How're you finding the Zed in the snow

chris84

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Having a larf with my neighbor last night, power-sliding and messing about in the road outside my house. :blush:

Came to pull up the drive (just up a kerb, nothing more of an incline) took me TWELVE attempts to get her back on the drive... :doh:

She will now be staying in the garage till this 'orrible snow goes! :yuck:

My village doesn't seem to exits on the maps the council use for gritter planning. :thumbdown:

I also stupidly parked at the side of a road with fairly steep camber and after 10 minutes of having the rear wheels constantly sucked towards the kerb I figured working from home was the better option.

Got about half and inch of snow.

The roads haven't been gritted and I managed to get about 20 yards up a very very slight incline before I gave up and shoved the car back in the garage. the 370 is cack in the snow...I don't remember my 350 being as bad??

Oh yes they are,couldnt get mine out the garage let alone on a road. Its now back in there and until it behaves it stays in there.

Now dont laugh but the wifes C1 is better in the snow than my Z. :lol:

We have utterly failed to get any snow in Devon :(

We're all looking forward to it, last year was a hoot with 460hp S15 and a smattering of MX5s :D We're all big kids when it comes to snow here, it's been forecast several times but never arrived :(

Anybody want to send some they dont want down our way? :D

We have utterly failed to get any snow in Devon :(

We're all looking forward to it, last year was a hoot with 460hp S15 and a smattering of MX5s :D We're all big kids when it comes to snow here, it's been forecast several times but never arrived :(

Anybody want to send some they dont want down our way? :D

Swap?

You can come up to Aberdeenshire (NE Scotland, it's been in the news this last week.....) and I'll go to Devon.

Oh also, just checked the local paper for snow pics. Not a single snow story on the website! :lol::lol::lol:

South and North Lanarkshire council have failed again to put any of the millions of tons of salt on any of their roads, useless, feckless and utterly abysmal. Haven't seen a gritter all day, and they aren't clearing the motorways either, never mind the MAIN routes through towns.

Fail, fail, fail! :rant:

If no one can get to work you cretinous arseholes, then we can't pay your wages :rant: Get round the feckin schemes, bunch of throbbers, same year on year :rant:

Absolute disgrace :boxing:

South and North Lanarkshire council have failed again to put any of the millions of tons of salt on any of their roads, useless, feckless and utterly abysmal. Haven't seen a gritter all day, and they aren't clearing the motorways either, never mind the MAIN routes through towns.

Fail, fail, fail! :rant:

If no one can get to work you cretinous arseholes, then we can't pay your wages :rant: Get round the feckin schemes, bunch of throbbers, same year on year :rant:

Absolute disgrace :boxing:

i just nearly ran into the rear of a bus going 5mph at the newhouse off slip... totally disasterous....

ill upload a pic that was from the m8 at bathgate about 1hr ago

heading to edinburgh

IMG_0487.jpg

decided to turn back

IMG_0488.jpg

out front of my house IMG_0484.jpg

Does anyone else get really annoyed at drivers who don't bother clearing snow off their lights or is it just me? Had a passat in front of me who stopped suddenly it was only when I got closer I saw the indicator on if the had any sense they woulda cleaned the lights before they set out

That really gets me annoyed too. We nearly ran into someone doing exactly the same thing yesterday. The snowy conditions don't really bother me too much - the problem is the number of a**holes on the roads who can't handle a car in the dry, never mind these conditions! :rant:

Does anyone else get really annoyed at drivers who don't bother clearing snow off their lights or is it just me? Had a passat in front of me who stopped suddenly it was only when I got closer I saw the indicator on if the had any sense they woulda cleaned the lights before they set out

That really gets me annoyed too. We nearly ran into someone doing exactly the same thing yesterday. The snowy conditions don't really bother me too much - the problem is the number of a**holes on the roads who can't handle a car in the dry, never mind these conditions! :rant:

+1, the number of numpties on the road seems to increase tenfold.

Just an update.

Had a foot of snow on the car and driveway this morning. Wiped it off the front and rear windows, started the car and off I went to work without any problems.

Started snowing heavy in Leeds early morning so the buses were stopping at lunch time. Everyone, and i mean everyone in Leeds centre decided to leave work early and head home before it got too deep for people to be able to move. Took my partner 2 hours to get home in her Ford KA because of traffic, took me 20 minutes because I took short cuts up the roads that most cars wouldn't be able to manage or people were too scared to use :lol:

Good old Scooby :p

PS. here I am playing in the snow last night

I think this thread should be renamed HOW ARE YOU FINDING THE ZED!

Agreed as finding the snow is pretty frickin easy![/quote

Im loving the piccys of the buried treasure! Especially alex's awesome images.

We could get some images of buried treasures and play guess whos car?>???

Just done my first ever journey in the snow with my zed, never ever again.....god i need a whiskey. I guess it just takes some getting used to rear wheel drive in the snow but jesus i felt so little in control. At least car and driver got home safe.

SNAP!!! :scare: I needed a bottle of the stuff!!! :lol: