chris84

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Q: How're you finding the snow

A: today i went out into the chilled white powder with a smile on my face. How am i finding it? Well, as i lay there making my snow angel staring into the morning sky, i noted how exhillarating it felt as it melted on my inbetweeny bits. I slid my arms and legs back and forth until my naked butt cheeks were nipping with the frosty grass. At that point i stared in wonder into the winter playground i would enjoy for the rest of the day :cloud9: I went in, put some clothes on and went to work knowing no one would be any the wiser to my morning frolicking in the lords dandruff.

A: today i went out into the chilled white powder with a smile on my face. How am i finding it? Well, as i lay there making my snow angel staring into the morning sky, i noted how exhillarating it felt as it melted on my inbetweeny bits. I slid my arms and legs back and forth until my naked butt cheeks were nipping with the frosty grass. At that point i stared in wonder into the winter playground i would enjoy for the rest of the day :cloud9: I went in, put some clothes on and went to work knowing no one would be any the wiser to my morning frolicking in the lords dandruff.

you shouldnt use the word naked and playground in the same paragraph lol :lol:

that was you on the police helicopter video this morning on BBC midlands :lol:

you shouldnt use the word naked and playground in the same paragraph lol :lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::cry::lol::lol::lol:

Hell no the Scottish are way better at handling the snow. Aberdeenshire usually gets snow at the end of July :lol: . It's been snowing quite heavy here but most people are going about their business.

Just drove back from Mannheim in Germany yesterday, probably the most ass-twitching drive ever. We were 4 up in my Audi A3, thank god it was Quattro, lane changes with slight twitches is not my idea of fun! That said, coming back to the UK where we bang on about snow is so annoying. I could go on a rant about this. Every year Scotland comes to a stand still with snow, you get it every bloody year, I would have thought they'd know what to do by now instead of flapping like a bunch of idiots (yes I know they get more snow than we do in the south). I just find it hard to understand how 4cm of snow is so news worthy that it seems that's all they talk about? Am I missing something?

Glad you both made it Will. :)

Just done my first ever journey in the snow with my zed, never ever again.....god i need a whiskey. I guess it just takes some getting used to rear wheel drive in the snow but jesus i felt so little in control. At least car and driver got home safe.

anyone else noticed that they are only moving the snow and not gritting it much.

+1 Too true Daood. Nearly every customer we had today said the same(in between asking if we had snow shovels/spades/sledges, after walking past about a dozen A3 posters telling them we have none in stock :bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang: ).Finished work at 8pm :thumbdown: walked over to Asda and as i was passing one of the plows was doing donuts in B&Qs car park :shrug: Plow blade up and no grit being dispensed. Seemed almost like he was trying to build up mileage/time without actually doing the job. Wish i'd taken photos/video

VERY poor show from Dundee council/Tayside contracts.

Not too bad here, just a couple of inches although its coming down hard now. The council can cope fairly easily with this amount, some villages around here are 1,000 feet up so and we do get heavy falls from time to time. The councils grit igloo is just up the road and large numbers of gritters are available, big salt mine 25 miles away in Cheshire too...of course, they never come down here, so our 200 yard long lane can get very tricky. Caroline reported that the main roads are fine just the footpaths are dodgy.

Pete

That really is shocking as it could be peoples lived on the line.

One of my employees went to the grit depot in Arbroath and asked for some they said no you can't have any. It was raining ands it's kept outside so the salt is being washed away!

When I'm driving home there is alot a black ice and people drive like loons. Take extra care peoples and triple your travel time. Go slow be safe I would hate for anyone to have even a small accident :)

anyone else noticed that they are only moving the snow and not gritting it much.

+1 Too true Daood. Nearly every customer we had today said the same(in between asking if we had snow shovels/spades/sledges, after walking past about a dozen A3 posters telling them we have none in stock :bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang: ).Finished work at 8pm :thumbdown: walked over to Asda and as i was passing one of the plows was doing donuts in B&Qs car park :shrug: Plow blade up and no grit being dispensed. Seemed almost like he was trying to build up mileage/time without actually doing the job. Wish i'd taken photos/video

VERY poor show from Dundee council/Tayside contracts.

Is it wrong that I saw the funny side to that? Lol wish u got a video

My Punto really struggled, we have an incline to our drive and I had to stop to open the gate, AND THEN! the car just wouldn't go anyway, slid down into the road nearly, had to wiggle my wheels to get some grip and then shot in the drive narrowly missing the fence post and my house - I WIN! :#1:

But yes.....a nice shot of Morgans was in order after my epic commute :drunk:

Although the roads here are on a par with the worst pics on here I have managed fine to commute. There was a lot more snow last night, around 6 inches I believe, to add to what we had already. I've run out of space to shovel it already.....

On another note though my awesome composite material snow shovel is getting admiring glances from all! :teeth: