Memory Lane: Post up your old car pics here

stanski

A couple more from the archives. This one was taken at my parents in 1970 and was my first brand new car.

Scan034September222010.jpg

I've moved up in the world by 1972 :) . Here's my Mk4 Spitfire.

Scan035September222010.jpg

I may as well tag these on. Here's my first Datsun pictured in Germany, unfortunately this is the only pic I have of this one. Not much to say about it really, except I remember seeing it about 10 years after I sold it.

Scan036September232010.jpg

This was another one I had, 2 tone limited edition

Scan037September232010.jpg

And finally for now here's something different. This car would have been interesting with 150 bhp but Fiat decided to put a weedy 84 bhp 1500cc engine in it. Handled like a go cart...unless it was snowing when it became an out of control missile, I spun it 5 times in one night on my way home from work in the snow :scare: . The build quality made a Marina look like a Lexus, the door handle came off in my hand when someone came round to test drive it :doh: . I don't think Fiat bothered with anti corrosion, the door had sprouted several nasty rusty areas after 12 months. Rubbish really, I was glad to get rid of it after just over a year.

Scan038September232010.jpg

Pete

• 1 year later...

first car was a red MK2 VW GOLF 1.8 GL

_VW_Golf_Mk2_GTI_8V4a0191ed63568.jpg

second car was a white vauxhall astra estate

DSCN0081.jpg

third car was a black renault megane 1.4 dynamique

image_13042913670a1.jpg

forth was a MK5 FORD FIESTA ZETEC-S 1.6 (i had in various different modes while i owned it show/track/rat)

DSC00017-1.jpg

3ZSS.jpg

DSC00222-1.jpg

Hedliteafter.jpg

donny12.jpg

fifth car was a MK5 VAUXHALL ASTRA VXR VXRacing Edition No.369 with a full Remus exhaust system

CIMG1533-1.jpg

CIMG1535.jpg

CIMG1534.jpg

CIMG1536-1.jpg

CIMG1537.jpg

CIMG1542.jpg

sixth car was a honda civic 1.3dx

0017d61296_640.jpg

seventh car is a AUDI A3 2.0L FSI SPORT (still own this)

IMG_0288-1.jpg

IMG_0289-1.jpg

IMG_0290-1.jpg

and my eigth car is a NISSAN 350Z GT 313

CIMG2227.jpg

CIMG2228-1.jpg

CIMG2234.jpg

CIMG2232-1.jpg

First vehicle I had was a little Gilera Runner SP50 moped when I was 16, no pics funnily enough...

Then a year later I upgraded to this Cagiva Mito Evolution II (125cc). Threw on a Giannelli pipe and the thing rocketed to 115mph and could beat M5's off the lights up 'til about 50. Broke down a couple of years later and have never got it going since. Still have it.

post-9675-135011921721_thumb.jpg

Then when I was 20 I wanted a car, so bought this Hyundai S-Coupe MVI SE. (Please excuse the bare body :p)

post-9675-135011921741_thumb.jpg

Bought it before doing my test which I failed and kind of lost heart in the whole thing, so it sat in my drive for a number of years until last week, this happened... :evil:

post-9675-135011921771_thumb.jpg

Then last year when I was 27 I bought this monster! Loved that bike, and will definitely buy another Ducati when I can afford it!

post-9675-135011921779_thumb.jpg

Sold it at the end of January at a profit to a guy in Southern Ireland, applied for theory, passed, applied for the practical test, did 2 lessons and passed. Then I bought this beast! My beautiful Kuro Zed, Norman. :yahoo:

post-9675-135011921787_thumb.jpg

Currently has a big beautiful orange 'R' plate on the windows which matches the stitching on the seats B)

• 3 weeks later...

my car history!

first car, 1.25 Zetec Fiesta:

a7617f9d.jpg

Then i moved on to a Seat Ibiza 1.8t Cupra

808b2f50.jpg

Then a Toyota MR2 Turbo:

bfb58bc4.jpg

At the same time, I ran a Pug 205 TD as a daily driver:

69940e16.jpg

I sold the MR2 and bought a Mitsubishi FTO GPX manual:

288cf038.jpg

I then imported myself a Toyota Celica GT4 ST205 - my pride and joy for over 5 years:

cba7b9ea.jpg

Then an impulse purchase, i bought an MR2 Gti as a second car:

32b0073c.jpg

I soon sold the MR2 and bought myself a Pug 306 as a daily:

cbd78dd1.jpg

Then after a year or so I upgraded to a BMW 320cd:

2b80aae4.jpg

With me buying a house last year, the GT4 was sold, then I part Ex'd the BMW for a 08 Peugeot 207 GTi 1.6 Turbo:

c2aa41e0.jpg

Disappointed with the 207, i downsided to a Pug 306 HDI as a daily. It was seriously chavved up, but i saw the potential:

before:

6479e745.jpg

now:

5e56f720.jpg

And finally, less than 3 weeks ago, I bought my Zed...and havent stopped smiling since :teeth: :

ec6a1312.jpg

516f69fe.jpg

seeing as im planning on keeping the zed a good few years, thought i'd post my car history in here!

First car - a 1996 306 1.4 petrol...

6995715490_b1e65e425e_z.jpg

A terrible car really. Learnt in it and had a few sketchy moments after being ferried around by my dads scooby turbo and thinking all cars were that fast. They really aren't.

Reason for demise: got bored very quickly, so sold it to my brother, just months before the waterpump went and it was scrapped.

How much i miss it: 2/10

Second car - a 2001 306 1.8 petrol...

7141803949_36530245cd_z.jpg

A lot, lot better. half leather seats, air con, snappy gearchange... really an excellent car. i bought it with the 15s on, and then about a year later the exhaust fell off, so i bought a peco exhaust and a jetex airfilter to go with it. chavvy indeed, but it sounded awesome, and was actually decently quick.

Reason for demise: got bored of realising i was carrying around 2 extra seats all the time, and was hankering for some roof down, rwd action...

How much i miss it: 6/10

Third car - a 1999 MX5 1.8

6868949352_648aec8ef0_z.jpg

wow what a difference! Excellent steering, so sharp and nimble! A real hoot on the B roads, with the roof down at every opportunity. Also the car i really learnt to drive in, took it on a number of drift days and got it nice and sideways - went through about a dozen rear tyres with it (buying sets of 4 wheels and tyres on ebay, and then selling on the wheels once the tyres were bald)

Also my most modified car - after drifting it i realised it desperately needed some stiffer springs, so got KONI springs and dampers fitted, and then larger 15" wheels, air filter, and rollbar. And finally after bending the exhaust tip hitting an earth bank, bought a cheap dual exhaust on ebay. Sounded great revving to 7k, properly on cam above 4k.

Reason for demise: 140bhp is quite slow, and i realised i could afford to get insured on my next main car, the 300zx!

How much i miss it: 7/10

Fourth car - a 1995 328i

7141812467_2e4e7ac078_z.jpg

Bought for £800 and used exclusively as a track car with a mate, it was my first car with a 6cyl engine. had a great spring/summer stripping it out, fitting bucket seats, steering wheel and harnesses, and going on airfield days. Most fun i have ever had in a car - we won a competition with quaife for an LSD, which was fitted to a car on standard suspension, but with no weight at all over the back axle! Became very very sideways after that, but immensely good fun to drive. Had a few spins and offs at various tracks and a very treacherous Cadwell park in the rain :surrender:

Reason for demise: my friend was moving away, so couldnt keep it. Eventually sold car and trailer together, and made a small profit!

How much i miss it: 8/10 I LOVED being on track. best way of spending a summers day you can have.

Fifth car - a 1990 300ZX

5638383421_dae9abaa0c_z.jpg

Oh yes - a 3 litre, twin turbo manual UK car. full leather, aircon, electric everything. bought in the colour i wanted, already modded with 18" rotas, 99spec front conversion, induction, custom dual exhaust and spoiler. The only thing i did was get it remapped for 330bhp. And it was absolutely rapid, and awesome, and all for £3k. Only problem is it drank fuel (12mpg round town, 22mpg on motorway) and it was so unreliable... the previous owner screwed the front bumper into the intercooler so it had an air leak for a while, the electric fan packed up so it overheated, and the clutch went. However, i still maintain that if it was made new today, i'd have it in a heartbeat.

Reason for demise: a conrod snapped, uneconomical to spend £1500 on a new engine, so scrapped it and made £1300 back from parts :byebye:

How much i miss it: it it worked perfectly, 9/10, as it was, 5/10.

Sixth car - a 2000 Civic VTI coupe

7141819763_fca779c017_z.jpg

after the terrible 7 months in the 300zx, i wanted a sensible, economical car to drive over winter, so back to FWD, massive downgrade to just 1.6 litres, and a honda civic, ffs. however, i definitely had to have the screamer of a B16a2 engine, and the noise when on cam at 8,000 rpm was just awesome. Only problem was, it had nothing to give below 5k, so overtakes were a hassle. i would love a VTEC as a track car, but on the road just too much hard work.

Reason for demise: lack of torque! had it for 2 months before deciding i needed something faster and started saving. when on VTEC its awesome, and i would imagine an NSX would be the perfect car, but most of the time it was just a mundane FWD coupe. Also, someone crashed into it and ripped the front bumper off, so was deemed a write off, but it saved me the hassle of selling it, and got me in my next car a month earlier than planned!

