Auto or manual?

Andy Nefyn

Personally, I'd choose manual if it's a weekend warrior, much more involvement in driving the car. Although, I have heard the auto gearbox is also decent. 

It's more of a personal preference thing as well as depending on what you actually use the car for, there's no right or wrong answer to your question. 

• Like 2

Agreed. I had an auto as a daily and used it for munching work miles in and I couldn't fault it! Loved it. Great cruiser/GT car. Managed 400+ miles from a tank, cruising to Newcastle a couple of times. 

But I would definitely recommend the manual if you're driving locally and at weekends only. 

I ended up selling my auto after lockdown/COVID. WFH meant I no longer did the miles in it, so didn't use it as much. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Adrian@TORQEN said:

I'll be the odd one out, auto for me with the mapping done on the gearbox so it's a bit more responsive. 

Mine was mapped by Jez @ Horsham! (ECU and gearbox). Gearbox was great in manual mode when using the paddles. And the sound of the downshift rev matching never got old!  

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

It all depends on your surroundings I live 5 miles out of Leicester @*!#  Road system so auto all day long but I can go 3 miles up the road were the rich live 7 am on  Sunday morning about 2 miles of by pass .

This is when manual comes in 155 in my focus st and 173 in my auto c5 corvette. I love 370 but the vet wins my vote