WHAT P!$$ES YOU OFF on the road?

HEADPHONES

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... putting a nail through a plant,

:wacko:

I hate people who pull out of a junction right in front of you, they know you will have to slow down, then they dribble along slowly and turn left again almost immediately! :angry:

Middle lane hoggers really p**s me off especially when they sit there doing 50-60 mph as do those who drive in the 2nd overtaking lane doing 70 moaning with a huge queu behind them and give you that look when you have to undertake them which I hate to do

The 2nd one is people not indicating even worse when at roundabouts, and those that know they have done something wrong or poorly then give you the bird when you flash them

Oh Yes, a JCB on a duel carriage way that always fun!

And lorry drivers over taking at half a mile an hour faster than the other lorry, then going up a 1 degree gradient in the road then being undertaken, just as slowly, by the other guy. repeat this five times over 25 miles, and wonder why road rage exists

:boxing:

In a car

The elderly, sorry to be down on the seniors (again) but for Christ sake. Why do they need to add misery to the daily commute, by insisting on the "DAILY" trip to Tescos between 7 & 9 am. They have ALL F**KING DAY to do this!! :rant:

+1

If your physical and mental ability mean you don't feel confident driving at the speed limit, then you shouldn't be driving at all!

... putting a nail through a plant,

:wacko:

I hate people who pull out of a junction right in front of you, they know you will have to slow down, then they dribble along slowly and turn left again almost immediately! :angry:

+1. When someone does this, i tailgate them and flash my lights :lol:

im getting angry just reading this thread.

Tractors is another one for me... i have to drive down an A-road for 12 miles every day for my daily commute, and 4 days out of five i'll be stuck in a 30 car queue behind a tractor at 8.50am. If i was a farmer i'd wait till after 9am before going out on the road. :rant:

Tractors is another one for me... i have to drive down an A-road for 12 miles every day for my daily commute, and 4 days out of five i'll be stuck in a 30 car queue behind a tractor at 8.50am. If i was a farmer i'd wait till after 9am before going out on the road. :rant:

Tricky one because as annoying as they are the chaps on a tractor are just doing a job too. Having said that them going on the roads between 8-9am and 5-6pm are brain bendingly selfish!

And lorry drivers over taking at half a mile an hour faster than the other lorry, then going up a 1 degree gradient in the road then being undertaken, just as slowly, by the other guy. repeat this five times over 25 miles, and wonder why road rage exists

The 2 lane stretch of the M11 from Bishops Stortford to the A14 every single day, without fail has its average speed reduced to 55mph all the way up from this. They put in signs telling lorry drivers they couldnt do it, do they pay any attention, do they f ..... :angry:

I also enjoy people waving at me to slow down when Im doing 40 in a 40 and flashing me when Ive gone into their lane to overtake something and pulled back in 5 seconds before they have passed me. Oh, and people who have to wander over two lanes when negotiating a roundabout despite me being right beside them :bang:

Tricky one because as annoying as they are the chaps on a tractor are just doing a job too. Having said that them going on the roads between 8-9am and 5-6pm are brain bendingly selfish!

Ever thought the farmer was up at 6am and is actually in the middle of their working day? I do also get fecked off with them, but as above they have a job to do and a lot of the time they dont have another road they can use. Not sure their boss will let them have an hour off just to let rush our happen :lol:

The 2 lane stretch of the M11 from Bishops Stortford to the A14 every single day, without fail has its average speed reduced to 55mph all the way up from this. They put in signs telling lorry drivers they couldnt do it, do they pay any attention, do they f ..... :angry:

I also enjoy people waving at me to slow down when Im doing 40 in a 40 and flashing me when Ive gone into their lane to overtake something and pulled back in 5 seconds before they have passed me. Oh, and people who have to wander over two lanes when negotiating a roundabout despite me being right beside them :bang:

Yes I had this very thing happen to me on the way to work this morning! The only good bit was when I Parp'd him out of my lane in a an Xtrail, he ws in a Polo - S4!t himself :lol:

I didn't let a taxi driver out of a junction this morning(was in a hurry) and he caught up with me and started tailgating my car and when he overtook me, he started shouting lots of abuse...WTF is wrong with this thwart!! :rant::boxing: Lots of people lack insight into their own driving skills :dry: He has issues and he needs to go on a fcuking anger management course, wouldn't want to be in his taxi.

I didn't let a taxi driver out of a junction this morning(was in a hurry) and he caught up with me and started tailgating my car and when he overtook me, he started shouting lots of abuse...WTF is wrong with this thwart!! :rant::boxing: Lots of people lack insight into their own driving skills :dry: He has issues and he needs to go on a fcuking anger management course, wouldn't want to be in his taxi.

Careful, or you might end up on the same course as him :lol:

Ever thought the farmer was up at 6am and is actually in the middle of their working day? I do also get fecked off with them, but as above they have a job to do and a lot of the time they dont have another road they can use. Not sure their boss will let them have an hour off just to let rush our happen :lol:

Agree entirely. It is a massive inconvenience but it's the queue of mongtards who sit behind refusing to overtake that annoys me - then when you try to overtake and one of them accelerates to close the gap you're trying to get into.....arrrgghhhh!

