Why get a personalised number plate?

Rubber

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha you should see what I have in my rear window of my car!

67861_10150351759270693_669725692_16197369_4847148_n.jpg

it stops the tailgaters, even got an offer stuck in traffic and lots of laughs generally :teeth:

hahahaha thats first class filth.... love it

How can you love it Neil it`s not on a ZED :scare:

haha i agree it would look better on a zed

:lol:

The guy who has the 12k number plate on the Orion - hey, I can understand that. If you have that much money you need to find something to spend it on! Why not spend a ridiculaous amount on a number plate. It's like buying a watch for 20k, gotta get rid of the money some way!!!

The people who buy old Jags and put a personalised plate on them - ya I can understand that, or more to the point, I understand what those people are like. Those lot are quite different to the Z community with bling wheels and big spoilers!!!

Still no reasonable explanation in my mind as to why people don't treat their car to a "nice" mod instead of a plate with your initials or nickname on it!!!

I'm Irish and we don't do personalised plates over there. Maybe its a cultural thing!!! :wacko:

Haha you should see what I have in my rear window of my car!

67861_10150351759270693_669725692_16197369_4847148_n.jpg

it stops the tailgaters, even got an offer stuck in traffic and lots of laughs generally :teeth:

hahahaha thats first class filth.... love it

How can you love it Neil it`s not on a ZED :scare:

haha i agree it would look better on a zed

:lol:

Perhaps better on a TT :ninja:

Sorry forgot were not allowed to mention other marques on this site :blush:

The guy who has the 12k number plate on the Orion - hey, I can understand that. If you have that much money you need to find something to spend it on! Why not spend a ridiculaous amount on a number plate. It's like buying a watch for 20k, gotta get rid of the money some way!!!

The people who buy old Jags and put a personalised plate on them - ya I can understand that, or more to the point, I understand what those people are like. Those lot are quite different to the Z community with bling wheels and big spoilers!!!

Still no reasonable explanation in my mind as to why people don't treat their car to a "nice" mod instead of a plate with your initials or nickname on it!!!

I'm Irish and we don't do personalised plates over there. Maybe its a cultural thing!!! :wacko:

To me it is a nice mod.....and one that I can take from car to car.

Just to make it different to every other car imo.

I have one on the ibiza which was a 21st birthday present, dont think they are worth the thousands they sometimes cost but the ones that are reasonably priced i think are good.

Every car has a different plate :bang:

:lol: I`ve had a few different plates over the years though

I did both lol lots of very nice mods and then the plate to finish it off. Agree with Craig I can put it on any car I own so a good investment considering good plates tend to appreciate in value. Also agree with dorzi, I didnt buy mine to hide the year but most ppl are surprised when I tell them it's a 7 yr old car

Its totally a bred in cultural thing (my theory anyway) mate.........I was driving a £15k RX8 - my nans reaction 'its a bit like the bat mobile isn't it'.............I get a 7k old mans Merc CLK with a private plate - nans reaction 'bloody hell -people will think you own that bank'...................so bottom line - people buy them to impress their nans :lol::wheelchair:

You've got to love the fact that people used buy Irish plates as personalised plates too!!! At least I think thats what those old plates that started with TNZ (or something like that) were.........people who couldn't afford a proper plate used to have them in the late 90's/early naughties (before the DVLA started churning the £250 jobbies).

I'm a DJ and mine's M33E DJ... No actual point to it but it looks B)

and illegal

It's readable... unlike some of these kids who have crazy fonts mine is all 100% correct apart from spacing... cameras and coppers have no problem reading it so I see no problem...

Just to make it different to every other car imo.

I have one on the ibiza which was a 21st birthday present, dont think they are worth the thousands they sometimes cost but the ones that are reasonably priced i think are good.

Every car has a different plate :bang:

:lol: I`ve had a few different plates over the years though

I know i meant it in the sense that they are all standard jumble of letters but personalised ones are a bit more well... personalised and have some word/meaning behind them if that makes sesne which i doubt it does :lol:.

My plate has got me a lot of business over the years by word of mouth (cos I don't advertise) ......

X to Y 'Hugh will do a good job for you'

Y to X 'Hugh ?'

X to Y 'yea Hugh .... you know the guy with the flash car with the ATTAK plate'

Y to X 'oh yea, I know who you mean ...... he does a good job yea ?'

Interesting, I've never had one unless you count the single digit numbers I had on my Triumph Spitfire (KDM 2K) and (YLG 2W) on a Fiat X1/9. I've been trying to find one of my old cars, any of them actually that will have surely gone to the breakers yard eons ago but I've drawn a blank. If anyone knows of a good search engine, then let me know. Anyway, what happens to plates when a car is scrapped, do the log books go back to The DVLA or are they just taken out of circulation?

Pete

depends on what it says tbh;

really short ones on lambos etc fine,

funny ones fine,

simple ones fine,

ones that barely spell something with with bad spacing, bolts in the wrong place and a stupid font :thumbdown:

Honest opinion on mine bud?

Letter, number, my initials.... :blush:

Letter number and initials are ok but I think if ur gonna spend money on a plate it has to be creative or clever, initials are too easy lol but I'd rather that than a standard plate

I agree...

My old man got mine when he bought a new Van in 1994. Paid an extra £50 or something for it.

Had it ever since.

If you are going to spend "money" on a plate, it should be special... problem is, special plates cost BIG money.

My old man once pre-ordered "EA 51 TOW" from the DVLA. £250.

Sold it to some big recovery company for like £6k or something silly!

There is money to be made....

I would say it is USUALLY to hide the age of a car...

Apart from you lot, no-one really knows my motor is 7 years old.

The average joe either thinks it is brand new... or from 1994!

:D

All due respect for having a 7 year old car in mint condition. I have a 53 plate and I keep it in good nick. Have had a few comments as to how good it looks for its age - if I had a personalised plate no one would know how well I keep it...

Chris

All due respect for having a 7 year old car in mint condition. I have a 53 plate and I keep it in good nick. Have had a few comments as to how good it looks for its age - if I had a personalised plate no one would know how well I keep it...

Chris

HA HA ... that is a damn good point :lol:

I've never had one, finding something with my initials is near impossible or when there is one its ridiculously expensive.

I will be getting a cheap one for the Skyline though simply because the plate holder at the front is quite small & if I get something like XXX GTR then I can run a small plate :D

Chris

HA HA ... that is a damn good point :lol:

Lol yea that's a good point but I prefer when they admire the car first and then I tell them it's a 53 plate :lol: