Why get a personalised number plate?

Rubber

Funny this has come up really,

I was looking on a couple of websites yesterday and you can pre-order 2011 plates. I thought I would try a few for a laugh. Basically, you can have anything you want so long as it has xx11 xxx. This got me thinking, I tried BO11 OCK, but it wouldn't let me. I also tried SH11 HOT, but that one had already been taken. They had WW11 LLL, but that was over £1k!!! My favourite though was £899.... BA11BAG. There were a couple of others that were quite good though, ME11 AMO (me llamo) which to the non-Spanish speaking of you means "my name". This would make it the ultimate personal number plate for anyone Spanish. Everyone wants their name on their number plate right? Someone with more money than me please buy that one, I think it'll be worth a lot in the future...

http://www.regtransfers.co.uk/main/sear ... me11%20AMO

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

depends on what it says tbh;

really short ones on lambos etc fine,

funny ones fine,

simple ones fine,

ones that barely spell something with with bad spacing, bolts in the wrong place and a stupid font :thumbdown:

Honest opinion on mine bud?

Letter, number, my initials.... :blush:

seems simple enough it looks fine tbh, finishes the car nicely and i doubt it cost that much "voluntary car tax" to buy :)

Actually, does your car have to be newer than the plate? I'm confused now... :shrug:

Correcto........ you can't have a plate tht makes your car look younger than it is.........you also can't buy a plate that is offensive or tamper with the spacing blahblahblah to make it look like something it isn't

........so stop playing with your ballbag and get something normal ;)

I don't get it...what is the point in a personalised number plate? :shrug:

Ok, i can see the point in a plate with very few digits because it can look neater, but getting your name or initials across the front of your car - why? And some of these plates are very costly :scare:

Why not just get stickers with your name and paste them down the side of the car :lol:

Mine : V88REG

My dads old plate ..V8 (engine) 8 (series bmw) REG, his name. wanted it after he past away as a rememberance rather than to cover the age of my car. :byebye::)

Actually, does your car have to be newer than the plate? I'm confused now... :shrug:

Correcto........ you can't have a plate tht makes your car look younger than it is.........you also can't buy a plate that is offensive or tamper with the spacing blahblahblah to make it look like something it isn't

........so stop playing with your ballbag and get something normal ;)

Hehe, I was only looking, I don't really want one to be honest. Just a little intrigued as to what was available. Childish I guess. My friend (ish, he's a bit of a t!t) as an S2K and its plate is S200DU, like I said, he's a bit of a boob. :D

I've got my eyes on a plate with my initials. (proper spacing and lettering etc) £599 all inclusive of fees. A lot of dosh for being a poncy show off but doesn't stop me wanting it and restraining from buying one every time I sit down at my computer. I'm bad enough buying random stuff I don't need as it is, but the plate keeps on tempting me and tempting me!! :lol:

Private plates are for show offs, which is why we ALL want one :teeth:

Oh yeah, the old landlord of my local pub used to have 2 BMWs and their number plates were BMW 1 and BMW 2 I think. This was years and years ago though before anyone really cared. It's all getting a little out of hand now.

Ooh, my 100th post, what does that mean?

Oh yeah, the old landlord of my local pub used to have 2 BMWs and their number plates were BMW 1 and BMW 2 I think. This was years and years ago though before anyone really cared. It's all getting a little out of hand now.

Ooh, my 100th post, what does that mean?

I'm no pro, but I'm pretty sure it means you wrote around 99 posts previously...

:p:lol:

Private plates are for show offs, which is why we ALL want one :teeth:

And that ladies any gentlemen is the truest thing anyone can say about all this plate, modding, owning a 350Z or any other sports car for that matter........its all to show off and look a bit less ordinary

My take on the "purpose of life" is that you need to be as unordinary as you possibly can - working as an office drone, driving an average car, taking boring holidays, getting a mortgage and pumping all your money into a pension so that when your old and decrepit you'll be able to buy a real sweet Stannah stairlift - all should be avoided and your well boring if you do any of them!!!!!!

...........so I work in an office as a drone, pump cash into my pension, have 2 mortgages (both houses having sufficient wall space to install a Stannah), drive a diesel Lancer, last holiday was in some generic Cuban all inclusive s**thole............luckily the missus is a bit mental and so's her car - although I do have to drive around with the plate M111 NXA which is a bit Minx'ish makes me look like a raging iron. :blush:

What's FTW? Your initials ... DAVE? :shrug:

Seeing as it doesn't have a 'D' in it... or maybe I used to be 'Fiona' :lol:

In my case it is "For The Win" :teeth:

Can also stand for "F*** The World" :blush:

I think it is fairly subtle if you know what it means then it means something, otherwise it doesn't :wacko:

My 'Other' car has a personalised plate too :teeth:

It is a Leon FR

image.aspx?FR=OFR5%207EON&FR2=&RR=OFR5%207EON&RR2=&FT=Laser%20Charles%20Wright&FS=96&FH=0&FV=8&FC=000000&SL=&SF=&SS=&SC=000000&BD=N000000&BL=N&BR=N&CL=N&CR=N&BK=N&TP=S&BS=Y