Tattoos

ab350z

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Mother would disown me if I got a tattoo :lol:

I think they are fine if you want something original and artistic but (im sure im going to offend someone here) I think its gay to have a pattern thats fashionable at the time - aka Chinese writing/tribal bands. :headhurt:

I think its gay to have a pattern thats fashionable at the time - aka Chinese writing/tribal bands. :headhurt:

You should have seen the amount of people that came to the chinese take away I used to work in, asking for names and such in chinese symbols.

Personally I wouldn't want a tattoo that I don't 100% know what it means.

One of my evil minded friends had such a customer in his restaurant, who wanted "Good Fortune" and "Great Wealth" tattooed in chinese symbols, but to his disadvantage, he was a rather annoying and rude customer.

So taking advantage of this, they told him these things.

Weeks later he came back and showed them off, the kitchen staff couldn't help but be very very amused.

Basically what they had told him in chinese was the following

"Gung Hei Fat Choi"

Which is a saying in chinese most commonly used during the new year period and translates as "Happy prosperous New Year".

He was never told what the true meaning was.

I think its gay to have a pattern thats fashionable at the time - aka Chinese writing/tribal bands. :headhurt:

You should have seen the amount of people that came to the chinese take away I used to work in, asking for names and such in chinese symbols.

Personally I wouldn't want a tattoo that I don't 100% know what it means.

One of my evil minded friends had such a customer in his restaurant, who wanted "Good Fortune" and "Great Wealth" tattooed in chinese symbols, but to his disadvantage, he was a rather annoying and rude customer.

So taking advantage of this, they told him these things.

Weeks later he came back and showed them off, the kitchen staff couldn't help but be very very amused.

Basically what they had told him in chinese was the following

"Gung Hei Fat Choi"

Which is a saying in chinese most commonly used during the new year period and translates as "Happy prosperous New Year".

He was never told what the true meaning was.

:lol: Could have been worse

my parents HATE me getting tattoos but oh well. hasn't stopped me getting any. my first one was just a mistake, so i got it covered up, can still slightly see it but it should be fine the next time im down. i actually go down to kidderminster to get this and i've still got 2 days of tattooing to go (about 12-14 hours tattooing, joy!) need to save the pennys first :)

but yeah its a start of a japanese sleeve

IMG00019-20090212-0837.jpg

My 2nd tattoo on the same arm could be getting covered up by this one too so i aint gonna show it.

my 3rd and 4th tattoo is this

1059883520_l.jpg

Maybe a little chavy for some but i still like it :)

Guy at work does them and very good he is too. But not really into them myself think half the guys who have them dont really know why they have them themselves. I quizzed one guy at work who a castle a snake and some wizard thing tattoed on his arm, i asked him the relevance and the meaning of this artwork to him and all he could say was it looked smart. :wacko:

Think i might have a fruit bowl tattoed on my back :lol:

And god only knows why you have to have something tattoed in another language they you dont understand. :wacko:

am clean at the moment, always wanted one, but never found anythin g i liked.

always said if i get something done it has to have meaning to me, or symbolise something great or major in my life.

don't think buying a zed counts, so for now i'm going to stay clean.

that and both my wife and my mum hate them, which makes things harder. :lol:

I'm in the supposed minority too then. I admire some in other people, those that are done well and have real meaning.

I've thought about it, but I'm so indecisive and the permanent nature scares me - it'd have to be something I think I would be happy with for life, and it would definitely be something small and somewhere discreet - I'm not a fan of large obvious tattoos, on women especially.