New Member & NOW a 350Z owner - With Pics

J6N

Hello all

Just thought I would say Hi as I have recently decided to buy a 350Z and would like to join your community (however not sure how much I will be on line - usually go weeks without checking my email).

Your guides and advise on here is very interesting & I'm sure it will be useful during my search for the right car over the next week or so.

I have just phoned Andy75 about his, hope to view it at the weekend I'm sure you will all have good things to say about his car.

looking forward to chat to you all.

Jon

Can I ask you all for some more advise during my search please?

I am currently looking for a 03/04 car, under 60/70,000 miles so I worked out that would be around the £7000 mark

I have seen this http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... 4426243479 which is a 53 plate 52,000mile car for £6300 however the garage selling the car was raided in July for clocking car (report in local paper) however the guy selling the car assures me all paperwork, service, HPI check are up to date and support the mileage.

the fact the garage are still operating suggests they are clear & the price seems to be a bargain, however I am concerned, what do you all think?

Why do traders never check the standard blurb they print in their adverts :doh:

" 3 Doors, Manual, Coupe, Petrol, 52,000 miles, Metallic Orange, 1 Owner. ABS, Air conditioning, Alloy wheels, Central locking, Immobiliser, Passenger airbag, Side airbags, Radio/CD Multichanger, Sports seats, Cloth seat trim*, Body coloured bumpers, Alarm, Drivers airbag, Trip computer, Electric door mirrors, Front electric windows, Height adjustable drivers seat, Solid Paint, Steering wheel reach adjustment, PAS, Rear electric windows, Rear wiper, Front fog lights, Steering wheel rake adjustment. Insurance Group:18"

WRONG

* To be fair the dealer has noted the leather seats in his add-on notes, but then fails to correct the other items (multiple air-bags in the ZEDs, BTW.

He's not bothered to look up the proper colour name - Sunset (which is metallic if you were not sure).

If they have recently been done for clocking I would be very careful - 'leopard & spots'. Ask for the previous owners contact details to verify the mileage and anything else you might be doubtful about, or at the very least carefully check the MOT(s) - just hope they are genuine. Get a proper check done by the RAC or similar if you are seriously interested

Otherwise, from the pics the car looks pretty good for the price, IMO.