Any Musicians?

Jay

Hey guys and gals, been talking to a few people recently and discovered there are quite alot of musically talented people on the forum..... so thought I would create this thread to see what instrument you all play etc. I will start off:

Been playing the electric guitar now for about 2 and half years and have reached grade 6, but now cant really be bothered with the whole grading crap and just enjoyin learning the songs I want to play :blush::D So here are my two electrics:

Epiphone Black beauty and Epiphone Explorer..... both give off a diffo sound and are dream to play:

guitars.jpg

I have been learning the acoustic guitar for about 14 months and that is a diffo beast altogether as it is a subtle way of play and alot of plucking of the strings are involved. I bought this at the time just a cheapy but has a nice rich tone off it and suits my style of playing:

acoustic.jpg

Last but defo not least is my Pearl ELX drum kit with double bass pedals and zildjian symbols :cloud9: I have been playing for about 14 years (much to my parents delight :lol: ) and reached grade 9 which allows me to teach but that never really interested me. I am one of those wierdo drummers who doesnt read music (altho can) i just need to listen to it and then i can play it 9/10 of the time. Excuse the mess my drums have been chucked in the junk room as we have just moved house :lol: :

drums.jpg

So what do you guys and girls play?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a classically trained pianist(no jokes please) and also trained in jazz(grade 8) got myself a nice yamaha piano. I play the keyboards and I also play the guitar, got myself a classic model of the yamaha pacifica before they made the cheap versions, had a fender silver strat before that. Not played guitar in a while

ps i dont look like a pianist, so dont take the ****

I've deleted the junk.

Lets keep this on topic please as it's a nice chance to learn something about fellow members.

It'd be nice to see pics of the instruments etc too. :thumbs:

I'm a classically trained pianist(no jokes please) and also trained in jazz(grade 8) got myself a nice yamaha piano. I play the keyboards and I also play the guitar, got myself a classic model of the yamaha pacifica before they made the cheap versions, had a fender silver strat before that. Not played guitar in a while

ps i dont look like a pianist, so dont take the ****

WTF? Aye more like you beat up pianist's :p

That's impressive mate!

I played chanter for 2 years and moved up to the pipes but had to give up :( Just now trying to pick it back up but struggling, old dogs new tricks etc :p

Jazz trombonist myself - though that's a few years ago.

Big band, trad jazz and jam sessions.

Also done a bit of brass band and orchestral work - toured Denmark years ago and got an album in the Danish charts with the jazz band............ :blush:

i'm like lincolnbaggie; was a trombonist; played for about 7 years got to about grade 7 standard. stopped playing about 7 yeats ago.

played in several orchestras and bands. do miss it; just never got round to picking it back up.

i played the trombone for a short period but hated the bloody thing and was glad to give it up :lol: played the keyboard for a fair few years (maybe 8) when i was younger, did some concerts etc but then left it as playing music really doesn't come naturally to me, i can do it but im envious of those who take to it naturally :)

since then i now enjoy playing host to the party for my mates to bring their instruments and jam, i supply the food, booze and somewhere to kip and they supply the music :thumbs:

• 3 weeks later...

I did a deal for Maverick F1 a few weeks ago (house plans for a guitar lol) ....... I saw it yesterday at the place of Mark James, the guy who owns Maverick ...... it's going for a refurb and then it's mine :yahoo: .......... action is better than my Jackson ...... best thing is it's an ex demo and matches a Blade Zed

• 1 month later...
I did a deal for Maverick F1 a few weeks ago (house plans for a guitar lol) ....... I saw it yesterday at the place of Mark James, the guy who owns Maverick ...... it's going for a refurb and then it's mine :yahoo: .......... action is better than my Jackson ...... best thing is it's an ex demo and matches a Blade Zed

and here it is

IMG_0363.jpg?t=1284409840

I'm over the moon .......... it's been completely refurbed and rebuilt by Mark's techy and it's better than new .......... action, sustain, finish and tone are all fantastic ... Mark spent about 2 hours talking about Wayne Charvel, Eddie Van Halen, Grover Jackson, Floyd Rose, Leo Fender et al ..... this guy is so interesting ........... he knows everyone ............. thanks Mark you are a great guy and I thank you so much for the guitar

I play the guitar (Badly). Got a Taylor Big Baby acoustic and a Epihone Les Paul Standard in Blue.

I've never had a proper lesson...my old man is properly into his guitars - he's got a 1960 strat USA and a 1960ish Gibson SG.........which he foolishly swapped for a 1950 Les Paul Gold top custom (around abouts 30k of guitar now!!) :bounce: