Suzanne the LS3 6.2 V8! Caution very long build thread....

Wasso

Afternoon :)

Well after spending the day on Papa's car yesterday we rolled Suzi back in and jacked her up last night ready for some more fun with the zorst.

So back at it today -

Started the passenger side down pipe - didn't take as long as the drivers side for some reason :shrug:

S1050976_zpsutghxevn.jpg

Drivers side down pipe fitted

S1050981_zpsyvpghlnp.jpg

Then Buster arrived (after his lie in :p ) and started fitting the original back on

S1050977_zpsntiuvfm4.jpg

Wasso joined him - not sure what they were doing down there for so long :blush:

S1050978_zpsyivgtfuy.jpg

Then Buster wanted to try his hand at welding again (only his second attempt)

S1050982_zpsbykxfq8s.jpg

Not bad just needs practice

S1050984_zpsetqjirlw.jpg

Getting better

S1050985_zpsri1otipg.jpg

So after Buster had finished we finished the drivers side :thumbs:

S1050987_zpss1gdpnuw.jpg

S1050986_zps2jdca1nw.jpg

It was mid to late afternoon by then and Wasso got a text (we think from his better half) saying something like "Have you finished that B********* car yet???? :rant: "

S1050974_zpsvtkqcu25.jpg

:lol:

So he headed off home and Buster and I prep'd the Radical for Castle Combe tomorrow :teeth:

Zed Shed Crew Signing off for another day :thumbs:

• Like 3

:lol: nice one Chris.... and thanks both for a super weekend, despite the Smurf hijacking Saturday! :angry:

Still productive to say the least. I'll get order the necessary parts this evening for the intake and coolant hoses.

I'll also upload that video in a bit....... should be humorous......

oh... I was going to ask my usual question, but looks like you had few problems, so I won't ask it as don't want to p*ss you off even more....

IS IT READY YET? :lol::stir:

On a serious note, well done for staying strong minded and finding new solutions! It will be worth it!

I might pop down one weekend to help out and may be even show Keyser what Russian BBQ is :D (I wonder who is gonna be 1st one with a dirty comment? :lol:)

• Like 2

No it's not FINISHED yet Vlad, and for that when she is DONE, you can drive me to Dorset on the day of collection :lol: (for the unnecessary pestering!)

Video, which is in fact two videos cut into one before anyone notices. I found it quite humorous with the lifting and dropping of masks :lol:

No it's not FINISHED yet Vlad, and for that when she is DONE, you can drive me to Dorset on the day of collection :lol: (for the necessary pestering!)

:lol: I haven't said anything lol

And if I'm off that day - I would love to take you down to ZedShed to pick it up :thumbs:

No it's not FINISHED yet Vlad, and for that when she is DONE, you can drive me to Dorset on the day of collection :lol: (for the necessary pestering!)

And if I'm off that day - I would love to take you down to ZedShed to pick it up :thumbs:

Good man :clap:

We are yet to confirm the year but will give you notice B)

Good man :clap:

We are yet to confirm the year but will give you notice B)

Haha that's fine... Might have my bus pass by then as well :):lol:

• Like 2

:lol: nice one Chris.... and thanks both for a super weekend, despite the Smurf hijacking Saturday! :angry:

Still productive to say the least. I'll get order the necessary parts this evening for the intake and coolant hoses.

I'll also upload that video in a bit....... should be humorous......

:p You've been hogging the gaff for far too long :D The boys were begging me to come down so they could do something different :stir: they weren't impressed it was another Azure though :lol:
  • Like 1

I can supply you with some stainless 8mm thick flanges if you need some? One of the ones in the picture looks really thin? Got some laser cut for a mate of mine but sure he can spare a few. Come to think of it he still owes me for them!

• Like 1

I can supply you with some stainless 8mm thick flanges if you need some? One of the ones in the picture looks really thin? Got some laser cut for a mate of mine but sure he can spare a few. Come to think of it he still owes me for them!

Will let you know on that - the thin ones were actually cut from the OEM CATs then cut out a bit to allow for the 2.5" pipe.

It is sort of a temporary thing at the moment though - it may all change later - it may not :wacko:

As I say will let you know :thumbs:

Thanks

This is literally a temporary solution to get the car mobile. We aren't technically too far away from getting done.

Major jobs:

Wiring loom and ECU

Fuelling

Throttle

Data Logger/Race Dash

Not so major and to be completed fairly soon:

Oil filter relocated

Coolant pipes

Power Steering pipes

Air intake

Once they're done we are mobile. Then I can take her to any garage of choice for exhaust in my time rather than occupying the Zed Shed for months.

Stay tuned........ :snack:

Right, 4 of us had a little spare time this morning and we came up with this design for the propshaft bracket on Darren's 240z. This is a v2 improved design based on Keyser's v1 design shown on this very thread, application for the patent already submitted with IPO.

#teamtomato

glrnet, darrenb, doogyrev, octet

f1b6ed945a556391061fb8959866ae4d.jpg

228551978d748a91fcea40fada641802.jpg

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

:boat:

:bounce:

Sorry she's sort of on hold whilst Chris demolishes Zed Shed 1 to build Zed Shed 2........

Well, when I say "sort of" I should say "IS" on hold.

Just waiting on a window of opportunity when Chris isn't hands on with his house build.

• Like 1

Hey now don't blame me - if Suzi had not been delayed for 8 weeks while the first garage did nothing worthwhile then ............... well to be fair we still would not be finished :lol:

But now I have to build the whole car and do the wiring etc etc not to mention I have to build another prop mount that is actually strong enough for a cruise liner before this lot will be happy things have gone a little bit off track :scare:

The good news is we should at least have a bit more space in the new and improved Zed Shed 2 to crack on with this build.

In the interval please read other build threads - Andybp has a good one, DarrenB's is awesome and if your really stuck try http://www.350z-uk.c...uild-starts-p4/

which is a thread on how to build a kitchen big enough that the wife will let you dig up most of the back garden to build a new garage ;)

Edited by Keyser
  • Like 4