Marco Simoncelli

jumping350

was watching it he veered into two other riders and one of there front wheels struck the back of his helmet and whipped it off ...two riders were colin edwards and Valentino Rossi my other favourite rider!!Colin Edwards will be retiring so an awful way to go..but this will prob push Rossi into retirement as they were like brothers

Very Sad Day

Sent shivers down my spine. I wouldn't advise anyone to watch the clip of it unless they want to spend the next few weeks trying to erase it from their mind..... He was only 24 and one of the up and coming big talents in the sport. I realise these guys know what they are signing up for but I don't think any of them really ever believe they will get killed. My heart goes out to his family. It's a big reminder yet again so soon after the Dan Wheldon accident of just how dangerous any motorsport is. R.I.P Marco.

Definately dont watch the clips if you are sensitive in anyway, its not good viewing, and avoid the article from the Daily Mail they show some shocking images - very inconsiderate from them :thumbdown: Really feel for his family and Valentino as they were like brothers. I feel that this may put Valenino and Colin Edwards into retirement.

I'm not a big GP follower but he was such a cool guy. looked like such a freak accident, as though he had leant too far off the bike and was struggling to get back up.

Motorsport will allways have an element of risk. flying round on the edge of control on the fastest vehicles in the world will never be completely safeIts such a shame when there is loss of life. I guess it just shows the bravery these guys have in the first place.

We just have to thankful that due to the safety rules in place these days, incodents like this are usually few an far between. anyone familliar with 60s and 70s formula one will know what i'm talking about

RIP

I somehow managed to miss the news of Simoncelli's death until wednesday and watched the video today. Really shocking. I don't watch much MotoGP but I was really impressed with the way he handled racing against the big names - ie didn't care. At the time I was following the racing he was being penalised a lot, where other drivers would probably have got away with it.

The fact that he seemed a genuinly nice, cool guy just makes this sadder.

RIP.

• 2 weeks later...