The day you woke up to collect your new zed

Anubis

As title says really. These cars have that magic something that turns us back into 5 year olds on Xmas Eve, so was wondering what everyone's experience was when collecting your zed.

> Was it a sudden purchase only a week or so back or did you long to own one for years?

> Could you sleep the night before?

> Did you wake up earlier than you would normally?

> What did you do in the morning and what were your feelings (anxious, excited, worried, etc)?

> What were your feelings collecting it in person and sitting behind the wheel knowing it's yours for the first time?

> Did you go out for hours of driving straight away or did you go back home to admire it in peace?

> Did you go straight to a family or friends house and give loved ones a quick blast?

> Was it your first sports car? If not, which experience was the most memorable? The first one or your zed?

> Do you remember others pointing and giving you the thumbs up or taking pics for the first time?

Everyone will no doubt share the same feelings of happiness - but what was your personal experience like? :)

> Was it a sudden purchase only a week or so back or did you long to own one for years?

always wanted one since they came out, remember one going past me once full beans and me and my mate shouted, NOW THATS A PROPER CAR :teeth::teeth:

i had driven 330 miles to get to my mum and dads and had another 80 miles to cover so i was shattered :lol:

was booked in to go see it so dragged a friend along nice and early

> What did you do in the morning and what were your feelings (anxious, excited, worried, etc)?

i was pleading that, having driven so far it would be a good one :dummy:

> What were your feelings collecting it in person and sitting behind the wheel knowing it's yours for the first time?

loved it :teeth: remember thinking everything was so much better than my focus st, had some soul!!

> Did you go out for hours of driving straight away or did you go back home to admire it in peace?

i got to enjoy 410 miles of it on the first day :lol:

> Did you go straight to a family or friends house and give loved ones a quick blast?

had my friend in the car to blast them home :thumbs:

> Was it your first sports car? If not, which experience was the most memorable? The first one or your zed?

not my first sports car. tbh i have to say my mitsubishi gto was and always will be my most memorable! :teeth: it was a bag of bolts and loud as hell but loved every second in it without question!

> Do you remember others pointing and giving you the thumbs up or taking pics for the first time?

i think it was when i was in convoy with rich5259 on the way to my first meet and a guy sped up alongside to give me the thumbs up :yahoo: apart from meets no one has taken piccys :shrug: maybe when it less standard :D

now i find every time theres a tiny bit of dry road i get a huge smile but by far the best thing is you bunch of crazies :#1:

the day i picked up the Zed was amazing. i couldnt sleep the night before and i couldnt get there fast enough!! i had to wait a few weeks though as the garage hadnt done a few things what i asked them the first time i went to pick it up.

i have had 2 or three people looking and given the thumbs up when i drove past.

i took it to my sisters and gave it a good old rash!!

it is my first coupe sport car and i love it to bits.

all in all i am so happy with the zed its amazing!!!!!!

Mine was an impulse purchase. I was bored one day with the girl I was seeing, and we decided to go test drive a few cars. Only ended up test driving one!

Decided there and then I wanted the Zed, so had 2 garages bid to give me the best trade in price for my Rex.

The night before I picked her up was a nightmare! I had been away on holiday in Cyrpus, and landed in Manchester at 2300 on the Saturday! I was due to pick up my brand new car on Sunday at 9am! and still had the 3 hour drive home to do. Typically I wasnt driving, and the lad who was is the worlds slowest driver! All i wanted to do was get home and get to bed.

Got home about 3am in the end, hardly slept at all, got showered and dressed, and went to pick my mum up (she was as excited as me lol)

Drove through to the garage, and I was given the special treatment and they had opened specially just for me to collect my car (a small family run place that has since went bust).

Was given the chance to go over my new car with a fine tooth comb in their detailing garage under bright lights.

I had already seen her once, on the day she was delivered to the garage 2 weeks prior. But she was still coated in all the travel wax gunk etc. So seeing her all shiny under lights was awesome.

I jumped in, backed her out of the garage, and have loved every minute since.

7 days later I was at ESR buying an exhaust and spoiler! lol. And so began the love affair.

I nearly bought a Z on 3 different attempts and finally couldn't hold back any longer. The last of the 350's were going fast (No Pun) so it was a now or never situation. I bought mine from a showroom photograph, brandnew and sat waiting for me in London.

I collected my Z a year ago tomorrow. I slept little and woke early to catch a train form Yorkshire to that there London.

I had a first class ticket, paid for by the Dealership and I was off to kings cross. Nice trip down and then on to the tube. I was met by the Saleman at the station who drove me to the Dealership.

He Said "Your car is in the garage near the showroom being fuelled up and we might pass in on the way", but better than that as we got to the petrol station my Z was just leaving and pulled out in front of me. The sun was shining and all I could think was "God that's bright". The Salesman (Omar) said "Well they'll see you coming in that mate"

The experience could not have been better. With the paperwork done and my bank account empty I went to check out my Z. The Dealership gave me front mats and threw in a boot mat and even a Tonneau cover,gratis. They said this was the last 350 they would see and I might as well have the bits as they were on it, with it being the showroom car.

with everything done I sat in my Z and programmed the Satnav for home, full tank of fuel and the biggest grin in the world, with 200 miles to go. I was off.

The sun was out and I could not have been happier. People looked and some waved and in the inevitable M1 jam Igot looks and thumps up. I couldn't stop laughing and thinking this was a happy car what with the loud paint job and all (dopey I know), but thats the reaction I got. I know the colour is not to everyone's taste, but I love it.

I went straight to my Girlfriends work and showed her my new pride and joy. Then home.

Without doubt one of my best days. :teeth:

DSC_0149JPGa.jpg

> Was it a sudden purchase only a week or so back or did you long to own one for years? Thought about it for 6 months weighing up lots of different cars, settled on the zed

> Could you sleep the night before? Yes, kind of, i was still on my honeymoon

> Did you wake up earlier than you would normally? Nope i'm a heavy sleeper

> What did you do in the morning and what were your feelings (anxious, excited, worried, etc)? had the 3 S's ate brekkie, watched TV the usual's

> What were your feelings collecting it in person and sitting behind the wheel knowing it's yours for the first time? Got it delivered, never driven that one before, felt good though, you know the same kind of feeling of proudness after letting off a really big fart when your on your own

> Did you go out for hours of driving straight away or did you go back home to admire it in peace? Nope, took it for a 10 min spin, then went out for the evening had no tax, so had to wait to sort it out.

> Did you go straight to a family or friends house and give loved ones a quick blast? nope it had no tax

> Was it your first sports car? If not, which experience was the most memorable? The first one or your zed? 4th sports car, all been good, Picking up my MR2 Roadster was probably my most memorable, but this is a better car

> Do you remember others pointing and giving you the thumbs up or taking pics for the first time? no, its only a zed, get alot more attention now i've played around with it.

Had to wait from Easter until September 1st, so if anybody thinks a couple of weeks is a long time .... Went and picked it up in my lunchtime, then had to sit and look out the window at work for the whole afternoon. Got to take my son out for a run on the evening but was running it in, and getting used to it, so was a bit sedate really. Still get a thrill when I look out the window, when its clean, and the sun is shining off the paintwork.

I remember picking mine up in Manchester and had to drive it all the way back home in Sussex. First petrol garage I stopped at in Manchester and my car got so many looks. It was really clean and polished! And on the way home stopped in Bristol and when I (and my gf) were driving through a main high street a girl commented quite loudly how she "luurved that car" and pointed (as I drove past her with window half open which was how we heard her). But it gets looks all the time. On the day of the purchase I was more worried than excited because I had had such bad customer service at the Nissan dealer up there a couple of weeks prior to picking it up so come the day of collection I was waiting for something else to go wrong but wanted it to all be perfect (since it was a lot of money!). Thankfully it went "ok" (but won't go into details about how bad they were prior to that, that is on another of my posts). But the drive home from Manchester, stopping off in Bristol and Bath too was excellent. I'd never experienced a car where you could literally cruise at 70ish in 6th and put your foot down and it would pull you back into the seat (most cars you have to be at slower speeds in lower gears, not so with the Z). Definitely a good purchase so far.

