Back in a Zed again (Update and pics p3)

Keyser

I can now confirm I am the proud owner of Steady Zeddy's old supercharged 350z. :yahoo:

zedbits.jpg

Firstly I'd like to say it was a pleasure to meet Steady Zeddy in person after his 500+ mile journey to deliver the car to me in the sunny south, I even made him a cup of coffee when he arrived (well he did look a bit tired :yawn: ).

He arrived but missed my road only to be immediately waved down by Buster and pointed in the right direction, you can't do anything around here without being noticed!

Why the quick change? -Well after my first track experience in the my standard 06 Zed (apart from melting my tyres) I realised that a lot of modification was going to be required if I was to get what I wanted out of a Zed but I do luv em. To cut a long story short build one or buy one? Always been wary of buying a moded car but I found so much info about this one it seemed to be a sensible choice and had nearly everything I wanted already on it with the added bonus of a Vortech supercharger so after several (dozen) PM's Steady drove her over to me for a test drive -

First Impressions OMG! (and sold, I want it, that's it gimme gimme gimme) :blush:

Fast is not the word - It pulls like a train in every gear it stops so quickly it hurts your eyes and corners like it's on rails, it is as Steady say's a "sorted Zed"

It is almost unfair to compare it to my last Zed as apart from the steering Wheel and the speedo not much else is the same or standard, My test drive was only ended when the fuel light came on (sorry mate) at slow speeds it has virtually none of the refinement I'm used to, Steady describes it as "a bit agricultural" which is actually quite close. the clutch is a lot heavier you do get more engine and transmission noise and people jump as the bypass kicks in but all that fades away when the road opens up. On the motorway the biggest problem was keeping the speed down other than that she is very well mannered, when I took it down some twisty roads it is planted with virtually no roll the feeling is very confidence inspiring, I can't wait to get it on the track where I'm told it's even better!

Sorry to say she won't be out for a few days as she has to be re-registered in the UK along with a UK MOT and road tax so at least a week of paper work to do! :bang:

One last thing - I jumped into the driver's seat of his pride and joy with the button set to 2 (top mapping 349BHP at the wheels) and gave the car a lot of respect to which Steady says "don't be scared to put your foot down" as we zipped along I'm not even sure he stayed awake the whole time! I don't think I could remain that calm if the situation was reversed! :scare:

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for all the comments :thumbs:

I'm far to polite to give exact figures ...lets say I'm very happy and Steady Zeddy has first dibs if I sell her!

Look forwards to being able to drive it again! (MOT etc) and will bring it along to some meets very soon :)

Nice one mate, awesome looking car for sure. Where abouts in sunny South are you exactly?

just outside Bournemouth mate.

I reckon Steady had the ultimate handover of the Z, with a good long farewell drive....

Yep - over 500 miles across Ireland (from 5am on deserted B roads), Wales (from Fishguard via a mountain route) and on to Bournemouth on the South coast of England (motorways primarily) at quite a brisk pace with a couple of plays along the way. Nobody messes with the Zed in Ireland so I was surprised to see anything from Fiestas to Porsches having a go. Quick stab of the throttle put off most of them though. :blush:

Great outcome for both of you and good to see the car not having to be stripped back to standard for a change.

Keyser - I bet you can't you can't stop these :teeth::teeth:

Steady Zeddy :console:

But at least you are both :yahoo: