New home for a 260Z (updates 30th April P4)

Keyser

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely love it!

I would love to say keep it stock, and if it's an investment that's definitely the way to go. But if I was gonna spend time driving it I think I would go with the retro/mod'd look. I was actually going to post the same pic as doggyrev above. :cloud9:

As martin has suggested, there is nothing that Mike (Mr F) doesn't know about the early Z's. He is a very nice and helpful guy and I'm sure would happily give you loads of advice and can supply any parts if needed. :thumbs:

Do this!

24_1920x1080w1.jpg

OK Kim has given a +1 to this

and in a womans amazing way to make a blokes life easy :bang:

Something like this............ :cloud9:

icehound-albums-the-240z-icehound-z-picture38680-finished.jpg

Also I just spotted this in my classic car mag......... they may be useful if you need parts :thumbs:

http://www.thezfarm.co.uk/index.htm

a + 1 to this as well :lol:

Help is only a click away. ;)

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=37

Thanks :thumbs: will get a PM out later for some bits :thumbs:

So now thast all sorted ??? :bang::bang:

I'm off to design my garage now :yahoo:

Go to 0:30 on for the noise....

As I said on the previous page, triple Webbers are a must. In fact if you don't get them you are gay. simple as that! :teeth:

sorry the clip is for a 240 however there weren't that many decent 260 ones that really got the noise across.

Keep it stock. There's a lot of expensive bodywork to do there. Ignore all the pictures of american dreamcars from folk spending your money for you. Leave the tripple webers alone they cost a fortune, are buggers to set up and just drink petrol unless you do all the headwork to go with them.

Lovely Car :thumbs: . Back in the day Kevin Keegan had one of those, he lived not far from here when he played for Liverpool. When I picked up my Datsun Cherry from the dealers his zed was for sale in the showroom, 12 months old but about £500 more than the brand new one they also had...Nice to be famous :)

Pete

Ace -don't suppose you have a clutch master and/or slave cylinder? Also brake servo may need replacing.

I'm sure I do have those parts and a set of period Wolfrace slots, all 240's and 260's suffer from the inside suspension legs rusting through look down the insides of the inner wing panels as well if these are badly rusted you have some expense coming I'll have a rumage through the garage for the parts you asking about and come back to you.

Keep it stock. There's a lot of expensive bodywork to do there. Ignore all the pictures of american dreamcars from folk spending your money for you.

Agreed. And knowing how difficult it can be to get parts and body panels for them now, stick with stock, as at least you stand a chance of replacing components. Especially if tracking the 260, if it sustains the odd knock. Best to be realistic. :thumbs: She's got a lot of potential.