I have a lot of respect for farmers, they're the last of a dying breed of people in our fair country who actually make (ok, grow) anything :)

Seriously though, the most annoying thing on the road is that Figaro P.O.S that Nissan decided to produce. It's a totally irrational reaction as there are loads of cars on the road that I don't like, but that one really gets me. In fact I was on the way to the gym with my better half last night and I almost threw a training shoe at one, arab style :lol:

On motorcycle:

Sunday drivers going to some waterfall...

Push bikes cycling like the own the road....

Umarked patrol cars :lol:

All in I hate traffic, mostly I hate unware drivers concentrating on something else then driving. (like putting makeup on, shaving, putting a nail through a plant, discussion with occupants in the car and forgetting they're using a motor vechile, cars that's in the slow lane not looking while changing lane not to have to slow down for merging traffic...) I love track...

:disguise:

+1 :thumbs:

... and setting off their washer jets when you are behind them :lol:

Also on a Bike

Holes IN the road, P!$$ me off

I had a 2002 saxo vtr for my first car when I was 17. It was a pretty cool car when your young and very quick for a first car. Don't diss it all you oldies!! :lol:B)

Only kept it 6 months as 3 gearboxes cost almost the cost of the car :lol:

lorry drivers over taking at half a mile an hour faster than the other lorry, then going up a 1 degree gradient in the road then being undertaken, just as slowly, by the other guy. repeat this five times over 25 miles, and wonder why road rage exists

+1 on this and middle lane hoggers. I pull a large trailer most days and I'm not allowed in the fast lane and both of these hold me up! Also I hate it when people don't change their indication when exiting a roundabout forcing me to stop when there is nothing coming!

But most of all I hate the woman who was not only driving in the middle lane of the M1 when the left lane was clear but she was looking back at her children for at least 5 seconds whilst passing them something.... What the hell were you thinking? :bang:

Mobile phone use while driving or something similar. I actually saw a woman driving on the A40 towards London using gas powered hair straighteners once whilst steering with her left hand. Whilst not trying to start a whole "men v women" thing, in my experience both at work and not on duty, I see far more female drivers using their phone or doing something they shouldn't whilst driving, like doing their make up etc.

I started to think it was just me that witnessed far more women on phones than men, you see them all the time, creeping in traffic looking down at their laps, on the motorway on their phones, the funniest is when they have them on loudspeaker and they hold the phone about 6 inches away from their face, it's not subtle, it's blatant. It winds me up because I forked out for a hands free system in my commuter so I didn't have to hold a phone while driving and these people just don't seem to care. Sometimes I wish I had a camera in my car as I usually catch a good 5+ people each day, each way to work.

Right up there as the biggest annoyance is motorway driving, it nearly drives me mad every single day! People in this country do not know how to drive on the motorway. I don't usually drive a van but the other day I had to and I was on the motorway, mainly sticking to the 'slow' lane as I was doing 65-70 mph and there was no traffic. I come upon a lorry and I go to overtake, I indicated and there was a huge amount of space but this didn't stop the woman in the middle lane in her pig ugly SUV, who had been in the middle lane for a good 5 miles, going nuts at me for pulling out flashing her lights and getting well angry. I'm sorry but she shouldn't be sat in the middle lane, it takes a lot longer to get my speed back up in a van if I have to put my brakes on than it does for her in her SUV to move out and let me out!

Driving in this country gets me pretty angry.

The platignum hair brigade, who have been in a car since before tests existed, and have their own version of the highway code, who tootle along at 25 to 35 mph (usually a honda jazz) and the convoy behind them, who wont commit to overtaking, so the queue grows and grows. I find overtaking in second gear, when you finally get to them, tends to be the first instance they are aware of 'anyone' behind them!!!!

I think a retest every 10 years would be a good thing, as long as were not charged for it! :D

My Honda Jazz owning wife just tried to break my screen :scare:

Neither she nor I in our sixities drive in that fashion although we similarly get irritated by such drivers, of all ages and in a wide range of cars. When I drive the Jazz I tend to get to get the look as I overtake - bloody hell, didn't know those things could do that :lol:

Ok try Nissan Micras doing 15 mph less than the speed limit and a few coming the opposite direction so there's no chance of overtaking.

+1 to Railgun

:rant:

Inanimate stuff, potholes, rocks, the M25 in general,

Stuff that should now better, idiots in white vans, mothers who need massive 4x4s but cant drive them, tourists who sightsee when they are driving, actually tourists in general, people with dogs on long leads thar let them walk in the road, tourists, badgers, foxes, deer, tourists and finally idiots on the A590 who cant understand speed limits.

Our tractors belt through the village at very lively speeds, I would dare anyone not local to try to keep up. :lol: