Why get a personalised number plate?

Rubber

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I kinda get the point of plates that use initials, but it's the ones that try and spell things that they clearly don't that irritate the living snot out of me. M33 EDJ I can just about live with, but N15 NMO? If you can't afford to do it properly, then don't do it at all and don't mis-space(or mis-washer) the bloody things either! That just looks utterly horrid to me.

Not trying to offend anyone, it's just a pet hate 'tis all. As long as you like it, then that's all that matters.

I shall still mock you for it though

Hi Iain's wife here, I just read this and feel singled out. N15 NMO was my idea and being a woman - I'M ALWAYS RIGHT!! and the number plate was a great idea in my opinion. I am pleased with it and what anyone else thinks is their opinion. Its a private plate, its a matter of choice not money. Mock all you like. Sarah

i remember i typed in my surname. and it came back with a result HAN50N which was amazing. and for £400. turned out it was on a moped and the bloke werent prepared to sell it.

Mothers!! :angry:

My cousin has got TO07ELL ...... guess what his/my surname is .............

The wife's got T200TYS and I've just bought T700TYS for the new car

and of course A7TAK is on my car cos I'm a premier league football player

i remember i typed in my surname. and it came back with a result HAN50N which was amazing. and for £400. turned out it was on a moped and the bloke werent prepared to sell it.

My cousin has got TO07ELL ...... guess what his/my surname is ...............

Is his name Tell Bond?

Is his name Tell Bond?

:lol::lol::lol:

Is his name Tell Bond?

where is all this witty banter coming from these days :lol:

Is his name Tell Bond?

where is all this witty banter coming from these days :lol:

Too much time on my hands the past few days mate. :lol: Back to work tomorrow though :headhurt:

I kinda get the point of plates that use initials, but it's the ones that try and spell things that they clearly don't that irritate the living snot out of me. M33 EDJ I can just about live with, but N15 NMO? If you can't afford to do it properly, then don't do it at all and don't mis-space(or mis-washer) the bloody things either! That just looks utterly horrid to me.

Not trying to offend anyone, it's just a pet hate 'tis all. As long as you like it, then that's all that matters.

Hi Iain's wife here, I just read this and feel singled out. N15 NMO was my idea and being a woman - I'M ALWAYS RIGHT!! and the number plate was a great idea in my opinion. I am pleased with it and what anyone else thinks is their opinion. Its a private plate, its a matter of choice not money. Mock all you like. Sarah

So you'd have chosen it even if N1 SMO was available? Of course you wouldn't. It's mispelt and looks daft if you've ever heard of Nismo, and just a mess if you haven't. Like you say though, it's your money and you're free to spend it how you wish of course. :)

So you'd have chosen it even if N1 SMO was available? Of course you wouldn't. It's mispelt and looks daft if you've ever heard of Nismo, and just a mess if you haven't. Like you say though, it's your money and you're free to spend it how you wish of course. :)

I've not been on this site before today but reply to Dan here: there is a difference between having an opinion and offending someone, yes, we would have chosen N1 SMO but it wasn't available, so we didn't and are very happy with what we have bought.

I've not been on this site before today but reply to Dan here: there is a difference between having an opinion and offending someone, yes, we would have chosen N1 SMO but it wasn't available, so we didn't and are very happy with what we have bought.

So then it clearly is about the money, along with choice. Not a problem, I'd have loved a more individual plate than I've got but of course money is an issue. Not really sure why it was claimed otherwise tbh. I always said that as long as you're happy that's all that matters.

Anyways, I'll leave now seeing as how clearly some people are taking offence over a non-issue here. Loves and kisses to all! :)

i'd like one with my initials on

You should have a look on the dvla site a nice one that hides the year of the car with initials start at £250... Unless your initials are jag or bad or something similar... Then you are screwed!

If your name is Charles Ulysses Muttonchops I would not advise one with initials though :surrender:

So then it clearly is about the money, along with choice. Not a problem, I'd have loved a more individual plate than I've got but of course money is an issue. Not really sure why it was claimed otherwise tbh. I always said that as long as you're happy that's all that matters.

Anyways, I'll leave now seeing as how clearly some people are taking offence over a non-issue here. Loves and kisses to all! :)

No not a money issue at all, that plate wasn't available, as I previously said. We CHOSE the plate cos we/I liked it. Sorry if I'm repeating myself here but you didn't read my last post properly. Yes we are happy and that is all that matters. Thanks for the confirmation of what I already knew.

Ps; there is a wider variety of the n15 plates avaliable if your interested???

Have a nice evening. Not loving you back though!

i'd like one with my initials on

Good idea Charles Ulysses Norman Trent :blush:

don't take offence Rich ..... just my idea of a joke

I'll get my coat

thats alright Dennis Ian colin Knight ;)

touche :band:

No not a money issue at all, that plate wasn't available, as I previously said. We CHOSE the plate cos we/I liked it. Sorry if I'm repeating myself here but you didn't read my last post properly. Yes we are happy and that is all that matters. Thanks for the confirmation of what I already knew.

Ps; there is a wider variety of the n15 plates avaliable if your interested???

Have a nice evening. Not loving you back though!

Maybe we can all play nicely together or not at all :doh::lol:

i think it comes down to personal choice.If you like it thats good enough for me.If you cant post something nice to say then just dont bother.Christ no need to go upsetting people.

I am sure that when i posted i had a new plate,someone thought it said boobs ?(remember Husky)

my plate is basically saying BOBS with fingers up to the world at either end imo. :lol:

V 80BS V

WORKS FOR ME AND HAPPY TO HAVE IT ON THE ZED.