I decided I wanted one as soon as I saw a picture and read the figures and because both my boys had EVOs and were taking the p!$$

Can't remember

Can't remember (it was 6 years ago)

Can't remember (it was SIX YEARS AGO)

Can't remember (IT WAS SIX YEARS AGO)

Can't remember (IT WAS FRIGGIN' SIX YEARS AGO)

Do me a favour

Ahhh, this I can remember .... my first sports car was a beautiful midnight blue E-type with tinted windows, chrome wires and Dunlop thin white wall tyres and I'm afraid to say that this was more memorable even though the Jag is not a patch on the Z imo

I remember seeing the Jag parked under the neon lights on the high street whilst I was getting a takeaway one evening, it looked absolutely stunning and I couldn't believe that, as a 28 year old, I owned such a fabulous car ............ now I have had the Z for six years and I get the same feeling of not being worthy every day of my life

:drive1:drive1:drive1

i was after a new car for a while and initially i wanted an alfa romeo brera, i always liked the zed but i thought it would be out of my budget and i wouldnt be able to insure it, i had a look at them on autotrader one day just out of curiosity and i was surprised! they were alot cheaper than i thought and also the insurance was cheaper than the alfa so i was sold! got one a few weeks later!

Nope, not a wink!

i dont think i slept! i remember being awake at least and hour before my alarm went off! i had to travel about 150 miles to get it!

rediculously anxious

ecstatic

i had to drive for about 2 hours to get it home! i was scared s***less by the amount of fuel we went through though! :scare:

went and showed my dad!

yep first proper sports car, i was shocked as to how it pulled through the gears and also the noise!

yeah i was sitting in a traffic jam a couple of days later on the way home from work and i noticed at least 5 different cars all staring at it!

I was looking for a Zed for about 6 months before I actually bought one ...

I don't think I slept much the night before and was definitely awake before my alarm went off that day ... I was feeling a little worried on the day as I didn't want anything to ruin it ...

It felt kind of surreal once I had the paper work out of the way and had the keys in my hand ... I was a little dazzed a didnt know what to do next .. LoL

I had to drive the Zed back home from Essex so I had a 100 or so miles to get used to it ... once I got it home I just parked it up and just stood and admired it for a while with a few mates ... then I went out for a long drive on my own ...

It wasn't my first sports car as owned an FTO for the 3 years pervious .. but it is definitely the best by far!

I remember filling up my car at the petrol station the day after I bought it ... and there was a few guys in a car next to me to who shouted "nice car mate!" It was a great feeling ... I remember thinking this is probably going to happen a lot .. LoL

Looked for about three months.....dithered at M3s and RX8s but always returned to the Zed...........had a near miss with a mint Kuro in Manchester but duff paperwork then mine popped up on PH one night -down in Southend - I was the first to call and pestered the poor bloke solidly for a week - asked my Dad to go have a quick squiz at it to check was as good as it sounded then flew down south..........stayed with a friend in St Albans - didn't sleep a wink was :bounce: around at 6am - then went and did the deal ........I was completely shell shocked :blink: once the paperwork was done and then drove from Essex to Rugby then back up to Scotland :teeth::drive1 It is my first sports car...waited long enough for it :lol: A week later passed KObi in Leuchars and we both :wave::teeth: - that was when I realised the extent of our wee online comunity here :thumbs:

Had a dream about one, checked insurance, bought car - complete impulse purchase :teeth:

I went out the night before to run out the petrol in the car I was trading in so got back late after giving it a good final runout

Nope

Excited but soon turned to annoyance when I had to wait around for about 3hours because my car wasn't ready on time :rant:

First thing I did was wind the window down, it was a cold November afternoon but I had to listen to the noise

Drove it home to drop my dad off & then took it around some mates & family houses

same as above

Yup

Not really while it was standard, once I started adding my own touches then people started to notice it more

History:

Mine started out 6 or so years ago - but not in zed form.

I actually got to sit in and have a ride in a Skyline R34 Nur spec (only 1 of 2 in the UK at the time) :cloud9: . It had ALL the Nismo goodies on it and cost a fortune - well over £60k (infact, there are pictures of it on the Internet). Any who, when stopped at the lights in the passenger seat (me knowing nothing about cars at the time) was stunned by how much reaction it got - people stood with their phones out, some even coming over to stroke it (a little odd, but it was stunning and my god it was a beast). Loads of people around me were stopping what they were doing because of this car I was sitting in. Was an amazing feeling - and my god it was fast (550BHP i think)!