How much i miss it: the car 6/10, the VTEC 9/10 :teeth:

Seventh car - a 2003 350Z :D:D:D

6929077917_482ed05370_z.jpg

Finally in a zed! After missing the comfort, looks, and power of the 300ZX, but not missing the uneconomical and unreliableness, i had a choice of three cars, an M3 (too expensive) an S2000 (too peaky, problems with lack of torque again) and a zed. Very happy i picked the zed - I love a V6, its THREE POINT FIVE litres of naturally aspirated engine (!) I have all the toys bar sat nav, its done 43,000 miles and i got it for under £7k.

The torque is brilliant, and i love the gearbox... 3rd and 4th are torrents of smooth power delivery, but it'll happily sit at 80mph on the motorway doing less than 3k revs. returns 33mpg as well at a push, which is plenty. I have a 1000 mile roadtrip in just over a week and cannot wait, i love driving my zed!

Thanks for making it this far, heres to many happy years motoring in the zed and i hope to keep it for a long time to come yet. :yahoo:

My cars:

First one was a red Rover 214Si.....no pictures because it was a rust bucket and only cost me £50 :blush: , got me from A to B for a year though.

Second Car was a Citroen C2 Loeb (Only had for a year also :byebye: )...loved this car and was immaculate showroom shiny :teeth:.

100_0491.jpg

100_0500.jpg

3rd Car is my beloved Bumblebee :cloud9:

IMG_0497.jpg

shamelessly stolen from my intro thread months ago but here some of my more interesting ones. First car was an estate peugeot 3something? hideous and slow but Ok for first car! then after some old golfs, audi's, vauxhalls nad other cheap old bangers finally got into Jap cars and then modifying them!

the one that started the modified car bug:

old banger 200sx S13. I learnt lots about modding with this one! cheap and cheerful:

blackS13.jpg

After a while I got a loan and px'd it for this S14a:

S14a.jpg

not very modified but nice low miler. Got bored of it (again) so sold it to a guy at Apex in Bradford and it's now got a V8 in it! With the sales money I paid the loan off and got a 1.6 MX5.... got bored of no power very quick so got another S13 (no pics). Six months later sold that and got an S14 that had a GT2871 strapped to it and 400bhp!!:

S14.jpg

thing went like something off a shovel but TOO fast for everyday use. Had nothing then when turbo spooled up it took off somewhere!

After that I got an Aristo - big and pimp with a lovely engine (2JZ GTE, straight 6 twin turbo) but stupid costs to run - 14mpg and most parts are import or same as a Supra so very expensive.

Aristoback.jpg

aristofront.jpg

2JZa.jpg

This had to be sold as I didn't own shares in an oil rich state so then I went back into an MX5, this time it had to be more poweful so a turbo one became mine!

Docksfront.jpg

rearriver.jpg

I bought it nearly 'finished' but have had the mapping done properly and added some wheels and a cage etc.

Then sold this and got the Zed, no major mods yet as like it as it is! Also got a 1.2 Corsa to drive when i need more than two seats or need to move band stuff around. Need some pics of the Zed as well thinking about it!

heres a few of my more recent ones

The last one ....god I miss her 400/400 stripped out and caged :-)

user166_lpic4072_1253716693.jpg

the one before it ca64fe46.jpg

the one before that CIMG1491.jpg

before that \egyptdoningtontrackdaymarhamtrackda.jpg

Im missing photos of the fto and mr2 turbo and my first k plate scoob. Had a rover tomcat turbo a fiesta RS turbo, r5 raider and an AX GT before that the AX was my first car and at te time was awesome all 115 bhp of it :lol:

I miss them all, the Accord got broken up and sold for parts as i couldnt sell it... was totally mint..

The Integra got bought by a mad man who supercharged it and destroyed it and the Merc probably got bought by a hairdresser and it was loved forever.

atr3.jpg

hebrides1.jpg

hebrides2.jpg

More fun than any car I have owned.. EP3 with Super Street comprising of a Tein Fast road setup.. Standard engine.. Very sweet handling car would beat any 350 round a corner..

Closest thing that revs like a motorbike and Sings like a sowing machine....Hope you like it ! Sold it 4 years ago, day after i had taken this photo.. Was sold in 5min no test drive ?..

That was a strange day i recall lol....

ODWoq.jpg

mmmm just looked through all 12 pages of this... have to say, there are a lot of modified corsas! thankfully by the time i started buying cars they had built up a reputation, and safe to say i wouldnt have touched one with a barge pole :lol:

Not as many members coming from a 90s jap sports car... the odd supra or GTO here and there, but surprised mine was the only 300ZX. plus there seems to be a lot of members going straight from fwd hatches to rwd zeds - im glad i went via an MX5 otherwise i'd have no doubt got myself in trouble! :blush: