Why get a personalised number plate?

Rubber

Whenever I see LRF4N's plate or username I always think "Land Rover fan" and think you could sell your reg to someone with a nice classic Landy.

I'm guessing that's not actually what it stands for as that'd be a bit odd to put on a zed?

LRFAN IS CALLED IRFAN

That makes a bit more sense now then. Still reckon he could get a good price for it though from an actual LR fan!

Definately opens the market if he ever decides to sell it. I wonder if he has ever thought of it that way?

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

p plates are cool imo...interesting debate earlier on :boxing: lol

ive got s8 tyj waiting to go on...mite even rebel this time round and change the spacing on the front to S8TY J (name is Saty surname inital begining with J) - honestly thou - do i care what anyone else thinks.......do i boll*cks.....my car my plate my fine :lol:

Im Liking the FR plate! :thumbs:

Used to have a Leon smoker myself... mmmm Upsolute!

But you are going to have to explain to me what "For The Win" means....

Am I missing something? Are you a big Cory Doctorow fan, or is that your Canadian pen name?

Sorry, don't understand that one :blush:

What's FTW? Your initials ... DAVE? :shrug:

Seeing as it doesn't have a 'D' in it... or maybe I used to be 'Fiona' :lol:

In my case it is "For The Win" :teeth:

Can also stand for "F*** The World" :blush:

I think it is fairly subtle if you know what it means then it means something, otherwise it doesn't :wacko:

My 'Other' car has a personalised plate too :teeth:

It is a Leon FR

FTW or For The Win is internet slang in the same vein as ROFL or WTF. For The Win generally describes something good, although it can be used sarcastically as well.

"I've put some spacers on my Zed and now the stance is awesome!"

"I've got them too, spacers FTW!"

FTW or For The Win is internet slang in the same vein as ROFL or WTF. For The Win generally describes something good, although it can be used sarcastically as well.

Really?

Been frequenting forums for years.... never heard that one! :D

Not on here either.... Crazy :lol:

Really?

Been frequenting forums for years.... never heard that one! :D

Not on here either.... Crazy :lol:

350z-uk FTMFW :lol:

roflshmsfoaidmt :lol:

A friend of mine back in the 90's had B11AVE (BEHAVE) on his highly modified Supra.

Another guy in the Poole/Bournemouth area had 31 BAD and was always being nicked because he would change it to 13 BAD (B BAD) but I think a number of years latter he then managed to get 13 BAD.

When I bought my Honda CRV for skiing last year it came with _999 SEE which is close when you consider what I do for a job and was free, hides the age and free with the car. :boat:

Also a resident here in Monaco with a UK registered Rolla which has been here for at least 10 years the number on the car is BOB which I think might not exist :wacko:

I think like LRFAN that it's just icing on the cake for the car my nick names shire and my plates S111 REC but reads S111RE C, C for my surname chapman, been fine with mine for last couple of years not been pulled up and personally think it looks loads better than a standard plate plus hides how old my Z is :blush:

frontlowcolour.jpg

Guy I know picked up the plate 'HE11 YEA' today as soon as it was released or something. Got it for 400 quid. Apparently it's worth close to 10k, jammy git :)

On the subject of private plates, I've got one, mainly to hide car's age, plus it was a prezzie. It's H7ML V, which means nothing to anyone else except me (and it's meaning is the saddest thing ever!) haha :lol: