How're you finding the Zed in the snow

chris84

Daood - you stalker :scare::lol: she's up the hill so I'm not tempted to even try and drive in the snow this year.

Dave - it was S-T-I-N-K-I-N-G :wacko:

:disguise:

Don't blame you tbh. In Arbroath it's warmer and all snow is melting and it's flooded all the roads. It's right next to the sea! :lol:

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No snow down in Bristol plus as an added bonus the Zed doesn't have a face only a mother could love. :boxing:

is that how it is... well i managed to use my sledge this year. wouldn't fit in the zeds sorry excuse for a boot last year, not that it mattered because the snow was deeper than the ground clearance :p

on a serious note though. loved the 350z and found it really hard to find an alternative that was a little more economical without losing the power. scooby is pushing 400bhp and still gets 28mpg around town, never managed to get the zed above 21mpg and that only ran 276bhp. Zed even hit single figures on a proper run :scare:

only problem is that i now have to refuse to give people lifts rather than them not asking :bang:

i was impressed with my powerslide parking manouvre this morning. :lol::teeth:

just pushed the throttle and brought the rear round nice through 90 degrees to bring the whole car to a stop in my parking space at work

twang, alloy ruined, biscuit cries :p;)

empty carpark nothing to hit ;)

thats pretty deep gentle!

iv left my zed at home since the weekend under a white cosy blanket. took my wifes trusty lil yaris in. i was on my way to work this morning, after an hour and a half travelling i was just past half way! most of my patients were cancelling anyway so i turned back and took the day off. stopped to take a few pics when i was heading against the traffic

cfef8215.jpg

1a3d9d2b.jpg

2a2f367c.jpg

43f80599.jpg

4bdfaf73.jpg

89676d36.jpg

f1054027.jpg

u can see my wee snow mobile in the background- never drive it without wearing a balaclava and thats not cos of the cold lol

great fun tho was drifting in 3 car parks last night, got a few funny looks in the last one :lol:

It's funny most people drive just the same on the clear bits although I'm sure i have felt black Ice and if I wasn't going slow then :byebye: . So most people drive past me where's it's clean but once it starts snowing or if the roads haven't been cleared then winter tyres come into their own. The hailstone ATM are so heavy and they cover the road swell but it's all good with winter tyres. As I usually come home about 4am the roads sometimes are terrible. They only seem to be cleared at 9/10pm or 5/6am so I'm in-between.

Also anyone else noticed that they are only moving the snow and not gritting it much. They was gritting slightly last night but it was -2c and I could swear it was spreading in stingy mode.

I wish I'd thought ahead and got winter tyres. Lesson learned for next year.

They haven't been moving the snow much here, they're gritting over the snow which seems to be worse. We now just have thick powdery snow mixed with grit which is just as slippy as snow on it's own.

Ben.

Have been enjoying using the 4x4 with winter tyres on this week and then the wife decides she's off on a family visit taking no notice of the road conditions and leaves me the trusty Z to get to the station.

Happy to report no problems other than a bit of sliding off the estate. More than could be said for a few cars all with better grip than the Z. Was tempted to pull up and take piccy next to the ditched car as 'snow scalps'. The ultimate would be a 4x4 left to the weather!

Does anyone else get really annoyed at drivers who don't bother clearing snow off their lights or is it just me? Had a passat in front of me who stopped suddenly it was only when I got closer I saw the indicator on if the had any sense they woulda cleaned the lights before they set out

Just drove back from Mannheim in Germany yesterday, probably the most ass-twitching drive ever. We were 4 up in my Audi A3, thank god it was Quattro, lane changes with slight twitches is not my idea of fun! That said, coming back to the UK where we bang on about snow is so annoying. I could go on a rant about this. Every year Scotland comes to a stand still with snow, you get it every bloody year, I would have thought they'd know what to do by now instead of flapping like a bunch of idiots (yes I know they get more snow than we do in the south). I just find it hard to understand how 4cm of snow is so news worthy that it seems that's all they talk about? Am I missing something?

Just drove back from Mannheim in Germany yesterday, probably the most ass-twitching drive ever. We were 4 up in my Audi A3, thank god it was Quattro, lane changes with slight twitches is not my idea of fun! That said, coming back to the UK where we bang on about snow is so annoying. I could go on a rant about this. Every year Scotland comes to a stand still with snow, you get it every bloody year, I would have thought they'd know what to do by now instead of flapping like a bunch of idiots (yes I know they get more snow than we do in the south). I just find it hard to understand how 4cm of snow is so news worthy that it seems that's all they talk about? Am I missing something?

4cm?? ive 18 inches in my driveway and its still hammering down now!

Lol@ Craig and the dog- I'm not proud that I was driving a yaris... But when I do at least I have electric windows and mirrors, cd player, digital speedo and cup holders in a car that's done less than 20k in four yrs and above all it's not French!!! Lol

Hope everythings ok Neil

Today is the first day we've had snow round my end.....

...... and today is the first day I'm stuck.

Even with 150Kg of sand and grit salt in the boot it still won't go anywhere so I've taken a snow day and been snowboarding :thumbs:

Can't be wasting these opportunities!