WHAT P!$$ES YOU OFF on the road?

HEADPHONES

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Take up cycling and see how annoying it is when cars feel it's perfectly safe to pass a couple of inches from you at 60mph. Then realise why they cycle 2-3 abreast to create a safer pack forcing cars to slow down and pass them by at a safer distance.

Take up cycling and see how annoying it is when cars feel it's perfectly safe to pass a couple of inches from you at 60mph. Then realise why they cycle 2-3 abreast to create a safer pack forcing cars to slow down and pass them by at a safer distance.

:ban:

I ride and i'd never dream of cycling 2 abreast when i know cars are behind me - it's the most stupid, arrogant thing to do.

For me, aside from middle lane hoggers also, it's people who dont indicate whilst going round a roundabout - forcing me to stop suddenly, or not be able to maintain my speed when pulling out.

Not being horrible clarkie, but riding aside each other is dangerous to all concerned, its not a case of them vs us, any cyclist who takes that attitude is already going to cause a problem on the road. Cycling 3 across means you have cars on the other side of the road overtaking instead of slightly across the lane which brings many more dangers than overtaking single file bikes. This also applies to other cyclists traveling faster than the 'amateur pelaton' who have to take a wide diversion to get around them.

Cyclists seem to have gotten worse in London, I remember ten years ago it used to be just enthusiasts who seemed to deal with the cars better, now you have all sorts of untrained commuter and sunday cyclists who have no idea half of the time what they are doing is wrong or dangerous.

The sooner it stops being them vs us the better really.

Most annoying thing on the road? Recklessness in any form, tailgating is top of that list. Even in that torrential rain last week on the M4 I had cars less than ten feet from my tail at 50mph.

People who dont go in the right lanes on the motorway.... Its only in the UK you get this. :headhurt:

I was driving alll over europe a few weeks ago and everyone overtakes and then goes back into the slow lane, never once hit traffic or saw an accident. The fast lane literally ends up empty.

Personally I think driving test should get harder so you dont end up with fools driving.

On motorcycle:

Sunday drivers going to some waterfall...

Push bikes cycling like the own the road....

Umarked patrol cars :lol:

All in I hate traffic, mostly I hate unware drivers concentrating on something else then driving. (like putting makeup on, shaving, putting a nail through a plant, discussion with occupants in the car and forgetting they're using a motor vechile, cars that's in the slow lane not looking while changing lane not to have to slow down for merging traffic...) I love track...

:disguise:

Middle lane hoggers.

Mobile phone use while driving or something similar. I actually saw a woman driving on the A40 towards London using gas powered hair straighteners once whilst steering with her left hand. Whilst not trying to start a whole "men v women" thing, in my experience both at work and not on duty, I see far more female drivers using their phone or doing something they shouldn't whilst driving, like doing their make up etc.

Reckless drivers, whilst speeding doesn't generally bother me (to a small degree) the ones who do it weaving in and out of traffic like idiots does, as they could quite easily kill me.

Tail-gaiters who think it is perfectly fine to get within 1 foot of my rear end and flash their lights to get me to move out of their way. In previous cars I must say I used to slow down to a crawl (in fact if I recall the highway code actually recommends slowing down if being followed like that). 9/10 times, people who drive like this don't get anywhere faster anyway. I regularly end up catching up with them or passing them as they are so intent on getting up behind people like that they don't realise they could quite easily pass the car safely and quicker if they didn't drive like a pillock.

Cyclists don't bother me generally, mainly because I am one. I cycle to work a lot and have had the brunt of idiot drivers in the past. Most cyclists are pretty good but like car drivers, you will always find an utter idiot who thinks they are gods gift to the road. What does bother me about cyclists though are the ones who think it is okay to jump red lights and not stop at pedestrian crossings. In my experience it is these cyclists who then go on to shout at drivers for venturing 1 inch into "their" cycle lane or rolling across a stop line at the traffic lights.

Tailgaters - all though I just have fun with them and go slower although 99% of them clearly don't get it so I think they don't have a clue that they are tailgating but driving on automatic.

Cyclists that refuse to use a cycle lane/path that cost hundreds of thousands to put in next to roads that are simply dangerous to cycle on! What a waste of everyone's tax!

The platignum hair brigade, who have been in a car since before tests existed, and have their own version of the highway code, who tootle along at 25 to 35 mph (usually a honda jazz) and the convoy behind them, who wont commit to overtaking, so the queue grows and grows. I find overtaking in second gear, when you finally get to them, tends to be the first instance they are aware of 'anyone' behind them!!!!

