11am silence

Husky

We all downed tools on our site and took off hard hats for the 2 minutes, was a nice touch to see about 200 men all showing respect even the foreigners :thumbs:

The foreigners fought the same war we did mate but I know what you mean. Unfortunately I was stuck on the phone in work at the time and feel bad for not observing it!

350ash just told me they hung up on a conference call with germans to observe it...

I was hoping the call would have finished by then but it had dragged on a bit so I just said it was Remembrance day, we have a 2 minute silence, we'll ring them back. It's the least we can do to show some respect.

Makes you wonder what those boys who gave their lives would think of the world we have created and the utter ridiculousness of the world in general.

I believe we had some beautiful scenes of various arseholes burning poppies and holding banners saying 'British Soldiers Burn in Hell' whilst the British Police protected them from any violent retrobution.

At 28 years old I feel very world worn at times! :headhurt:

Yep, here is how some "British" Muslims observed the minutes silence.

I've had one too many beers to post how I feel about this having two grandfathers who fought in the war. At least the one saving grace of watching the only one left alive live out his days in a home not even remembering his sons (my father) name, is that he won't be able to understand these scenes on the tv and see the respect shown for the "free" society he fought for.

If Hitler had won these idiots would most probably not have been born, as after the poor Jewish nation, the Muslims would have been next off for a "shower".

I'll stop now as I'm on danger of going off on a propper rant. Save to say I find it pathetic that these peole were not arrested for inciting racial hatred immediately. If I burnt a Koran and shouted death to Muslim troops, do you think I'd be protected by a ring of police or taken away in a van?...

A little story to let you know how I feel.

I was a civvy attached to 460 port troop RCT in the Falklands after the conflict. We went on a bimble to Bluff cove one day, there were about 8 of us in a lwb landrover. The tracks were rough and it was great fun getting there.

When we arrived we strolled down to the beach and I noticed a small monument. Several of the RCT guys had been there on a very sad day and stood recalling events from that day.

To say I had a lump in my throat would be an understatement.

I have a tremendous respect for all who have and still do serve. Anyone who disrespects a brief moment like todays is a disgrace.

Makes you wonder what those boys who gave their lives would think of the world we have created and the utter ridiculousness of the world in general.

I believe we had some beautiful scenes of various arseholes burning poppies and holding banners saying 'British Soldiers Burn in Hell' whilst the British Police protected them from any violent retrobution.

At 28 years old I feel very world worn at times! :headhurt:

Some similar arseholes here in Scotland last weekend :rant::rant::rant::rant:

As a serving soldier it drives me mad. The country is so afraid of upsetting anyone not British. If that was soldiers burning afgan flags we would be locked up and made an example off in front off everyone. Roll on afgan again hope I can wipe out thousands of the extremists.

I know I have said very strong words but having served abroad quite a few times they are happy to have the benefits but not stand by the nations soldiers that pays and protects them

Yep, here is how some "British" Muslims observed the minutes silence.

I've had one too many beers to post how I feel about this having two grandfathers who fought in the war. At least the one saving grace of watching the only one left alive live out his days in a home not even remembering his sons (my father) name, is that he won't be able to understand these scenes on the tv and see the respect shown for the "free" society he fought for.

If Hitler had won these idiots would most probably not have been born, as after the poor Jewish nation, the Muslims would have been next off for a "shower".

I'll stop now as I'm on danger of going off on a propper rant. Save to say I find it pathetic that these peole were not arrested for inciting racial hatred immediately. If I burnt a Koran and shouted death to Muslim troops, do you think I'd be protected by a ring of police or taken away in a van?...

"british troops burn in hell"

:surrender:

From what I could see, no one was forcing them to stay in this country..............

Just remember to take your poppies off after Sunday, short sharp reminder, that's what it's designed for.

The pop at the muslims is unfounded, a minority of misguided individuals is not what reprisents a cognisive or indeed a persuasive argument, the same as the malcontents at Celtic park on Saturday.

Let's not let this thread degenerate into a rant.

God bless all who sacrificed their lives so we can say what we want on places such as this.

WO1 Kelly RE (clue)

As a serving soldier it drives me mad. The country is so afraid of upsetting anyone not British. If that was soldiers burning afgan flags we would be locked up and made an example off in front off everyone. Roll on afgan again hope I can wipe out thousands of the extremists.

I know I have said very strong words but having served abroad quite a few times they are happy to have the benefits but not stand by the nations soldiers that pays and protects them

The idiots in Scotland were not foreigners thats what really pisses me off :rant::rant:

Anyways much respect to you and all our armed forces :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

It's a fair point that this is only a minority - you can't tar all Muslims with the same brush the same way every German wasn't a Nazi.

Seems a sad world though where you cant even show respect for 2 minutes people who gave their lives so that a fascist dictator didn't conquer the world.