Tonights top gear

Michael robinson

Sadly, Clarkson is rather unimaginative when it came to the review of the GTO.

If anybody has seen the video "Clarkson - The Italian Job", then you'll notice that he uses the same review nigh on word for word, even the "Not now Kato!" statement.

Did enjoy the Top Gear Ashes tho :D

Anyone want to argue that the new Stig is Antony Davidson?

The 599 is epic. I saw it at Goodwood last year. Yes its not a GTO in the traditional sense,but its as close to the 599 FXX as you can get. Ferrari said to Evo that you will not go consistently faster without using the TC etc. I dont know if thats a good thing or not. But as im never going to be able to own one,im not that fussed!

As much as i like JC,i dont think hes a great driver,and if you gave that car to someone more skilled,i think the review may have been slightly different.

Anyone want to argue that the new Stig is Antony Davidson?

The 599 is epic. I saw it at Goodwood last year. Yes its not a GTO in the traditional sense,but its as close to the 599 FXX as you can get. Ferrari said to Evo that you will not go consistently faster without using the TC etc. I dont know if thats a good thing or not. But as im never going to be able to own one,im not that fussed!

As much as i like JC,i dont think hes a great driver,and if you gave that car to someone more skilled,i think the review may have been slightly different.

i just don't like ferrari to start with so thats never really going to sell me on a car anyway, i also think its ugly as well.

as for arguing over a driver, i have no idea as they wear a big white helmet and never talk. for all i know its sarnie doing the driving.

I've gota be honest and say I'd have a stab at Marko Martin doing the Rally section. He does tuition for Subaru in the UK and being a WRC fan I just had a strong feeling it was him. It would make sense to plant a Rally Driver in the car.

The transit was insane. You could tell something wasn't right by the wheels and aftermarket dials on the dash, but still it kicked arse!

anyone notice how low hammond was sat in the rally car to make stig look taller ?

You will find in any serious rally car the navigators seat is as low as possible to help reduce the cars centre of gravity, together with the switchgear and anything else that can be re-sited. Some navigators can barely see out the windscreen and side windows they are so low :lol:

So even Clarkson would look small alongside the Stig in the car - probably the very reason he was not in that sketch apart from pooping his pants :yuck: .