Trying to decide on a Zed!

seech

Bloody hell...! Didn't expect so many replies!

Genuine thanks to all for welcoming me.

Not sure if I'm posting this in the right section (sorry mods!) but here goes.

Been biking almost 4 years now (Thundercat/RSV 1000R/'08 R1 for those in the know) but a new job is kind of forcing me to get a car again. Last car was an '01 Audi S3, brilliant bit of kit, was sorry to see it go!

Wanted a V8 (RS6 prev gen) or VXR8. But the RS6 comes with scarily gigantic maintenance bills and the wife won't allow a "chavvy Vauxhall" to adorn our driveway. Perhaps still an RS4 in a few years...maybe.

Budget > Good question. I reckon around £12-13K. Either blue, black or white (can only find white 1 import on AutoTrader).

I would obviously like one that was registered before 23rd March 06 to get lower tax, but I do want a 295 bhp one. From my reading around, the only place I can seem to get any info regarding this is www.parkers.co.uk. It appears I have a window of about a month where this model was produced, but before the tax cut-off date.

GT pack is a must, parking sensors would be nice and if one is fitted with anything to replace that cassette tape loader (WTF?) then that would be nice.

Insurance is a complete bitch (£1,550) as I have lost my car no claims (but gained 4 yrs bike no claims!).

Waffle over!

I would obviously like one that was registered before 23rd March 06 to get lower tax, but I do want a 295 bhp one. From my reading around, the only place I can seem to get any info regarding this is http://www.parkers.co.uk. It appears I have a window of about a month where this model was produced, but before the tax cut-off date.

My information is that the 295 bhp version went on sale on April 1st 2006. A very limited number were sent to dealers and journalists during March and I believe Nissan also had a couple for publicity. I can't give a figure for exactly how many but could be as few as 10 :shrug: . In any case, there's little to choose between the performance as the facelift versions gained 20 bhp but also bulked out by 75 kilos, the facelift does have better lighting and a nicer interior though.

Pete