Grrrrrr, I hate Cats, Help!

genghis199

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can get a cat scarer on ebay.

It connects to a domestic hose and works with a PIR, like an alarm sensor.

When the PIR detects movement it sends a small, and noisy jet of water about 20 feet, over a wide radius.

The cats soon 'learn'

Easy, fill a couple of empty 2 litre plastic bottles, half full with water. Leave them close to the car somewhere.

Cats don't do water so tend to stay clear. Doing that has stopped the local boys crapping in my garden. :yahoo:

Try it, you will be surprised. Just remember to remove the labels from the bottles. They like coke I think :lol:

Easy, fill a couple of empty 2 litre plastic bottles, half full with water. Leave them close to the car somewhere.

Cats don't do water so tend to stay clear. Doing that has stopped the local boys crapping in my garden. :yahoo:

Try it, you will be surprised. Just remember to remove the labels from the bottles. They like coke I think :lol:

i'm reading this while watching one of my cats with its head in the large bucket having a drink out of it in my garden :lol:

i'm reading this while watching one of my cats with its head in the large bucket having a drink out of it in my garden :lol:

Well thats that theory out of the window!!!!! :doh:

Why not try parking maybe further away or in a different position so they go off and try something else. A change of habit is all it takes.

:teeth:

or maybe just up sticks overnight and move somewhere where there are no cats at all?

Honestly...i know some of you are cat lovers, i grew up with cats as pets too but quite honestly they are a bloody

nuisance because their owners cannot control them in quite the same way as they can dogs - generally speaking,

and it does make my blood boil if i see them sitting on my car too. Funnily enough it never seems to happen to the

actual cat owners themselves but usually the neighbours!

Whilst I don't advocate shooting or maiming cats (although i'm sure that was a tongue in cheek remark from the OP)

i have seen a sharp boot up the jacksie work on a lot of cats, orsimply chase them away.

Seems somehow innapropriate that a car owner should have to take any of these ridiculous steps mentioned just

to avoid their cars being damaged or dirtied by neighbours cats.

Citronella Oil. Mix with water and spray around car and flower bed, that will do the trick, done it with my garden and keeps them off. Failing that paracetamol helps too.

Do what i do, collect the cat crap and take it back to the owners garden and tip it over their grass. It really annoyes them but they get the fricking point to keep the vermin indoors.

I think cat haters may get a hard time on this forum :)

for the record

I love dogs ..................................... 'specially big ones

and extra'specially labs

Why not get a dog? Cats won't be around to your house then!!!

As for people not agreeing with spraying cats with water - can't see why not. I'm sure they'll get the message pretty quickly and it won't do them any harm???

(For the record we have x2 cats and x2 German Shepherds so I do like animals. Wouldn't tolerate the cats walking around on the car though - they'd get turfed off pretty sharpish and shouted at!!!)

Like said some citrus stuff in the borders is good.

Unless he is this cat - he laughs in the face of limes :lol:

cat_fruit_hat.jpg

:lol::lol:

apparently Lion wee or dung is good at keeping cats out. they think its a bigger cats territory and stay away.

or this cat who has an identity crisis lol

get-in-car-am-lion.jpg

I have two cats and they are my girls...if anyone even looked at them the wrong way I would have serious words; if someone threatened them I would kick their head in & if anyone tried something like a pot shot with an air rifle....well put it like this, I may shortly be up on a man slaughter charge.

Has no-one realised the obvious? The originally described cat clearly has good taste and is merely protecting or guarding your car.....no-one will ever attempt stealing a car with a cat asleep on it

You should actually be thanking your new friend!!!

why dont you do one of the following

1. go round your neighbours house and sleep on their car, feeling free to stretch if required

2. buy a larger cat (because you can specify size...) and give it a treat everytime it guards your car

:thumbs:

I have the same problem myself.. 3 cats in the street (At least) and there's one on my bonnet most evenings.

I find a mug of water thrown in their direction (obviously not the mug itself though lol) gets rid of them.. Im hoping they will learn over time.

Wondering if its possible to hook my bonnet up to the battery lol

If I find out who cats they are I may go sit my dog on their car bonnet :thumbs:

Cats can actually be trained, my cats don't jump on worktops and specific items of furniture and are not allowed in bedrooms. All I have to do is look at them in a certain way and clap my hands loudly and they know the score! They don't sleep on cars either - although they have a cat flap and access to their own cosy bed so I wonder if the cat on your car doesn't have free access to the house? Might be worth checking with the owner. :thumbs:

Always an akward situation cats are, as lots of people love them, lots hate them and if you are somewhere in the middle it can be akward with people telling you to bb them etc.. then you hear sad storries of people with one eyed cats etc...

One good solution is to put those fence spikes round your back garden fence as thats often where they come in. Also use ground pepper... and if all that fails get a rescue grey hound, a friend for life who will never let a cat walk on your turf again!!

If anyone want's the shoot cats or poison them or generally be cruel then I will be first to deck them. I'm sure there would be an orderly queue behind me too if they could get up.

Be careful with spraying them when on the car as if they get frightened the claws come out - it's a reaction!

Glad to see so many cat lovers on a forum, i keep Siamese cats and mine can't even get out of the garden let alone sleep on anyones car, i am also inclined to think they would need to have some pretty serious claws to scratch well cured lacquer.

Anyway Citronella Oil will discourage them, other than that a water pistol will, but if you get a clever one it will come back just to **** you off :lol:

Oh! and i will also be at the front of the voluntary manslaughter Que should anyone feel violently inclined toward one ;)

I found a cat sat sunbathing on my roof yesterday morning. But by the time i'd got my gun it had gone.

I spent £350 getting the paint work corrected on my car last month and it now has little marks on it from cats and cat hairs all over my roof (convertible).

Is the owner going to pay to get my car fixed

No

Are they coming to come round everyday and sort all the mess in garden out

No

My car is my pride and joy and it takes a load of money and time to keep it running and looking good. So I don't have a problem at all putting one between the eyes of someone's pet.

To all the cat owners here - If I slept on your car and then shat on your patio (every single day) you wouldn't be very impressed would you!

• 2 months later...
Citronella Oil. Mix with water and spray around car and flower bed, that will do the trick, done it with my garden and keeps them off. Failing that paracetamol helps too.

Do what i do, collect the cat crap and take it back to the owners garden and tip it over their grass. It really annoyes them but they get the fricking point to keep the vermin indoors.

Paracetmol is lethal to cats!!! :scare:

I found a cat sat sunbathing on my roof yesterday morning. But by the time i'd got my gun it had gone.

I spent £350 getting the paint work corrected on my car last month and it now has little marks on it from cats and cat hairs all over my roof (convertible).

Is the owner going to pay to get my car fixed

No

Are they coming to come round everyday and sort all the mess in garden out

No

My car is my pride and joy and it takes a load of money and time to keep it running and looking good. So I don't have a problem at all putting one between the eyes of someone's pet.

To all the cat owners here - If I slept on your car and then shat on your patio (every single day) you wouldn't be very impressed would you!

Well your a f*cking tosser then and I hope you slip in said cat @*!# and land face first :rant: and every cat in your neighbourhood is sat rubbing their arses on your roof watching and laughing when it happens :lol: