Toyota FT-86

neo

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Underpowered?? Have you sat in a Celica T-Sport/GT from 04 onwards?.... There FAST. Remember this is a small sports car not meant to be 300 bhp etc. only had 189 and it did fine with it. :shrug:

I'd say they are nippy not fast let alone FAST.

I can't help but think this is going to be the new Celica........semi good looking, but so under powered that it just ends up with women owning them.........

And there you have it, my exact thoughts. Toyota should stick to Prius'. Their heyday as a car manufacturer who made sports cars ended in the 90's.

I can't help but think this is going to be the new Celica........semi good looking, but so under powered that it just ends up with women owning them.........

And there you have it, my exact thoughts. Toyota should stick to Prius'. Their heyday as a car manufacturer who made sports cars ended in the 90's.

2006 actually

thats when they stopped production of their last sports car the mr2 roadster ;)

Right ok, over exaggerated capital letters fine lol. But lets be honest, and go back to reality. If a car... is doing...what lets say 7-6 secs to 60...its quick :) ... don't argue lol 6-5 your FAST :D . 5-4 VERY FAST. :teeth: .. and 4 downwards is just :scare: ... enough for anyone..full stop. Never mind all your higher powered stuff etc, I mean on a day to day basis. The celica is a quick car. C'mon your heading down the route of... everything must be imensley fast here and dropping engines in and modded stuff. Standard is what I'm on about. :shrug: I mean my coupe is doing 9....9 for god sake and in reality it pulls away from most of your boxes and some classier titles too! So above that in reality is good... I'd mines is terrible underpowered so (depending on your budget) if you've got a car thats doing 7sec and under... I wouldn't complain, put it that way. But obviously in May I'm picking an all rounder...not the fact that it does it in around 5.5-6 secs ;)

Right ok, over exaggerated capital letters fine lol. But lets be honest, and go back to reality. If a car... is doing...what lets say 7-6 secs to 60...its quick :) ... don't argue lol 6-5 your FAST :D . 5-4 VERY FAST. :teeth: .. and 4 downwards is just :scare: ... enough for anyone..full stop. Never mind all your higher powered stuff etc, I mean on a day to day basis. The celica is a quick car. C'mon your heading down the route of... everything must be imensley fast here and dropping engines in and modded stuff. Standard is what I'm on about. :shrug: I mean my coupe is doing 9....9 for god sake and in reality it pulls away from most of your boxes and some classier titles too! So above that in reality is good... I'd mines is terrible underpowered so (depending on your budget) if you've got a car thats doing 7sec and under... I wouldn't complain, put it that way. But obviously in May I'm picking an all rounder...not the fact that it does it in around 5.5-6 secs ;)

A Celica is not fast.

I'm surprised your car can out accelerate anything considering that a 2l Clio wipes the floor with the 2.7 v6 coupe ;):p

my jag apparently does it in 4.5 seconds :p

Only when it's running on all 8 cylinders and not in limp mode :p

3.9 for mine timed by C&D in the US with LC, not that it really matters. As I expect you find with yours, it's that mid-range shove that really makes the extra difference over something like the Zed where you really have to work the gears. What does the XKR redline at anyway?

2006 actually

thats when they stopped production of their last sports car the mr2 roadster ;)

Good point :blush: I was thinking more along the lines of Supras etc...

Since when was an MR2 Roadster a sports car????????????? :lol::lol::lol:

Nice precision and loose set-up, just not mental fast. I'd say its sporty, more so than an MX-5 and that seems to be the benchmark for small roadster sportiness.

They are driven by posers a lot of the time though