New Member: Hey all

Howdy,

Looking for my next car after my Celica GT, going for something newer and a mate kindly pointed out to me that a 350z is attainable with my budget. Being only 22 I thought insurance would be awful and it is, apart from Elephant/Admiral who'll do it fully comp for less than my GT was TPFT :D Also, mods don't increase the premium as much as I'd feared.

Will be in a position to look in about a week but I'll probably wait 'til payday early June so I have a bit more money to play with and I'll also be 23 then may or may not make some difference to my insurance. I should be able to stretch to spending £8,500 and will limiting myself to GTs or JDM STs (or just generally well equipped JDMs).

Just one (or two) queries, if I may. I've looked at the buyers guide which was very helpful but a couple of things that weren't in there were clutches and cambelts, how long do these last? I'm guessing that the cambelt may be included in the P3 but I've got no idea at all with the clutch. If I spend the full budget I'm really going to need these to have plenty of life in them.

Cheers all

Dan

:welcome: mate! Yep, I've just bought a Z myself, and having browsed online saw quite a few within that price bracket!

Goodluck in your search :D

Can't help you much I'm afraid since I'm a n00b myself... so I'll let the elders reply... which they do pretty promptly

Welcome to the club. :wave:

It is chain driven, so no cam belt worries.

I'm not sure about the clutch as my motor has only done 15k but if you do a search there is a post about ownership costs over 100k miles. That should give you a good idea at the sort of things may cost over time/distance.

edit....here it is..viewtopic.php?f=17&t=10947

Welcome :wave:

You should get a nice UK GT for your budget

Clutch ......... should last OK if it's been treated properly ...... mine got up to 77,000 with no probs before I sold

Cambelt ....... not a problem on a Zed .... it's a chain not a belt

Welcome to Loonsville :yahoo:

Sound's like you know what you're after with the budget you've got in mind. Have a good look at the cars for sale on the forum here as there are some cracking Zed's up for sale (magic84's, Ian's etc).