Is the 350 a comfortable cruiser?

Hello everybody iam new here and currently looking at 350s. At present ive got a fully stripped out track prepared dc2 integra which i love. However as you can imagine its a little harsh for are "quality" british roads, plus the fact it takes me 20 minutes to climb in past the rollcage and get straped in :D . This is starting to grate away at me now so iam after a daily driver but i still want somthing good looking and fast hence me looking at 350s. The question i would like anwsering is does the 350 ride the roads nicely? is it nice and quiet at motorway speeds? and are they comfortable? Would you look forward to driving down to the south of france? or would you dread it?

I appreciate that it is still a sports car and wont be as quiet,comfortable or ride as nice as a big german merc or Bm. But in general are they a good car to live with?

Thanks in advance

Jimmy

On standard suspension mine was very comfortable, and i'd love to drive to the south of France in one.

+1 - mine is still on OEM suspension and its fine. I have done loads of long journeys, not least 350miles to Sunderland in one go and 200 miles to North Wales 3 times for Wales Runs (do a search on here, they are awesome). Never had a complaint and the missus doesnt mind it either :thumbs:

Have previously done over 2000+ miles around europe in a little under two weeks, some journeys consisting of 450 mile trips in a single morning - and it was just fine. Got out without any aches or pains that some other cars give after being in for that length of time. :thumbs:

Admittedly I have only owned for 3 weeks but I have already driven 1700 miles (as my bank manager will testify to the fuel bills).

I am 6'5 and previously owned 2 200sx which I have to say are not at all suitable. I suffer from bad back and I really had trouble but I loved the car so put up with it, I could never drive more than 90 minutes without problems.

The 350 is very different even though the cabin space is smaller it os obviously better layed out being 2 setaer rather than 2+2. Even though I really only just fit, any taller than me would really struggle, I am very comfortable in it, no back problems what so ever and I have been on 4 hour journeys.

I would highly recommend but to be honest, if you are looking for an impartial view on a Z I think you have come to the wrong place, from what I have seen so far we are all nuts about them!! :D

Well I'm about to find out .............finally done the deal :yahoo: .......first zed.........flying down south at the weekend and driving back to Fife from Essex - I'll let you know after 520 miles straight ;)

Welcome to the forum Jimmy. Well let's see, over 5 years of 350 ownership, still happy to jump in for a drive irrespective of the distance. :drive1 There's 3 adjustment points on the electric seats so you should be comfortable and the control angles are quite ergonomic too.

As others have said, long distance cruises are what the 350 is made for.

Did 4,400 miles in 3 weeks through Europe 2 years ago and enjoyed it so much went back this April and did 3,000 more in two weeks (and I've got a very bad back and a fairly hard KW suspension set up - no problems at all!) (And the 350 got more looks outside the Cannes Hilton than the Fezza parked next to it :thumbs: )

And don't panic too much on the fuel bills - I managed to average 26.7 mpg over the entire trip and didn't use one motorway.

I've not had a problem with the comfort of the Zed. As mentioned you can adjust 3 points on it so there will be a setting in there somewhere for you.

I picked mine up from Stafford and had a 3 hour drive home, got out feeling great. It wasn't like that when I used to drive my Vectra! :blush:

Sounds like just what iam after. Iam going to look at a few at the weekend so ill let you know how it goes. But like i said so far it seems to tick all the boxes. It would be nice to be able to go for a drive to the coast for the day without my ears bleeding :D Its just a shame i cant drive it to the track and then have it transform into my teg.