvette 1994 manual with a 350Z Gt Auto Convertible. Had Vettes for 15 years but due to ill health am unable to bend fully to get in and out of them! So after trying all other options I got into ( easily ) a 350Z Gt . Tried out a manual and then an auto and for me auto is the way to go! What a great handling car and so quiet compared to my Vette.

Anyway are there any club member cars ( auto + convertible) out there for sale? My budget is £11,000.

Having been Corvette club member for 15 years I know for best help in buying a special car is to ask owners!!

Look forward to any replies

JohnUKVetteNut ( now ex VetteNut)

Welcome Along :thumbs:

You can't beat a Shovette Ricy B) ....... :lol:

Welcome buddy - for a minute I got all excited and thought you were a Chevette nut!!!!

Try the Zeds for Sale section - decent budget like that should get you a really nice example so hunt around.

Hi and welcome to the forum. The roadster is a great car and I would say that although the JDM auto is not as common they dont sell as well. I will have a look around but thats a very healthy budget. :thumbs:

Also dont worry too much about an import, its harder to work the specs out as they come with a fair amount of optional extras, as such you can pick up some great cars. :)

Hi Folks

Been out today to see an auto/conv. at Samys Cars, Bedford. Looked a "tricky" place to me but the cardrove beautifully but smelt "hot antifreeze"after a couple of minutes ride so assume theres a problem about to happen.

So I am sold on auto/conv but would like some information on the pro,s cons ofbuyingan import.

I read in the FAQ section that radiator and fuel tank arenon UK spec , although that does not worry me unduly, but what about getting sparesfor an import say a non uk radiator for example? Is there a supplier for these parts/

Look forward to your comments and again THANKS

JohnUKVeteNut

Hi Folks

Been out today to see an auto/conv. at Samys Cars, Bedford. Looked a "tricky" place to me but the cardrove beautifully but smelt "hot antifreeze"after a couple of minutes ride so assume theres a problem about to happen.

So I am sold on auto/conv but would like some information on the pro,s cons ofbuyingan import.

I read in the FAQ section that radiator and fuel tank arenon UK spec , although that does not worry me unduly, but what about getting sparesfor an import say a non uk radiator for example? Is there a supplier for these parts/

Look forward to your comments and again THANKS

JohnUKVeteNut

I've not heard of any issues with import owners having problems sourcing parts as I'd assume that all UK OEM parts will be a straight replacement for any JDM parts. The cars are 95% identical with most differences being of an aesthetic nature.

If your going to get an import I'd just try to get one with leather and Brembo's as these are usually desireable come resale time, if that is a concern for you.

Picking up my 2005 auto/convertible weds. imported 2009 through TW White 49,000Kms ( about 29,000 miles I think)

Looks and drives like a new car

will post photos when I get it home.

Is there any site where I can find out what spec the car is, using its Vin number? On my deceased Corvette I could "Carfax" the vin in USA and retrieve all information about my car.?

How do I tell if its LSD or not? ( No I wont burn rubber yet to decide that!)

JohnUKVetteNut (ex....now 350 Nut)

Picking up my 2005 auto/convertible weds. imported 2009 through TW White 49,000Kms ( about 29,000 miles I think)

Looks and drives like a new car

will post photos when I get it home.

Is there any site where I can find out what spec the car is, using its Vin number? On my deceased Corvette I could "Carfax" the vin in USA and retrieve all information about my car.?

How do I tell if its LSD or not? ( No I wont burn rubber yet to decide that!)

JohnUKVetteNut (ex....now 350 Nut)