Why get a personalised number plate?

Rubber

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think personal plates are great. 2 main reasons why... 1. They hide the age of your car. Mine is a 2003 (53) plate, So people not in the know will not have any idea that my car is nearly 8 years old :scare::lol: . 2. Its just another type of personalization. Why get different alloys? Why change your car at all? why get your name on the back of a football shirt? To make it yours. To make it unique.

Mine is W60DY D (my name being Darren Wood) and at £400 inc transfer fees etc, I think that is a bargain for a plate which is so close to actually spelling out my name, well nickname.

Just my opinion of corse :thumbs:

I have 4 initials. Makes buying plates difficult!

Uv got a good plate stew. I know u need a screw to finish it off some people on here don't like that but it's still clever which i like. As long as were happy and no1 is offended :lol::lol:

Yeah, mine was a present. All my family have them.

I don't have mine to hide the age of my car. I couldn't give a monkies about the age of a car or what anyone else is driving. I'm not into keeping up the joneses so it doesn't matter to me.

It's weird but driving with your plate on makes it feel like 'yours'

I got my other half a plate last year, she's Nicole Faux - picked up N 7AUX for £250 from DVLA.

Her Nan loved it...ha

Looking for one for me at the mo, I'm going to be honest - it hides the age of the car. Also, my zed is an import, so I'm hoping to get V4 SWA for £400 and make it fit in the square plate space/mount. Would rather have F1 SWA, but that's crazy wonga.

Bloke local to me has 6OD on a black range rover

I went in an Essex County Council car a few years back, they had two ford scorpios, plates F1 & 1F

End!

I got my other half a plate last year, she's Nicole Faux - picked up N 7AUX for £250 from DVLA.

Her Nan loved it...ha

Looking for one for me at the mo, I'm going to be honest - it hides the age of the car. Also, my zed is an import, so I'm hoping to get V4 SWA for £400 and make it fit in the square plate space/mount. Would rather have F1 SWA, but that's crazy wonga.

Bloke local to me has 6OD on a black range rover

I went in an Essex County Council car a few years back, they had two ford scorpios, plates F1 & 1F

End!

F1 is on a white Buggatti V now - Chesterfield put some pics of it up. Expensive plate much!

My Granadad was chairman of the council at the time it went up for sale. I know Damon Hill was interested in it (and in F1) at the time.

They had ECC1 too - Think that went to Eric Charles Cantona??

From Ford Scorpio to Veyron...its done well

Whenever I see LRF4N's plate or username I always think "Land Rover fan" and think you could sell your reg to someone with a nice classic Landy.

I'm guessing that's not actually what it stands for as that'd be a bit odd to put on a zed?

LRFAN IS CALLED IRFAN

Whenever I see LRF4N's plate or username I always think "Land Rover fan" and think you could sell your reg to someone with a nice classic Landy.

I'm guessing that's not actually what it stands for as that'd be a bit odd to put on a zed?

LRFAN IS CALLED IRFAN

So how does that work with his plate ?

LRFAN IS CALLED IRFAN

D3NT1ST might work better ?

LRFAN IS CALLED IRFAN

you add 16, divide it by a mars bar and there you have it - Irfan

LRFAN IS CALLED IRFAN

you add 16, divide it by a mars bar and there you have it - Irfan

makes sense now

LRFAN IS CALLED IRFAN

That makes a bit more sense now then. Still reckon he could get a good price for it though from an actual LR fan!