Amateur Photography Thread

Husky

I was lucky to get that, we were walking round a village, and I spotted him just walking along the clothes line. God knows where he was going, but it looked so strange at the time I rushed to get it before he legged it. Thats how it came out of the camera, I dont know how to photoshop :blush::lol:

Just superb

That one of the bee i took on the first page was the same thing, hence two pictures as i was rushing towards it before it flew off :lol:

I think it's rare you need to photoshop SLR pictures, they always come out so rich and crisp. Infact any time i have tried to photoshop DSLR pictures I make them look worse :blush:

Whatever was in the background of the clothes line makes it look really warm and matches the orange, suits it really well

I took this in Singapore a couple of years ago

Not sure if it the compression but there is some noise in there, hope it's not rude but I photoshopped some of it out for you :)

[attachment=0]cityscape.jpg[/attachment]

:thumbs: I've never got to grips with Photoshop, so I gave up trying to sort it out.

Shouldn't use photoshop to correct mistakes, just to add effects you otherwise wouldn't have had on the camera.

Upping the contrast on shots where you have dark colours makes for a better impact. For example this bad boy I upped the contrast and darkened some shadows to make it feel a bit more gritty - even though the original shot was perfectly fine.

IMG_7668small.jpg

Also, you can add effects like colour splash very easily, again no correcting of the shot just adding an effect.

IMG_7675small.jpg

Husky, mine was taken the the 50mm 1.8 lens.

F5.6, ISO 160, 30second exposure and used a small led light.

want to try it again at some point or try something similar.

edit heres another one of mine just for fun

4303721541_aabe0538bc.jpg

I get sent to some random places in my line of work - whether that is 5* business class fun in the Med (OK it happened once) or some place in the middle of nowhere with Acme Airlines (happens quite a bit). Not always great, but always something cool to photo. I don't often get much time to compose a photo but think I've caught some cool pieces.

One of those places in the middle of nowhere:

P1020907.jpg

and

P1020777.jpg

To appreciate the next view you really need a horrific hangover, sat in 'club world' class with a glass of champagne.

P1020321.jpg

River Tees, slightly downstream from High Force.

P1030475.jpg

My gym, 3 mins from my flat - a few km around, handy tree branches for chin-ups and the various pontoons are good for sit\pressups while the ducks and swans come over to check you out. Oh and the view is nice. Shame I don't go there much.

2011-04-09080445.jpg

oh em effin gee wheres the first pic taken chap?

I have a slight soft spot for penguins :lol:

Some island is the South Atlantic ocean. Don't mean to spam the thread but since Matt loves them so much I've thrown in a few more:

P1020911.jpg

P1020910.jpg

P1020906.jpg

P1020889-1.jpg

P1020882.jpg

That's it I'm done with the penguins, for now anyway.

I've got some videos kicking around with some comedy falling over and swimming action going on, but need to get them processed for youtube or such first.

Captain, stunning pics, perhaps you missed your calling in life. ;) Love the penguins Chap, and the sunset pic. Gangzoom, gorgeous scenery pics, amazing clarity and love the composition.

Thanks mate.

I'm from the "throw enough mud and some'll stick" school.

Take 1,000's of pics and 10% turn out to be good.

"It's all about the light".................

Thanks mate.

I'm from the "throw enough mud and some'll stick" school.

Take 1,000's of pics and 10% turn out to be good.

"It's all about the light".................

In the age of digital cameras most Photographers are, even the professionals, although hard disk space is now the limiting factor considering some raw images can be in the 100s of MB. Even for that 10% you still need to have thought a bit about the angles, focus, light etc.

Penguins are brilliant, saw many more on my trip - the weirdest encounter was meeting some on a beach with some ducks walking by. Then tracing their steps back to a field and finding a huge colony, with new borns and skeletons, in a field also full of sheep. Cute as they are, they tend to have significant odour problems.