Memory Lane: Post up your old car pics here

stanski

I had a mk2 1.3 3dr astra in red as my first car

moved on to a 1.4 corsa that ended up being heavily modified.lol

next came FTO no.1 of 2

that got swapped in favor of a 'more' fuel efficient 1.6 mk4 golf that got decked on some rims

Change of job then FTO no.2 comes along and ends up like this....

4240_95493521659_561796659_2650828_.jpg

4240_93342356659_561796659_2615291_.jpg

then finally the pearl white JDM zed B)

My first car,

99 T plate 1L corsa, totally standard when i bought it

CAR016.jpg

CAR003.jpg

CORSA001.jpg

2nd, 2002 Honda Integra DC5 2L iVETC, bought it standard barr a Mugen front bumper

paulinesnightout012.jpg

myteg025-1.jpg

Picture108-1.jpg

3rd, 2003 Nissan 350z GT Kuro black standard when bought

100_0848.jpg

cruise-050.jpg

Some more cool cars and pics there :thumbs: Thanks again for taking to time to postup.

I remember when those Peugeots 406 coupe's were regarded as the dogs- however depreciated faster than a Betamax video recorder! :lol:

That Corsa looks seriously chavved up nice one :lol: I always liked the Integra Type R - quite rare

I fancied an FTO a while back also but they were all in various states of duff panel fit the ones I saw and was put off them! :shrug:

The problem with me is I like or have liked too many cars over the years some not so good! (Almost got a Viva once!) :dummy:

Re: Metro's they were a much maligned car in the public's view but ours was actually pretty good except for the p*** poor engine design layout - I mean lets just put the points behind the front grill where no one can get to them to service without taking the feckin front of the car off! BL Friday night special there! But mpg anf ride was excellent and the exhaust only fell off once! :headhurt:

Stan FTOs are very hit & miss.My first cost nearly twice the price of my second BUT was half the car,not as good condition & ended up having a gearbox then a new engine :thumbdown:

Couldnt fault the one ive pictured up there though,only time it went wrong was the day before i sold it,the starter died :lol: Cant knock a mint 15year old car with 30k odd on it for £1600 :thumbs:

Stan FTOs are very hit & miss.My first cost nearly twice the price of my second BUT was half the car,not as good condition & ended up having a gearbox then a new engine :thumbdown:

Couldnt fault the one ive pictured up there though,only time it went wrong was the day before i sold it,the starter died :lol: Cant knock a mint 15year old car with 30k odd on it for £1600 :thumbs:

Sods laws about the starter, my Zed's roof would'nt fold the day it was being exchanged against the 300C - it knew you see ! :surrender: - I know what you mean though - but you need to look at umpteen cars before you know its the right one in good condition! :dry:

One thing I can say - anything that I have got for less than £500 (most of my cars) I have never lost money on and they cost me sod all to run anything above that - fortune!! :shrug:

Love the MR2 roadster in fact had 2 the first one on a Y reg then the revised one on a '53 - in fact its one of the few cars I miss to this day :byebye:

Mine was black with red leather and hardtop also - those flippin hardtops - not heavy just bulky - I bet you kept yours in the spare bedroom like everyone else! :lol:

Love the MR2 roadster in fact had 2 the first one on a Y reg then the revised one on a '53 - in fact its one of the few cars I miss to this day :byebye:

Mine was black with red leather and hardtop also - those flippin hardtops - not heavy just bulky - I bet you kept yours in the spare bedroom like everyone else! :lol:

In the garage wrapped up in an old duvet actually. My garage has never seen a car in it...everything but!

• Like 1

Awesome thread!

P!ssed that I don't have any pictures of my old cars! It just so happens that every phone/digital camera that ever held a still of any of my previous cars got lost through many a nights when I got intoxicated, or have sunken to the floor of The Broads after a tussle with a p!ssed off football lout, not too long after England were kicked out of the '06 World Cup: Resulting in him throwing me into The Broads. :blackeye::lol:

1st: T plate Peugeot 306 1.4 se: The previous owner (an Avon runabout woman) had made some serious mods, in the way of some 14" Saxo VTR wheels!!

2nd: T plate (Mk4) VW Golf GTi (Non-turbo), Black, 3 door: Following my fathers footsteps into loving VDubs, and in particular, Golf's (my Dad had previously owned a Mk2 GTi 8v, then to a Mk3 GTi 8v. I thought it only to be right to get the same spec, but in the next model in line. Loved this car to bits.