I think a retest every 10 years would be a good thing, as long as were not charged for it! :D

Car drivers who think they own the road and think I should ride my bike in the gutter (not aimed at anyone on here of course ;) ). They should read roadcraft and learn to drive properly. 3 up on bikes is excessive, but sometimes they have reason (ie if its unsafe for cars to be passing).

In my car not a lot annoys me, I just cruise along, if someone wants to go slow theres plenty of places to overtake them, if someone wants to drive like a tit, I just back off. Theres so many bad drivers these days that being alert and relaxed and not trying to rush anywhere is the only way to stay alive :surrender:

The platignum hair brigade, who have been in a car since before tests existed, and have their own version of the highway code, who tootle along at 25 to 35 mph (usually a honda jazz) and the convoy behind them, who wont commit to overtaking, so the queue grows and grows. I find overtaking in second gear, when you finally get to them, tends to be the first instance they are aware of 'anyone' behind them!!!!

I think a retest every 10 years would be a good thing, as long as were not charged for it! :D

My Honda Jazz owning wife just tried to break my screen :scare:

Neither she nor I in our sixities drive in that fashion although we similarly get irritated by such drivers, of all ages and in a wide range of cars. When I drive the Jazz I tend to get to get the look as I overtake - bloody hell, didn't know those things could do that :lol:

My biggest annoyance on the road has to be tailgating, there is simply no need for it! Last week there was an older lady driving so close to me that i couldn't see her bonnet :angry: . As mentioned earlier, i think that sometimes these people don't even realise they are doing it

I was driving alll over europe a few weeks ago and everyone overtakes and then goes back into the Slow lane, never once hit traffic or saw an accident.

Slow lane!!! :scare:

Does this mean you refer to the 'over taking lanes' as the (dare I say it) "fast lanes"? :wacko:

It's a toss up for me. Middle lane hoggers and people who don't indicate......but probably the MLH's. They grip my s**t! :rant:

On motorcycle:

Sunday drivers going to some waterfall...

Push bikes cycling like the own the road....

Umarked patrol cars :lol:

All in I hate traffic, mostly I hate unware drivers concentrating on something else then driving. (like putting makeup on, shaving, putting a nail through a plant, discussion with occupants in the car and forgetting they're using a motor vechile, cars that's in the slow lane not looking while changing lane not to have to slow down for merging traffic...) I love track...

:disguise:

+1 :thumbs:

... and setting off their washer jets when you are behind them :lol:

My Honda Jazz owning wife just tried to break my screen :scare:

Neither she nor I in our sixities drive in that fashion although we similarly get irritated by such drivers, of all ages and in a wide range of cars. When I drive the Jazz I tend to get to get the look as I overtake - bloody hell, didn't know those things could do that :lol:

LOL, I was just generalising pal, sorry for any display damage incurred! :lol:

Though to be honest, up this part of the world, 90% of the time, it usually is!

That said, on my way into town yesterday, there was a Range Rover Vogue, being driven by what I can only describe as 'Maw' from the golden girls, and she was causing havoc by driving at 30 AND straddling lanes, making it impossible to overtake. She may as well have had a horsebox on the back to finish off the effect! :lol:

In a car

The elderly, sorry to be down on the seniors (again) but for Christ sake. Why do they need to add misery to the daily commute, by insisting on the "DAILY" trip to Tescos between 7 & 9 am. They have ALL F**KING DAY to do this!! :rant:

I tell you why (in our case) - because after 9 you are competing with the lane (isle) hogging mums (usually chatting with anyone and everyone they come across) and their out of control kids :lol:

As well as their car door banging antics in the car park :dry:

when i'm at home in the country side: 4x4's who dont go on the grass, i'm there on a single track road in my sports car and a 4x4 is comnig the other way. i move over so i'm a good way onto the verge, a 4x4 how ever will NOT touch the grass! why should i be going cross F%&*ing country when you have a 4x4 you to$$er. No idea how angry that makes me. it's like there car is allergic to grass or something, here's me starddling a flippin ditch because the toff in there range rover does want to get there tyres dirty........

on the motorway: middle lane hoggers, they slow everyone down for no reason. infact i was behind an mr2 the other day, 2 way dual carrageway turns into a 3 lane motorway, it's only like this for a certain length maybe a mile or so, anyway this mr2 pulls into the new 3rd lane and sits paralell with teh cvar in the 2nd.... WTF then right at the last minute when realising it's going back into 2 lanes, puts there foot down and having to merge into heavy traffic nearly killing everyone...well done to you sir...