Suzanne the LS3 6.2 V8! Caution very long build thread....

Wasso

Thank you all to who turned up to support and work their balls of to make Saturday work to schedule. It couldn't have happened without you, so a big thanks to community support.

Bob and Chris thanks gents, a cracking start to the weekend and all seems to be going very well. Thanks also for the hospitality from the Keyser family. You're all amazingly great fun and hospitable.

Great also to see Graham Colin and Will who I've not seen since Sep 13 due to a hectic life style and many changes in life etc. good to see you guys.

Suzi is coming along nicely - seems strange with her not being parked outside my house. I feel separated although she's not that far away.

Updates to follow further next weekend with the rest fit of the engine.

:clap:

Thank you also to those who've posted in support. :thumbs:

• Like 4

Sorry I should also give a big thanks to Vlad for driving me home as well. Quite enjoyed a SC ride home, although my waist doesn't quite fit his bucket seats so well. Tight was the most suitable word.

Can't wait for next weekend!!

• Like 1

Had a great day at Zed shed today! Great laugh as always and that new engine is just sexy!

You more than welcome Ian...knew you live close, didn't reaslise that just 10mins away :lol:

Looking forward to hear and see this beast running!

• Like 1

Which will be either 5 or 15 minutes from me !!

And yet, I oh so rarely see one, Wasso's parked up sometimes. :lol:

Braver than I would be Ian !

I couldn't bear to watch that happen to a car of mine. :scare:

Does look like there was plenty of fun in the process though. :D

Didn't have much going this weekend in January so I was luck enough to be able play a small part/ enjoy the skulduggery at the Z shed this weekend.

You can't put a price on the whole spirit of this forum and the friends you can make so as I said to Graham today I will be buried in my ZED! Lol

Can't wait to hear that engine roar Ian!

• Like 1

Had a great day at Zed shed today! Great laugh as always and that new engine is just sexy!

You more than welcome Ian...knew you live close, didn't reaslise that just 10mins away :lol:

Good to meet you today Vlad, "is it in yet?" :)

Yes, same, was great to meet you mate!

Haha that definitely was a phrase of the day! :lol: as well as "just do it up finger tight...it will be fine" :lol:

Yes, same, was great to meet you mate!

Haha that definitely was a phrase of the day! :lol: as well as "just do it up finger tight...it will be fine" :lol:

That's the normal procedure at the zed shed :lol::p

Little up date for today's progress, basically Chris worked and we all "supervised", oh Bob spent ages polishing his knob and then Chris gave him a nicer one, I kid you not :surrender:

Any way, to the serious stuff, original sump and oil pick up off

IMG_6121_zps44bd728e.jpg

New engine mounts on and baffle plate coming off

IMG_6125_zps5628756b.jpg

It's impressive in there

IMG_6126_zps45a8e06b.jpg

IMG_6127_zpse3d0a2a2.jpg

Chris clearly has "new lump, must grind" syndrome, the baffle plate had to be slightly shortened to acccomodate the new thicker wall Sikky sump

IMG_6128_zpsaa8d631c.jpg

And back in place

IMG_6129_zps39266475.jpg

New oil pick up in place

IMG_6131_zpsb3f981d9.jpg

New sump in place

IMG_6133_zps1976f5d7.jpg

Oh. amd a random shot of Bob's Zed in the sunshine, he cleaned after it he polished his knob :teeth:

IMG_6130_zps7496b164.jpg

All in all a cracking weekend with some cracking friends, I love this place :yahoo:

• Like 6

:wave:

Not as good as part 1 :sorry: - Camera problems - don't think the batteries fully recharged last night - I have ordered a bigger battery and a new charger so next weekend may be better :thumbs:

But all that aside here it is part 2

More to follow :teeth::D;)

Edited by Keyser
  • Like 2

no worky m8

Hmmm works for me - will check on another PC :thumbs:

Copyright issue mate.

Best shoot me then I am a criminal :scare: - well if they don't want the advertising I will change the sound track - won't be long :)

:wave:

Not as good as part 1 :sorry: - Camera problems - don't think the batteries fully recharged last night - I have ordered a bigger battery and a new charger so next weekend may be better :thumbs:

But all that aside here it is part 2

More to follow :teeth::D;)

Link updated - hope that one works :)

• Like 1