3rd: 54 plate (Mk5) VW Golf GTi, Tornado Red, 3 Door: After a year with the Mk4, I decided to blow my hard-earned cash into another Golf. I absolutely loved this car, with a passion!! The fact that I have not one photo of it hurts.

So, the Turbocharged 2.0L (200bhp) wasn't enough.

And, then that day came when my brother-in-law brought round his new Porsche Caymen S Sport (Candy White), he let me test drive it... :teeth:

It was he who told me I ought to "man up, grow some balls, and go for something rear-wheel drive, and preferably with 300+bhp."

Here I am. :yahoo:

thought i'd put mine up aswell:-

'77 mk1 polo in electric blue colour. was B) when i was 17 !

'89 peugeot 205. was falling apart by the end and the passenger door didn't open so passengers had to get in and out dukes of hazzard style. i had to get in through the boot once in my suit for work cos all the other doors were frozen up! had interesting overheating tendancies - usually going uphill on the m62 at anything above 50mph without heaters on full blast :blush:

'92 mk1 import v-spec mx-5. black with mustard interior. loved this car and still wish i'd been able to keep it :byebye:

'52 mini cooper s works (the only one i seem to have easily accesible pics for!). was great fun :drive1 . marzman may recognise it - especially the back of it :lol:;)

yrY90kcbGz.jpg

lQ52VK5gaR.jpg

VDCM1oYDeF.jpg

nchmQfyJI4.jpg

'52 GM zed version ST. had to sell cos of future arrival of baby zed :dummy:

tk6IT7CIp7.jpg

'58 (1958 that is!) wolseley 1500

P7IwNEg2h8.jpg

and most recently the GV !!

x2ttICfrcD.jpg

the most worrying thing is that the years of the first few cars makes me seem really old :scare: - but they were 10 yr + old cars when i had them !!

i was given a 23yr old blue 998cc mini by my dad at christmas when i was 15 and i learned so much about working on cars from that thing! i was worth about £200 but had only done 38000 miles, i spent alot of my hard earned paper round money doing that up to look like a cooper! absolutly loved it! then blew the engine up a month after passing my test! so sold that, biggest mistake ever!! loved it to bits! which led me to my next car, a mates dad was scrapping a 1989 rover 214i but it still had 4 months mot left so i snapped it up! it had been lowered so scraped everyroad hump, the drivers window didnt work, the laquer peeled off the bonnet when i got over 80 and if i parked with the wheels straight the power steering didnt work, got rid of that after 6 months and brought a 1.6 k reg white astra! BORING! traded that in for a new mg zr when i was 19! i bot it a week after they went bust for 8100! loved it with a passion wanted to marry it at the time! but i got the need for more speed so i traded it for this!

217.jpg

216.jpg

went like s*** off a shovel! had this for a few months and thought it was too good to go to work in so i got an 'n' reg subaru impreza sport 2.0! brilliant brakes and grip! not enough power so sold that for a 500 profit! lucky i didnt sell my astra in the end just left it on the drive and put that back on the road and had it for 3 years! then i brought my Z! i absolutly love this.

9321_172870556347_654586347_4206803.jpg

Looking back i should have kept my mini! had so much fun in this little go kart :thumbs:

Dude, do you never clean your wheels??????

i was bored of the astra when i took those photos so cleaning it got neglected! and the zed photo was on a friday at work after doing 600 miles that week! hadnt had a chance to clean it! there not like it now :thumbs:

It was the diesel sporting 130bhp, so very easy to tune. Engine work was a GSR (prototype) long ram induction kit and a remap at red dot in watford. Thats it! To get that sort of power from the petrol 120bhp turbo you need the turbo from the abarth version, a decent exhaust and induction and intercooler topped off with a remap.

• 1 month later...

Not really memory lane as I've not had that many but hey.

1. Mk3 golf 1.4cl - Got it on 105k and sold it on 155k, only had one thing go wrong which was the water pump!

2. Corsa sport - started off as a 1.6 but I had it converted to a 2.0 16v :drive1

DSC01877.JPG

DSC01842.JPG

3. Golf 25th Anni 1.8t

DSC02917.JPG

DSC02919.JPG

4. Sunset 350z GT B)

DSC02944.JPG