What's this got to do with me getting my zed? Well, I kept harping on to my poor family about Skylines non stop it drove them insane. I realised by making insurance quotes that it will be a dream for a good few years before I even get quoted let alone a good quote on one. Then one day my mate said "what about a 350z?"...

I started to take an interest in zeds since the Skyline option went out the window (i'm sure it will be back in a few years) and came across this forum through research. :thumbs: Every day looking through the "cars for sale" section, dreaming I had saved up enough cash to buy one. I already been through the experience of getting a loan for a car and for me it kinda ruined it - knowing every month a few hundred goes out to the bank, so I told myself if I wanted one so badly I had to prove it by saving it up first and buying it outright.

I worked pretty much flat out for about a year (even to the point of not buying "posh sandwiches" during lunch) and the final day arrived. I found Nismo Dave advertising the beauty I have now (and thanks to you lot, I've spent thousands more modding it! lol).

On the day:

I couldn't get to sleep. I'd never owned a car this big or powerful before and things like "what if I crash or slide" kept going through my head (forever the optimist, lol). I had my eye on Nismo Dave's zed for a good month or so thinking "why is no one buying such an immaculate car?!" - I took the plunge. :)

I had put a deposit down for Dave without even seeing the zed so he knew not to sell it other than to me. All I had to go on were 10 or so pictures from this forum. He was all the way down in Devon, and I am 40 miles north of London! Was a bricking it? Yes and some. I was about to spend around 1 years constant saving and budgeting on something I've never seen in real life. I had test driven another though from Nissan a couple of weeks before, so knew if it was the right car for me.

Took the train all the way down (about 3-4 hours I think), whilst my girlfriend next to me is asking me questions like "ohh-did you see that castle". I was a bit pre-occupied with sweaty palm syndrome at the time and couldn't care less even if martians were outside. :lol: (I did apologise to her after I got the car though).

Got outside from the station and started wondering around looking for a bright blue Nismo azure - and there it was tucked away from us with cars parked all around it. I walked up to it and saw a bearded man (older than me) sitting in it - this was Nismo Dave. I did think "er...what if he thinks I'm just some stupid young'en trying to buy his pride and joy" - had to admit Nismo Dave looked a little scarey for the first 5 seconds until I knocked on the window and said hello.

Eventually it turns out Dave was one of the nicest blokes I've met. Really honest, knew loads about the car and even said "sorry if its a bit dirty" - (er...you what?! It's spotless). :)

Only two seats, so had to leave girlfriend in the local town place with the station, whilst I drove the zed a few miles to the bank to transfer funds (god it felt huge reversing from the bay first time. I was so scared of pushing my foot down a little too hard and hitting something - and it wasnt my car yet!)

Had a good old chat about cars and thankfully Dave gave me loads of tips and knew loads about the car and its history. Went to his house and signed paperwork and that was that.

Sad watching a man wave goodbye, whilst I drove away his pride and joy but I promised I'd look after it like a baby and have done ever since. :)

On the way back to the station to get my girlfriend (who had now been waiting for 1.5 hours god bless her), I stop at some lights. Hot sunny day in May, put the windows down with HUGE grin on my face (couldn't believe i'd finally got a dream car of mine) and a clio pulls up with man and wife. Man revs. He revs some more. I sit there waiting for green. Another clio rev. "Oh wait! He wants me to rev! aha!" I put my foot down for a lovely howl and made them both giggle like little girls and I knew, this car was going to attract awesome attention.

On way home, stopped to fill her up and some blokes commented on it as well and started taking photos. It doesn't stop... :D

Yes, sudden, was going to buy an E30 and do something special with it but realised I'm fed up of messing around with old cars.

Like a log.

Yes, because I had to figure out how the hell to pay for the car as internet banking has a 10k limit on transfers.

Worried that I wouldn't be able to transfer the cash and the car would sell.

Buzzing although the traffic on the A27 was murder as it was closed due to an accident, nothing like learning some clutch control straight away, although it didn't feel like my car.

Got home at night and had to go straight out for a party.

My old man followed me home after buying it so he saw it straight away. Showed the missus who got white face paint stuff all over the black seats as it was halloween!

Really, yes.

That hasn't happened that I know of.

I looked at various zed's on here, and pistonheads for a year before I bought mine, and I bought mines off an owner on here that was local.

I couldn't sleep for the whole week before it :lol:

Nope, I had set my alarm for 7am, to give me time to get ready to go to the bank.

Pretty relaxed

It felt amazing driving it away listening to the lovely noise off it, I was not used to the heavy clutch though.

I got stuck in a traffic jam on the motorway for nearly 2 hours on the way home. (35 minute journey)

I took my brothers out for a spin in it and parked it up for the night :)

Yup

Yes. My first weekend of ownership, as I was getting into my car, a guy was out walking his dog, and said "lovely car mate". I was chuffed to say the least! Also, the woman at my work told me it was a nice Porsche I had?? :wacko:

I also had an elderly pensioner give me the thumps up as he was crossing the road at traffic lights last week. He stood right infront of my car, gave me the thumbs up and said "lovely". :blush:

:blush:

Had had a bottle of wine or two and was bidding on the Z and an RX8...

Slept like a log until the Japanese guy called me at 6 O'clock in the morning telling me I won it..

See answer above

Took a taxi to the custom clearance place got a lift with them to the docs. WELL EXITED at this stage :clap:

UPSET at first, they had (people on the docks) put a note on the window saying the window doesn't stay up on the drivers side (was 1/2 down) and it was lashing rain!

Had 1 grace day to pay the VRT over here so with 9k bankdraft I went straight there and Q'd for hours... :blink:

VRT office....

It's the 1st :yahoo:

Possibby the coppers outside the VRT office with Jap plates on her? :lol:

All the bad points of me picking the car up was quickly gone once I turned the key and took her for a :drive1:drunk::evil:

Was meant to be buying a Peugeot 307CC, had even bought the CC05 PUG plate when put on sale on 1st Dec 2004. Then I was talking to Neo who had bought a coupe. Got a test drive in a coupe early January, put down the £2k deposit for the Roadster in January 2005 with delivery due around 15 months later . Then put the CC05 PUG plate on ebay :lol: . Then the car turned up on 31st March 2005 over 1 year early .

A little less than normal.

No. I don't waken easily.

I went to Glasgow Caledonian University for the day as part of a work thing. Had to ask to leave an hour early to go home 35 miles and see if the postie had delivered by Esure insurance certificate that the dealer needed to tax the car. He had so it was another 20 mile drive to the dealer.

When I got there, they had stuck it on the path at the front doors presumably to tempt other customers to buy one.

I stopped by at my mum and dads to let them see it and surprise them as I had managed somehow to keep quiet about it turning up over 1 year early. I then took it home, left it outside for 15 mins to let the neighbours have a stare then went back out in it :lol:

See above.

Yes

Car turned heads everywhere you went. 350Z's were very rare back then. Roadsters just weren't around and even still are pretty rare where I live.

I always loved the zed and when my 21st bday came close my parents asked me what car I would like for it. (Lucky i know) So i said i loved the 350z. Made a liste of 350z, z4 or old 3 series. I got the zed woohooo

I couldnt sleep a wink as I didnt know what car I would be getting :blush:

I actually slept pretty late as i was up half the night wide awake, thinking of what car I was getting lol

Ran down the stairs like a big kid to find my parents sitting waiting on me danggling keys. When i saw the key i thought ohh sh!t its not the zed as surely that wont be its key :lol::blush:

First thing I did was start her up and listen to the purrrrrrrrrrr of the engine, then press buttoms to see what they all did :lol:

Took it out for a drive straight away in my boxers and t shirt :lol: and was away for about an hour. Came back, jumped into the shower and straight out to show the zed to the lads.

Straight to friends house then went to the mrs.

First sports car, last car was a 1.4 focus :drive1:lol:

I saw people trying to work out what it was lol and in disbelieve that it had a nissan badge. Then once i modded it, gets pics taken and thumbs up all the time B)