Little known facts about the 350Z

Impressed

I thought it might me good for members to share odd bits of information about the Z they have discovered. It would probably be a good idea to state Model, Year, UK or Import if it is relevant and the source eg. Owners manual, Service book etc.

Don’t worry if you think every one already knows this. Not everyone is as knowledgeable as some of you guys

Might come to nothing but a couple of members agreed it could be good.

I will start,

The air con is dis-engaged during full throttle operation. (Service Manual)

The valet key which has no battery will disengage the immobiliser and start the car but will not open the glove box. (Owners manual)

The car can stand the weight of at lease 18" of snow all over without damage. (Experience)

• Like 1

If driven well you can get from Moreton Lodge in North Wales to just outside Aberdeen in one sitting and without the need to refuel or get a back adjusment. 450 miles. Resource - Stew. :teeth:

• Like 2

it can snap knicker elas .................. (Clarkson) :blush:

Really I thought he slated it. The woman on 5th gear said it is one of the best cars she has ever driven.

He wasn't keen .......... but he was WRONG

he also has now come round to thinking the GTR (and I quote) is "absolutely unbefrigginlievable"

Have you all found the secret document holder area, never knew that existed until recently.

Under the glove box? Found this when fitting the phone kit.

Huh? Where?

Try lifting up the bottom of the large storage compartment behind the passenger seat ;)

Have you all found the secret document holder area, never knew that existed until recently.

Under the glove box? Found this when fitting the phone kit.

Huh? Where?

Try lifting up the bottom of the large storage compartment behind the passenger seat ;)

Ah that! I assume that was more to do with the satnav unit! I was hoping to find some service history/book tucked away somewhere!

The valet key which has no battery will disengage the immobiliser and start the car but will not open the glove box. (Owners manual)

Doesn't on Caroline's MY07 roadster. :shrug:

Pete

Is it definetly the origional nissan key?

It should operate as above. Maybe its a replacent?