Toyota FT-86

neo

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks beautiful but I'm not sure if it would be a step down from the Zed in terms of performance?

depends on how heavy it is in comparison to the zed.

1280Kg

nearly 400kg lighter than the zed

zed = 173 bhp per ton

FT86 = 154 bhp

and i'm guessing if its using the boxer engine then its going to be turbo'd which means getting it up to 300 bhp is going to be a piece of pi$$ and cost very little in comparison to getting the same kind of gain out of the zed. probably looking at £500-£600 to get 50-60 bhp out of the ft86. double that and a bit more to get it an extra 100 bhp over stock.

its basically an impreza engine, so what ever you can do to tune the nuts off one of those then you can do the same to this toyota.

I've seen worse, but unless they're going to put some decent tyres on it then it's never going to have the performance it should have. I'll be interested to drive it, and I'm glad it's so relatively light, but I can't see it setting the world on fire. The Subaru version on the other hand should be a much more appropriate car, and I don't even really like turbocharged engines!

I think if you're honest with yourself, those looks in a lightweight car with rear seats & 200 ponies for £20k list price is pretty awesome.

No way will it be £20K over here. If it is I'll post a photo of myself in a mankini.

I reckon £25K for the base version and £28K for the posh one.

Looks good, but somehow not as modern as I thought it was gonna be :shrug: In terms of performance I think the 200 ood bhp mark is fine, its meant as a cheapish, lightweight sports car again. Add more power...add more ££ lol Although they talk about the corolla , good replacement for the Celica. My m8s got a T-Sport, lightweight,f ast and cheap! They don't make em liek that anymore...all big fat TTs etc... lol

It's rumoured that the BRZ will be rear wheel drive .... will this be the first non 4WD Subaru ?

There have been fwd impreza's before, but not a model where the only option was to have rwd as far as I'm aware.

I think this should fit in the Toyota and Subaru range nicely as a sporty coupe is something they are both missing. I also love the unique sound of the subaru boxer engine, it's the car I was wanting when I bought the zed really.