Interview

Husky

tomorrow, properly sharting myself :scare:

There are the normal things...

imagine the panel in underwear (they are all middle ages blokes so :cloud9: )

Prepare and get there early :disguise:

take halucanegenic drugs :snorkel:

but all in I am still going to be crapping myself the whole way :lol: Any tips that aren't cliches? :blush:

Seriously, on a scale of 1 to 10 how nervous are you?

tomorrow, properly sharting myself :scare:

There are the normal things...

imagine the panel in underwear (they are all middle ages blokes so :cloud9: )

Prepare and get there early :disguise:

take halucanegenic drugs :snorkel:

but all in I am still going to be crapping myself the whole way :lol: Any tips that aren't cliches? :blush:

Take time to describe YOUR career path. You are aiming for where and what ? Is this role why you signed on in the first place ? TELL THEM !!

It's surprisingly hard to get people who actually care about what they do. Dont get me started....

Be confidant. But not aggressive. If you are taking part in a group debate, allow others to contribute. It is important to listen, but remain the focus of attention without leaping around.

be happy to be there ! Everyone will be exhibiting stress. Dont be that person.

If you go in with the confidance of winning the position but not going to slash your wrists if you dont will calm you and put you ahead of others.

Let us all know how you get on :boxing::#1:

This is a bit American, but it helped me once:-

To have the most pleasant interview experience possible, it is important for the interviewee to be calm and comfortable throughout the process. Being edgy, overly talkative, visibly panicky or uncomfortable, and fidgety are surefire red flags during an interview, so focus on settling down beforehand to make it go as smoothly as possible for both parties involved.

Relaxing During the Interview

* Take deep breaths. Breathing a full deep breath through your nose before answering each question will not only calm you by sending oxygen to your brain, but it will also give you time to think about and organize your answer. By collecting your thoughts before speaking, you will feel more confident about your answer and will be less likely to ramble.

* Maintain an appropriate but comfortable posture. Don't slouch, but don't be overly rigid. If posture is normally a problem, practice a comfortable and poised position that you can maintain without pain or feeling self-conscious. If you worry about your own posture during interviews, mimic the posture of the interviewer (when appropriate) – his or her posture should communicate what is considered acceptable.

* Feel free to be yourself. If you normally crack jokes, don't feel that you have to leave your sense of humor at home. You are not there to convince the interviewer that you are someone you are not (hopefully!), so be genuine and let your personality shine through. You will feel much more comfortable if you can focus on your questions and answers instead of whether you seem too shy or too bubbly.

* Know how you express your nervousness. If you think about how you have acted in the past while nervous, chances are you can find a pattern in your behaviour. Do you run your mouth? Do you forget what you were going to say? Do you bounce your knee? Do you sweat profusely? Then prepare to address the problem. Think about your answer before you say it, keep a hand on your knee to realize more quickly when it starts to bounce, take a dress handkerchief with you in your pocket, etc.

* Remember: you are there because they want you to be! Keep that in mind when you get nervous during the interview – they were already impressed enough to invite you in for an in-depth discussion. That means you have something they want, and feeling that you have something valuable to offer them can put you at ease – the power doesn't rest solely on the other side of the interview table. So think positively.

These ARE clichés but are important too:- Smile and be yourself.

Good luck with it. :thumbs:

new job role in same company. its a sideways move to a job i really really really want, which makes me nervous as i dont want to stuff it up. so out of 10 id say an 8 :blush:

Good luck fella, you seem a fairly laid back kind of guy so just go with the flow. Make sure you are clued up (probably doesn't apply if it's the same company) and try (but not too hard) to tell them what they want to hear.

My company were interviewing for graduates on Monday and one guy never smiled once... doubt he will get past the initial interview :lol:

I spent a while trying to figure out what the 'panel in underwear' was :blush:

My best advice for interviews...enjoy it! Try and convince yourself you are looking forward to it, you can't wait and you're going to just enjoy the experience. If it works, you'll come across much more relaxed and you'll put the interver at ease. Personnally, I still feel nervous as the interviewer so keep in mind the pressure isn't all on you - they are human too.

Remember mate - you have two options! You can go in, stuff it up and nothings changed. You can go in, present youself well and get the job. Put that in your mindset - it should help you relax.

You have to go in and do the interview either way so you may as well forget all the pressure and just do the best you can do and deal with whatever happens afterwards :thumbs:

P.S. Good luck

Be yourself John, confident without being arrogant. Show your knowledge of the job & why you want it with reasons why you are the man for the job. Also remember that you may already be a favourite for the position as I'm sure you are not unknown to the interviewers. Good luck, wish you all the best.

good luck with the interview, just relax and enjoy it. i always think of an interview as a two way process. They are interviewing you to see if you are suitable for the role but you are also interviewing them, ensuring they are suitable for you and seeing if you will like the new team and the type of work. As soon as you see it as a two way process like this it really isnt that scary.

Hope all goes well.

one of the things i do is to try and rehearse answers for questions i think might come up. having a well planned answer can take the stress out of an interview as you feel more prepared for it. and your able to give consise answers without rambling on while your brain tries to think of the actual answer.