Big Phils progress

bigphil

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh Andrew, I am so sorry to hear this news, as I think I will know the agony you and your family are going through - just want to offer something positive for you, your Mum and your family and friends at such a difficult time.

At 17 my eldest son (also an Andrew) had what sounds to be a similar infection leading to brain surgery and he was on life support for some time. But thankfully through the skills of the staff at Atkinson Morley Hospital in Wimbledon he made a full recovery after a relatively short period, and at 31 he is now living life to the full with just a 'hot-cross bun' scarring on his head as a legacy. I hope by sharing this news it might help you and family to be optimistic about your Dad's outcome.

If anyone desereves to come through something like this your Dad does. He is one of the niceset and most genuine guys I have had the pleasure to meet.

It must also be unbearable for you trying to manage the business at ESR at a time like this. I am sure everyone on this forum will respect that unenviable position you are in and not put you under any more pressure than you already are.

June & I send our love and best wishes for 'Big Phils' recovery and that he soon on the mend so that life for you all can return to some form of normality.

Colin

like everyone else Andrew, I'm shocked and sad to hear the news. My deepest thoughts go you you and your family and sincerely hope that your dad makes a swift and strong recovery.

If there is anything the forum can do to help then please let any of the mods or admin know. :)

Very saddened and shocked to hear about this Andrew.

Mine and Lauras thoughts will are with your family, and we wish Phil a speedy recovery.

If you need anything at all then you have my number. Just give me a yell anytime.

Al

I just logged on to the site after being away for a while and was deeply shocked and saddened to read such news. While my dealings with Phil was fairly limited (so far), I appreciate how highly he is thought of, and the high regard the site has for him.

I wish the speediest of recoveries for Phil, and my thoughts and support go to all of you at what must only be a very worrying time.

I sincerely hope we'll being seeing Phil's advice and input back here very soon.

Carleton

Its difficult to add to the above without repeating everything said. Phil has been a great friend to the site and everyone on here. Katrina and I send our best wishes to Phil, Mrs Phil, Andrew and the rest of their family at this awful time.

God, just logged on and saw this! I am so shocked! Haven't met Phil yet but he is one of the guys definitely on my top five list to meet from this site and I'm sure that pretty soon I will. Please give him all my love and best wishes for a sucessfull recovery and best of luck with maintaining the business. Nic x

I've just logged on and seen this, am gutted to hear it. Life isn't fair but sometimes it dishes out a right kick in the nuts. Phil is one of the most genuine guys I know, and if there's any justice he'll make as full a recovery as possible. Sorry to hear it Andrew, if there's anything we can collectively do, we're here.

I'll be keeping everything crossed. :)