forum crash

Husky

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The change to innoDB on at least one table that we believe is locking up is one of the fixes we hope to employ, however we do need to take the site offline to do this as the table in question is incredibly large, so its not doing it on the fly like we would hope.

The plan is to take the forum offline later one evening, make the table change, and switch back on within the hour. This may be tonight.

Not tonight!!! Britains next top model is on and i'll have to sit through that shite if i cant get on the forum!!

http://zclub.net/forum/ :p

:lol: Just been on and had a look... not bad B)

Well I've been watching the forum server all night and nothing dodgy going on. Going to give up now, so expect it to crash in the next 10 mins :lol:

Chat room is still closed >>>> will it be open soon ?

Well I've been watching the forum server all night and nothing dodgy going on. Going to give up now, so expect it to crash in the next 10 mins :lol:

Chat room is still closed >>>> will it be open soon ?

Short answer is no. We're seeing if thats part of the problem.

God this is getting boring. The forum had a problem, the admin are trying to fix it for us...... they will let us know if it can be fixed or not....... can we not leave it as this?

That would be on purpose, the site was offline for a short while to implement a couple of changes in the database that we think could be affecting things.

Forum now back on after having been on for half an hour or so. Changes made to the sessions table and chat is offline, if there are still problems, please can you make a note of the exact time it occurs and report back here when you can. Many thanks. :)

site seems to be on GMT, instead of BST (or is it a setting in my preferences) :wacko:

Yes thats individual settings, cant be changed for everyone as we have members that dont observe BST.

yep - found it and amended - hadn't noticed it before, but with the issues the site has been having.....

as far as I'm concerned, the time you lot put in is very much appreciated :#1:

tarmac cant get on, i asked if he was using IE but he doesnt know. he can see the forum but not log on.

Could be related to the old "logging on" issue we had a few months back?

Clear his cookies (with milk of course) and try again? or perhaps try entering through the 370 domain?

tarmac cant get on, i asked if he was using IE but he doesnt know. he can see the forum but not log on.

I think other members of the team are speaking to him already on this but he needs to clear his cookies and/or cache. Thats always the issue. The forum is running fine, its a user side issue.

If he reads this - try the 370z URL - http://www.370z-uk.net . If that works it a cookie issue ;)

See Lexx has already beaten me to it :#1: