Memory Lane: Post up your old car pics here

stanski

Due to a hard drive failure a few years back i don't have any decent pics but I found these on facebook!

ka_ring.jpg

ka_ring_fix.jpg

This was my first car and I spent a lot on that car, almost didn't get rid of it, was going to put a 2L focus angine in it, but I brought a focus instead :/ (hated it within a month)

To give an idea of how carried away I tend to get with mods..

Coilovers,

TSW alloys

Break upgrade

Front + rear strutbraces

Poly-urethane bushes

Backbox + air filter

bespoke grill

Racing arches

a sub, components 2 amps + some fancy head unit fully soundproofed

sprayed dash,

blue-led replacement on all interior dash components

all black bits of the car colour coded

I got carried away some what, totaly forgot to do the engine for some reason :blush: Glad I moved on though

This is the first car I bought:

16632_335875240400_845875400_941193.jpg

And the second :thumbs:

photo-10.jpg

It's a sport special, which means it doesn't have a turbo but has sports seats, white dials and a bigger spoiler than the standard non-turbos. They only made 400, 200 in black and 200 in yellow and was the last of the classic shape impreza's. Insurance was £700 when I was 23 with 2 years NCD and no claims which was a lot less than a turbo model would have been, if anyone would have touched it!

It's my dads only car whilst he looks for another and then once he's found something I'll probably have to sell it :thumbdown: I'd like to keep it as a shed/ winter car as I've got a new set of winter tyres on another set of wheels and stills drives fine but insuring a second car would be too expensive really, especially when I can walk to work in just over half an hour. Personally I think an insurance company should give me a discount for having a more suitable car for wintry conditions rather than trying to use a more expensive rwd car but that's another discussion entirely.

• 1 month later...

thought it would be cool to do a run through of my car history

1. my first car (when i was young and nieve (ps2, tv screen, subwoofers, big alloys, you know the drill))

IMG_1001.jpg

2. after that i went all sensible with a brand new 1.8 sri astra

Picture625.jpg

3. My focus st170 that was tuned to 204 bhp,

mediasfdghf.jpg

mediafggh.jpg

4. Got a liquid yellow R26

2007_0203CarPictures0062.jpg

5. Had to sell that to start up my business so downgraded to a e36 328 convertible

2008_0506CarPictures0065.jpg

052.jpg

2008_0506CarPictures0059.jpg

6. because i had to constantly carry around superglue and ducktape when i had the bimmer i wanted something newer again so got a astra coupe turbo (201bhp)

GetAttachment3.jpg

7. could afford it again so brought myself to another R26

getcontent.jpg

8. I always fancied one so I treated myself to a 313 bhp 350z, had this for about a year

Car1.jpg

6d881ceb.jpg

9. Upgraded to the 370z about 2 months ago

38829506.jpg

f27b2576.jpg

10. And got myself a "sensible" car for the daily commute 2.2 twin turbo diesel C5

259f03e0.jpg

c44343f3.jpg

So as it stands I own the 370 and c5!

Currently eyeing up GTR'd though ;)

Sidekickdmr, your orange 350z for sale in a garage less than a mile from me. Been there for at least 15 weeks and wont budge due to the fact I think they are askinmg way too much for it :thumbdown:

Looked it over when I was looking for mine, but I wanted leather internals.

Paul

Sidekickdmr, your orange 350z for sale in a garage less than a mile from me. Been there for at least 15 weeks and wont budge due to the fact I think they are askinmg way too much for it :thumbdown:

Looked it over when I was looking for mine, but I wanted leather internals.

Paul

Ah I did wonder what happened to that! Got a link or name of garage?

Mastercars, Biggleswade.

Bizarrely its described as Red, they didn't mention to me it was a 313bhp model, just described it as pretty and fast...... £12995 its on for and personally I think thats way too much?

Don't suppose you're prepared to say what you got for it? :lol:

Nice condition though, so you must have looked after it :thumbs:

Paul

Ricey.

Agree with you cause to date i,ve owned 38 cars in the last 45 years !

e type,mgb,mg midget, corvette stingray,lotus elise, jaguar xjs, mg mustang, b.m.w.m3 ,mitsubish gto, s class merc,740 bmw,lexus 400,merc sl,just to name but a few of the more exotic ones.

All started very humbly with a moggie 1000 back in 1966.

Wish i had kept pictures now.

Mastercars, Biggleswade.

Bizarrely its described as Red, they didn't mention to me it was a 313bhp model, just described it as pretty and fast...... £12995 its on for and personally I think thats way too much?

Don't suppose you're prepared to say what you got for it? :lol:

Nice condition though, so you must have looked after it :thumbs:

Paul

Yeh just found it on autotrader, thanks!

I got £11,500 for it as a part exchange (at another dealer) good car though and yes it was well looked after!

• 1 month later...

Joined looking in to Z's. Thought i'd stick a few photos in here of the 4 cars i've owned. Thought some of you may have a vague interest in the GTi being Nissan owners, don't see them anymore.

This was by far the slowest most dangerous car i've owned, 55 horses when new I believe, 1.1 8v, burnt oil wasn't good, but got me around:

car.jpg

What was a huge upgrade. Bought on 56,000 for £675 and still going strong for a family memeber at high 80's. 100bhp, p/s, electrics, seems terrible now but seemed awesome, lol:

P200310_15310002.jpg

Then was the GTi, cost me about £1100 I think. SR20DE, bought with full SS exhaust inc decat and 4-2-1 mani, lowered, kyb gas shocks, red stuff pads and braided lines. FAR too stiff, gave me headache regularly but I loved the rarity (for good or bad, lol). Only kept for 4-5 months. Was great fun:

100_11012.jpg

IMG_0415.jpg

IMG_0412.jpg

Then the Civic, car I have now. Has braided lines, DS2500 front pads, a tegiwa CF air box, HID's, tinted windows. MUCH better everyday car than the GTi, and quicker I think too especially in third. The cross over in VTEC with an air filter sounds awesome and is addictive and brilliant can't get enough. Probably even more fun:

1.jpg

2.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

4.jpg

IMG_0862.jpg

Next? 75% likely to be a nice Z ;).

P.S just spotted past car thread, MOD obviously feel free to merge!

I've always liked the EP3 civic typeR but could never get over the gear stick position. It's the one thing that's always put me off getting one

+1 nice though test drive a few z and you soon want one :thumbs: